Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Good luck flushy. Pro tip; don't spill TCP all over your top beforehand.

In other news I just spilled TCP all over my top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

After the whole losing my job debacle, I have a second interview with a company that I saw on Friday. My tummy is in knots! it is the perfect job for me, but today I need to show the CEO and the CFO that is the case.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    In other news I just spilled TCP all over my top.

Tcp smells AMAZING

Tcp smells AMAZING

I like it too but everyone in the office was like 'why does it smell like burning plastic around here'.

It was like the sex panther scene in Anchorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Tcp smells AMAZING

TCP makes me faint!

And thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Go smash it, MrsF!

Edit: actually, it's probably over by now, so how'd it go?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah best of luck belatedly Flushy :P

quickbeam wrote: »
    Go smash it, MrsF!

Edit: actually, it's probably over by now, so how'd it go?

It was really really tough. I was in for an hour. This was the second interview. I was asked things I did not expect or hear in an interview before! I have no idea how I did, but not holding out too much hope tbh.

After my CV was dissected I was then given lots of questions. I don't know if there was a language issue, but some didn't make sense and I had to ask to see what it was they wanted from me.

Glad it is over! They are both nice guys, but the CEO seems very on top of his game! The CFO seemed really nice.

It was really really tough. I was in for an hour. This was the second interview. I was asked things I did not expect or hear in an interview before! I have no idea how I did, but not holding out too much hope tbh.

After my CV was dissected I was then given lots of questions. I don't know if there was a language issue, but some didn't make sense and I had to ask to see what it was they wanted from me.

Glad it is over! They are both nice guys, but the CEO seems very on top of his game! The CFO seemed really nice.

Best of luck. When will you hear? I hate interviews too. Hard to know sometimes what sort of information they want to hear.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Best of luck. When will you hear? I hate interviews too. Hard to know sometimes what sort of information they want to hear.

It was through an agency, so I will get a call in the AM no doubt for feedback and they will call the company. Just depends if they have more to see. It is not your normal IT job as it is mixed with accountancy which was why I was put forward.

My brain is still reeling from it!

• Advertisement

Still no word about job, got a call from agency on Wednesday to say I am still in the running.

Now to use my poker "one time" for this!

I hope they don't drag much longer, the suspense is killing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

8am and I've already been at work for two hours ::yawn::

How is everyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote: »
    8am and I've already been at work for two hours ::yawn::

How is everyone?

Just up and about myself. Late shift tonight. 2-12pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Its pissing rain outside, just received our new Dyson (+1 to adulting) that I'm looking forward to trying out later, I have all my new snuggly winter clothes on and a cat on my lap and we've friends coming over in about 3 hours to play My Little Pony Rpg so all in all the day is going well.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Its pissing rain outside, just received our new Dyson (+1 to adulting) that I'm looking forward to trying out later, I have all my new snuggly winter clothes on and a cat on my lap and we've friends coming over in about 3 hours to play My Little Pony Rpg so all in all the day is going well.

My Little Pony, eh? How does that work?

Mollyb60 wrote: »

The Wife's parents in Zimbabwe just took delivery of their first Dyson. It has caused quite a stir!
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Just up and about myself. Late shift tonight. 2-12pm :(

I couldn't be doing that. I can handle early starts be late shifts would be the death of me.

Necrominus wrote: »
    My Little Pony, eh? How does that work?

One of the guys found a My Little Pony rip off rpg book in a charity shop. It looks like it's designed for kids. So of course she bought it and we tried it out a few weeks back. Races are Pony, Unicorn or Pegasus, you get skills and all based on your character and the first little encounter in the book was about you and your friends having to find some missing pets in the forest. Didn't seem to be much violence coz kids so everything was mostly based on persuasion and skills. It was a hoot. So we're expanding now and doing another encounter today. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cool! Do you have to earn your cutie mark or do you start with one?

Just home from work. Exhausted! And have to work on a college assignment due Monday. FML!

Hahaha. So the Eir network seems to be down country-wide at the moment and my wife was freaking out as she had plans to watch a show via... alternative methods this evening.

Just had to try and communicate a DNS settings changed via text message - which worked!

Feeling very smug with myself right now and definitely in the good books :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Still no word about job, got a call from agency on Wednesday to say I am still in the running.

Now to use my poker "one time" for this!

I hope they don't drag much longer, the suspense is killing :(

It means your still in the running but not the first choice, hidefully whoever they are negotiating with walks away.

Banjo wrote: »
    Cool! Do you have to earn your cutie mark or do you start with one?

You get you choose your own cutie mark at the start.

Had a great session. Just finished up there. The mission for the day was to rescue some pony pals who had been kidnapped but we got sidetracked by one of the group who wanted to have a party so we stopped off and spent the day arranging a Palooza in a village. It included such local luminaries as Jim the Drunken Banjo player, Dave Foal, Fleethoof Mac, Neil the Bagpipe player, and a seahorse who played drinking glasses. We tried to hire Mareosmith but they were unfortunately unavailable.

Hurrah for the Pretty Pony Possee Party Planners! We're thinking of starting an event management business now. :cool:

Jack Moore wrote: »
    It means your still in the running but not the first choice, hidefully whoever they are negotiating with walks away.

Thanks Jack :)

I don't think that it is tbh. There are very few accountants that do IT as well, not just your basic stuff anyway. I am a qualified technician and it may be that they had others to see and like to take their time. The recruiters told me that they put forward countless CV's and I was the first to be asked for interview. But there are other recruiters trying to get the position filled too.

Still no word, but looking elsewhere anyway.

Happy Fridyah everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Happy Friday indeed!

It IS a happy friday! I thought I was working a 7am to 7pm tomorrow but my collegue reminded me that we swapped so I have a whole weekend free :D

How did you get on that time with your missus going away Fixxxer? Kids survived i take it?

Pter wrote: »
    How did you get on that time with your missus going away Fixxxer? Kids survived i take it?

Got my dates wrong with that too. Its next month. I used to have a good memory. I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I would like to make friends with an orangutan.

• Advertisement

Any particular reason why?

Advertisement