Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Loughc wrote: »
    Odeon yeah? Ads and trailers first and movie set to start at 12.01. They can’t play movies before midnight but they can play ads and trailers before midnight.

Omniplex but ya same thing I’d imagine!

Cheers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Omniplex but ya same thing I’d imagine!

Cheers!

Yeah I imagine it’s the same. As it’s over 3 hours I imagine they want to get the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible rather than starting the movie at 12.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm just realising what I'm committing to do. Stay awake for 3 hours after midnight and not drink too much caffeine drinks so I don't have to use the loo.
    Maybe I should just get a catheter put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

flazio wrote: »
    I'm just realising what I'm committing to do. Stay awake for 3 hours after midnight and not drink too much caffeine drinks so I don't have to use the loo.
    Maybe I should just get a catheter put in.

Did it last year for infinity war and got a large coke zero... I was under pressure by the end haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll be alright as long as I haven't been on the batter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Seems the option in IMC santry at 4:15 on the Thursday is unreserved seating. That seems a bit weird?

SK1979 wrote: »
    Seems the option in IMC santry at 4:15 on the Thursday is unreserved seating. That seems a bit weird?

Same for Odeon on Thursday for the time I picked. They're possibly targeting what they expect to be peak times for reserved seating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Night MAXX showings in Cork Omniplex on Wednesday , Thursday and Friday all virtually sold out with the Saturday showing almost sold out.

Website wouldn't let me book tickets despite taking money from me yesterday so had to call in last night and earliest that was left (at night) with decent seats was Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Booked for the midnight show in Balbriggan Omniplex. Taking our 13 year old for his first midnight release, imagine it'll be quite the bragging rights for him on the Thursday morning in school!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sleepy wrote: »
    Booked for the midnight show in Balbriggan Omniplex. Taking our 13 year old for his first midnight release, imagine it'll be quite the bragging rights for him on the Thursday morning in school!

There’s no school that week. That’s the only reason I’m contemplating the midnight show. I was planning on going the next morning but it could be full of schoolchildren !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Mokuba wrote: »
    Night MAXX showings in Cork Omniplex on Wednesday , Thursday and Friday all virtually sold out with the Saturday showing almost sold out.

Yeah, it's nuts (unless you want to sit in the front row :rolleyes:) I had to settle for the Satruday 5pm showing. Hopefully it's not full of annoying kids. I've never seen a film book out like this a month before.

This is gonna be the highest grossing movie of all time, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Anyone hear anything about the Stella Rathmines showing it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yeah, it's nuts (unless you want to sit in the front row :rolleyes:) I had to settle for the Satruday 5pm showing. Hopefully it's not full of annoying kids. I've never seen a film book out like this a month before.

This is gonna be the highest grossing movie of all time, isn't it?

I dont think it will beat Avatar but it could slide into 2nd place behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

Booked Leicester square IMAX

#Hypetrain

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That 1 minute trailer, that's it I'm going dark on all things ENDGAME until the film has been released and seen in cinema.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That 1 minute trailer, that's it I'm going dark on all things ENDGAME until the film has been released and seen in cinema.

Same that thing spoiled wayyyyyy more than the first 15 minutes, ragin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I've pretty much pieced the plot together from watching that, quite annoying actually considering they the other trailers were mostly spoiler free.

My own fault for looking, obviously.

They did show more than expected in the latest teaser but tbh you'd be hard pushed to piece together a beginning, middle and end from what we've seen of an allegedly 3 hour film.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bookings for Endgame in the Eye Cinema in Galway are now available..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

They did show more than expected in the latest teaser but tbh you'd be hard pushed to piece together a beginning, middle and end from what we've seen of an allegedly 3 hour film.

Yep plus these lads being the master of misdirection in trailers and we could all thing we’ve worked it out only for there to be a massive unknown twist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was planning to see this in Imax seeing as it was filmed completely using IMAX cameras. Cineworld is nearly completely booked out on Thursday and Friday night so next day is Saturday which is filling up fast. Do people think it's worth seeing it in IMAX or will standard or 3d be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Was planning to see this in Imax seeing as it was filmed completely using IMAX cameras. Cineworld is nearly completely booked out on Thursday and Friday night so next day is Saturday which is filling up fast. Do people think it's worth seeing it in IMAX or will standard or 3d be enough?

I didn't know it was filmed using IMAX cameras, I would consider seeing it in IMAX if there were 2D screenings but it's all 3D and I hate 3D. Three hours wearing those glasses, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I didn't know it was filmed using IMAX cameras, I would consider seeing it in IMAX if there were 2D screenings but it's all 3D and I hate 3D. Three hours wearing those glasses, no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

For those who like the trailer music.

I booked the double bill in Odeon Coolock but its not costing anymore to watch Infinity then it is to watch Endgame. Is Infinity effectively a free viewing ?

Also i was a bit worried that Ive only booked myself in for Infinity as it has runtime of 333mins but obviously the two movies will be way more then that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Drumpot wrote: »
    I booked the double bill in Odeon Coolock but its not costing anymore to watch Infinity then it is to watch Endgame. Is Infinity effectively a free viewing ?

Also i was a bit worried that Ive only booked myself in for Infinity as it has runtime of 333mins but obviously the two movies will be way more then that!

333 minutes is 5 hours and 33 minutes so it is the two films.

333 minutes is 5 hours and 33 minutes so it is the two films.

Heads melted in work today. Didn’t even do the maths! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Mokuba wrote: »
    I've pretty much pieced the plot together from watching that, quite annoying actually considering they the other trailers were mostly spoiler free.

My own fault for looking, obviously.

:rolleyes: I bet you haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kind of annoyed at the timing of release for this movie, i would normally catch an early afternoon showing of this and the cinema would normally be pretty empty with all the kids in school, but all the lil feckers will be on easter holidays and will yap and text their way through the movie :mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Kind of annoyed at the timing of release for this movie, i would normally catch an early afternoon showing of this and the cinema would normally be pretty empty with all the kids in school, but all the lil feckers will be on easter holidays and will yap and text their way through the movie :mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

Ffs I forgot about that. Hopefully they're still bed at noon.

Advertisement