Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Last night was weirdly beautiful. Myself and friend of mine went for a short walk around the nearby countryside just after midnight and the combination of moonlight and patchy, shallow mist in the fields made for a surreal spectacle. Every so often we encountered some of this mist spilling out onto the road and when walking through them, you could really feel the change in temp. I've said it before, but I think Ireland is at its most beautiful under clear, bright moonlight. It is a different world altogether.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sideswipe wrote: »
    I closed my eyes after reading that and conjured up the picture you painted- Thank You!

Blessed I am to share the beauty here; thank you.

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Last night was weirdly beautiful. Myself and friend of mine went for a short walk around the nearby countryside just after midnight and the combination of moonlight and patchy, shallow mist in the fields made for a surreal spectacle. Every so often we encountered some of this mist spilling out onto the road and when walking through them, you could really feel the change in temp. I've said it before, but I think Ireland is at its most beautiful under clear, bright moonlight. It is a different world altogether.

Thank you. I caught a hint of this here, where we have a Dark Sky area. Only the harbpur and buoy lights...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    You're as changeable as the Athenry weather! :P

It affects my mood way too much I won't lie !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

What an absolute stunner of a day today !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    It affects my mood way too much I won't lie !!!!!

aaannnnddddd Sunday looks terrible again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Another calm clear night

Meanwhile unbelievable stats from SE Spain

A weather station in Murcia received 32 mm of rain in 10 minutes, 146.4 mm in one hour and 320.6 mm in 24 hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning sunset at Hill of Tara earlier this pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Class night out there, clear sky, chilly enough breeze, and the moon lighting up the countryside

Gale warning ( marine) for these waters up to force 8 today. Has been breezy all night and getting louder. Ah well! All is well. West Mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭squarecircles

pad199207 wrote: »
    Another calm clear night

Meanwhile unbelievable stats from SE Spain

A weather station in Murcia received 32 mm of rain in 10 minutes, 146.4 mm in one hour and 320.6 mm in 24 hours,

Was watching with astonishment the flooding on spainish news networks last night, just saw this in the papers this morning,it's seems some proper atlantic Irish misery seeped into the lower levels of the atmosphere, disturbing their warmth, there was some heavy rain in Barcelona last Tuesday. OK time to get to the beach, beautiful day in Barcelona, 28 degrees, clear sky.

The pants are back on
    Feels chilly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

km79 wrote: »
    The pants are back on
    Feels chilly

despite the sun doesn't feel that warm. Tomorrow will be significantly colder again with low to mid teens in many places. It will warm up slightly again next week with mid to high teens in places. It's possible 20C could be reached in a few sheltered areas from breezes in good spells of sunshine next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

tomorrow will see a very large temperature range across the country as much colder air sinks southwards.

Tomorrow afternoon could see temperatures struggle to reach past 9 or 10C in parts of the North and north west with low teens in most places. The far south holding on to warmer conditions where up to 20C is still possible.

arpegeuk-41-32-0.png?14-13

Monday will be another chilly day with temperatures struggling to get much past 13 or 14C, a bit warmer in the far south.

arpegeuk-41-54-0.png?14-13

Tuesday see's an improvement in temperatures but still feeling cool, especially in the northern half of the country with mid teens, possibly high teens across the south.

arpegeuk-41-86-0.png?14-06

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What a day! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Fairly good agreement now on a good few dry days coming up after tomorrows blip. Seems the south will fair best overall. Meteograms for the 4 corners of Éireann (switches every 10 seconds or so)

MLdPCs7.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mostly clear and sunny here in Glasnevin. It just reached 21C, now starting to fall. It's now 20.7C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Stunning day in East Cork. Mid September days don’t get much better than this.

Cool to cold
    Dull
    Breezy

Normal service resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

In London for the weekend where it's been warm and sunny all day, same again tomorrow and expecting up to 27C. Ground is like dust here with so much heat and lack of rain all summer.

Heard earlier that it's a miserable wet and windy day back home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Stunning day here in south Dublin , a real treat .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A September stunner. Got up to 18.8C out here near the coast in the breeze, car saying 21C around Tralee.

As good an Autumn day as you could ask for , made for walking in the woods.

Pic : Ballyseedy Woods , Tralee today.

onKMSl9.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pretty much cloud free skies all day here in Wexford again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Sunny day Meath but on the cool side.
    Sounds windy out there tonight
    Is there much rain forecast tomorrow; ladies all-Ireland Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Castlebar - dark and drizzly with poor vis. Rotten Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very miserable morning in Kildare. I’ll let it off because I know it’s only a slight hiccup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was a gorgeous day yesterday in cork city and an amazing sunset too, currently down west for the weekend and it was really nice over the ocean!

Not as nice this morning though, back to grey skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some sunshine getting through here in South Laois. Currently near 18c in a light to moderate westerly breeze. I see Mullingar is only 12c and Knock Airport is just 9c. Amazing contrast.

cold, wet, miserable day here in Meath. Current temperature only 11C.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »
    Some sunshine getting through here in South Laois. Currently near 18c in a light to moderate westerly breeze. I see Mullingar is only 12c and Knock Airport is just 9c. Amazing contrast.

you can see the temperature contrast very well, it's a very sudden drop, the line dividing the cold and wet condtions, with the more seasonal temperatures is slightly south of Galway to Dublin.

temp_uk.png

This should push further south through the day, but I don't think the far south will get the cold at any point. Temperatures should start to recover from tomorrow/Tuesday.

Advertisement