Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Save 15% on ferry travel

Book a minimum of 4 nights accommodation (chalet camping, self-catering accommodation or hotels) with us and we guarantee a saving of 15% on all Cork - Roscoff regular ferry fares (excluding special offers and promotions) and on onboard accommodation prices.

Travelling direct from Cork to Roscoff , arriving on a Sunday, we can make special arrangements for your arrival at properties with a Saturday changeover.

If you prefer a property with a changeover day during the week, we can book the required number of nights in a hotel en route if you wish. Or you may wish to select accommodation sold by the night where you can arrive any day.

Price promise

We guarantee to quote you the lowest ferry fare available for your sailings (valid only at time of quotation).

How to book
    Call our Reservations Team on 021 427 7801

see http://www.brittanyferries.ie/holidays/save-15-per-cent-on-ferry-travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

frash wrote: »
    Are you not sure if you've booked or is that a typo?

I booked with Lifestyle Holidays
    They were recommended by Hello France

Got it for €800 cheaper than KelAir were offering

Hi guys, going there 1st 2 weeks of june with friends who were there this year and said it was a fantastic site. We normally book with Eurocamp but got a 3bed mobile with A/C+decking for 11nights for €405 with lifestyle hols. Eurocamp was €750...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

Hi guys, going there 1st 2 weeks of june with friends who were there this year and said it was a fantastic site. We normally book with Eurocamp but got a 3bed mobile with A/C+decking for 11nights for €405 with lifestyle hols. Eurocamp was €750...

Good to hear they liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Just rang Irish Ferries and they said timetable for France next summer will be up probably next week and more than likely will have the 10% early booking discount. Hopefully prices will remain the same as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Anyone know how much IF was for first 2 weeks in June last year? and how much a cabin is (the 2 or 3 star ones)? I'm trying to gauge whether to go over and back with IF, or over with IF and back with Stena, which will be all price dependant.

I'm wondering whether to cash in all my tesco vouchers now so I can have them ready to go when IF announces their time-table, rather than having to wait for tesco to send them in the post and risk missing out on the day with IF I want to travel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Just rang Irish Ferries and they said timetable for France next summer will be up probably next week and more than likely will have the 10% early booking discount. Hopefully prices will remain the same as usual.

They told me same thing about 2 weeks ago - wish they would just release prices so we can decide who to travel with

alowe wrote: »
    Anyone know how much IF was for first 2 weeks in June last year? and how much a cabin is (the 2 or 3 star ones)? I'm trying to gauge whether to go over and back with IF, or over with IF and back with Stena, which will be all price dependant.

I'm wondering whether to cash in all my tesco vouchers now so I can have them ready to go when IF announces their time-table, rather than having to wait for tesco to send them in the post and risk missing out on the day with IF I want to travel!

Went with them on 15 June last year and came home with Stena 28 June - return trip for about €500 with Stena ploughing discount and early booking with IF

Had a 2* 4 berth inside cabin each way but have to say Stena cabin much bigger and beds more comfortable than IF. However IF have better seating areas & more for kids ? Will get a better cabin this year as the 2* is very basic & cramped.

So I'll book whoever has best price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

aquarius10 wrote: »
    Went with them on 15 June last year and came home with Stena 28 June - return trip for about €500 with Stena ploughing discount and early booking with IF

Had a 2* 4 berth inside cabin each way but have to say Stena cabin much bigger and beds more comfortable than IF. However IF have better seating areas & more for kids ? Will get a better cabin this year as the 2* is very basic & cramped.

So I'll book whoever has best price

Never used 2 star on IF but their 3 star is pretty similar to what I had on Stena. Worth the extra as its a much more pleasant ship,

Do you think that you'd have enough time to see the IF schedule and price, send off for tesco tokens, and still have availability when tesco tokens arrive?

• Advertisement

I currently only have €40 in boost vouchers for IF and if price is right I plan to book IF to Sail to France and use boost vouchers to pay off balance when I get more clubcard vouchers before Xmas. Should have €200 more in boost by Xmas and then some more next spring

Might sail home with Stena and use a 10% discount we have for them - they currently costing €459 with 3* outside cabin on 8 July - it all depends on the prices of IF and who's cheaper ?

Brittany are about €1178 return for similar dates - which isn't a bad price compared to Stena

Think the trip will cost about €1000 return with 3* cabins with IF out & Stena home and if I can get €200 or €300 off with Tesco for IF it will then reduce to around €700 ? Fingers crossed

Was anyone at ploughing today to ask what's the story with the 25% off for travel until May 31 ? Was hoping it was a misprint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

I really don't think that it's a misprint, I booked my crossing today going out on 31st May back on 22nd June using the ploughing discount link, there was the 25% discount for the outbound crossing but not for the return crossing but still a good saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭redmissb

Do you think that you'd have enough time to see the IF schedule and price, send off for tesco tokens, and still have availability when tesco tokens arrive?

Do you want to use tesco vouchers to pay the €100 deposit? I booked last year before I'd cashed in any tesco tokens. They said I need to send them the €100 within a week, I think it took a bit longer than that though and it was fine.

redmissb wrote: »
    Do you want to use tesco vouchers to pay the €100 deposit? I booked last year before I'd cashed in any tesco tokens. They said I need to send them the €100 within a week, I think it took a bit longer than that though and it was fine.

I don't mind paying €100 deposit cash if required. I'm thinking ferry will cost approx €700/800, and at the moment i'd have about €500 in vouchers - but I don't want to cash in IF vouchers if they prove way too expensive and I end up needing to go with Stena, therefore need Stena vouchers! But i'm afraid that if I wait until tesco send out vouchers that the price/day I want with IF won't be available. (I'm probably over-thinking....)

But if you're happy with IF prices and pay the deposit you have plenty of time to send in the vouchers. Don't convert any vouchers until the prices are released. Or am I missing something?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭webpal

There's been a lot of posts here about tesco vouchers and their use. I would strongly advise people to read tesco website's terms and conditions or contact IF. There is a lot at risk!

webpal wrote: »
    There's been a lot of posts here about tesco vouchers and their use. I would strongly advise people to read tesco website's terms and conditions or contact IF. There is a lot at risk!

Such as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭paulc1000

irish ferries 2016 dates and prices are up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

On the Tesco Tokens and Irish Ferries topic - I phoned IF today and based on that conversation this is what I am going to do -

When the Prices come out, I am going to book the Ferry and pay a Deposit by Card of €100. I will be able to avail of the Early Booking Discount. Then I am going to continue collecting Tesco Tokens and sometime in the New Year I am going to send my Tesco Tokens to Tesco to convert to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens. Then I will use those Boost Tokens towards the Balance owed to Irish Ferries. I can do this up to 42 days before sailing.

Hope this helps.

paulc1000 wrote: »

Just phoned there now and they won't let me book with the Tesco Tokens at all. Said that their system is not recognizing Tesco Tokens at the moment. Was put through to their Liverpool Office now and had been talking to someone in Dublin this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Filipa

paulc1000 wrote: »

Yes, and they have a 10% discount as well

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fulgencio

SusanC10 wrote: »
    On the Tesco Tokens and Irish Ferries topic - I phoned IF today and based on that conversation this is what I am going to do -

When the Prices come out, I am going to book the Ferry and pay a Deposit by Card of €100. I will be able to avail of the Early Booking Discount. Then I am going to continue collecting Tesco Tokens and sometime in the New Year I am going to send my Tesco Tokens to Tesco to convert to Irish Ferries Boost Tokens. Then I will use those Boost Tokens towards the Balance owed to Irish Ferries. I can do this up to 42 days before sailing.

Hope this helps.

I dont think you can do that. When i booked last year, they told me that if i didnt use the tokens from the start, then i couldnt pay the balance off with them.

fulgencio wrote: »
    I dont think you can do that. When i booked last year, they told me that if i didnt use the tokens from the start, then i couldnt pay the balance off with them.

This is what i'm worried over. Not to worry, thanks for the alert about prices. Will ring and see if I can pay deposit and tesco vouchers later.... or if not, will apply for tokens this evening.

This is what i'm worried over. Not to worry, thanks for the alert about prices. Will ring and see if I can pay deposit and tesco vouchers later.... or if not, will apply for tokens this evening.

Have just booked on the phone exactly as I outlined above earlier.

As posted earlier, you can do this you just need to make the booking over the phone instead of online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fulgencio

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Have just booked on the phone exactly as I outlined above earlier.

SusanC10 - did you mention to them that you would be using Tesco Tokens towards the balance when you were booking?

SusanC10 - did you mention to them that you would be using Tesco Tokens towards the balance when you were booking?

Yes and the Price increased by €50 to reflect that but that is fine as I should have approx €500 in Boost Tokens by Feb/Mar.

Sorry I misunderstood your post earlier, you can pay deposit by card or vouchers but I think you're right and you need to tell them when making the booking you will be using tesco vouchers as there is an additional charge of €20 each way for paying with them.

The prices are a bit more expensive than I hoped for mid June, we have a trailer too and it's pushing the fare up a bit.

• Advertisement

The prices are a bit more expensive than I hoped for mid June, we have a trailer too and it's pushing the fare up a bit.

We are going 3rd week in June and it's a bit more than I had hoped but being able to use the Tesco tokens will help with that.

As posted earlier, you can do this you just need to make the booking over the phone instead of online.

Yip, have done this, thanks. Well hubbie did as I haven't had a spare second. The price was approx €70 more than I had quickly seen online, but I presume this is €20 each way extra plus an over the phone booking fee. Still, it allows us to pay with tesco vouchers upto 6 weeks before we travel.

Am looking forward to it now as it'll be our first time on IF. Prices were working out cheaper for us than stena.

Does anyone one if you can send back Irish ferries boost vouchers & swap for Stena boost vouchers instead ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

After all my preparation I ended up paying €1,170 for my return sailings just now :mad:

Could have booked Stena Rosslare - Cherbourg return for €940 but the dates and times weren't good (arriving into Cherbourg at 16:30 is useless unless your destination is within 2-3 hours) so ended up IF Rosslare to Roscoff getting in at 10:30 and back on Brittany Ferries Roscoff to Cork getting in at 9:30am a day later than the Stena option would have permitted but for €1,170. I hope the fact they are more enjoyable ships than the Stena Horizon (better entertainment, food and boarding/room key process) and we'll have an extra day and a half in France will be worth the additional €230. It's done now so no point moaning about the price/buyers remorse but man I do miss 2014 when I got over and back on LD Lines and IF with cabins etc for just over €500 :eek:

After all my preparation I ended up paying €1,170 for my return sailings just now :mad:

Could have booked Stena Rosslare - Cherbourg return for €940 but the dates and times weren't good (arriving into Cherbourg at 16:30 is useless unless your destination is within 2-3 hours) so ended up IF Rosslare to Roscoff getting in at 10:30 and back on Brittany Ferries Roscoff to Cork getting in at 9:30am a day later than the Stena option would have permitted but for €1,170. I hope the fact they are more enjoyable ships than the Stena Horizon (better entertainment, food and boarding/room key process) and we'll have an extra day and a half in France will be worth the additional €230. It's done now so no point moaning about the price/buyers remorse but man I do miss 2014 when I got over and back on LD Lines and IF with cabins etc for just over €500 :eek:

I feel your pain !

My plan has gone down the toilet too - think we will sail out with Brittany on June 25 and home with Stena on July 8 ? Want to start holiday on decent ship - not too pushed how we get home - plus gives us a chance to try Brittany - supposed to be nice ?

It's going to cost €1116 but hope to use tesco boost to pay Stena so that might reduce cost by €200 - €300. It's still nearly twice what we paid last year :(

Irish ferries were most expensive this year so won't travel with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

At them prices surely landbridging it has to be more sense.

Quazzie wrote: »

I don't know ? Will Have a nearly 5 and nearly 4yr old with us - don't want to be in the car for too long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't know ? Will Have a nearly 5 and nearly 4yr old with us - don't want to be in the car for too long?

what part of france are you heading to?

IF is working out at 150 more expensive than brittany for me, however, the dates are more agreeable as I'll essentially get 2 extra days in france so I'm willing to take the hit.

• Advertisement

what part of france are you heading to?

IF is working out at 150 more expensive than brittany for me, however, the dates are more agreeable as I'll essentially get 2 extra days in france so I'm willing to take the hit.

They were €200 more for us ? €702 each way 3* 4 berth cabin - IF prices are pricey now, ship is ok but hoping Brittany will be nicer ?

We going to St. Jean des monts - Clarys plage - will ring Eurocamp tomorrow to see if we move arrival & departure a few days to save on ferry but they might not have availability ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They were €200 more for us ? €702 each way 3* 4 berth cabin - IF prices are pricey now, ship is ok but hoping Brittany will be nicer ?

We going to St. Jean des monts - Clarys plage - will ring Eurocamp tomorrow to see if we move arrival & departure a few days to save on ferry but they might not have availability ?

ive done both boats, brittany ferries have a nice ship, but they sail on a saturday, dock on a sunday, with the return trip on a friday. IF do rosslare to roscoff leaving on friday and returning on a saturday. I'm going 10 hours down, near perpignan so we'll probably break up the spin with a stop in la rochelle on the way down and in cognac on the way back. I've a 5 year old and a 3 year old so 4-6 hour stretches is about the limit of what the kids will endure. IF gives me more time at the campsite.

you'll be grand for SJDM, you'll get there in about 4 hours without breaks if you were so inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Just priced up and looks ok, we are still not 100% should we go, how long you think prices will last or should I book ASAP?

Looking to go end of May for 2 weeks....

Also I only noticed it says 3 star cabin to get a cot? If I bring my travel cot could I use in 2 start 4 bed room or should I just pay the extra?

Thanks

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Just priced up and looks ok, we are still not 100% should we go, how long you think prices will last or should I book ASAP?

Also I only noticed it says 3 star cabin to get a cot? If I bring my travel cot could I use in 2 start 4 bed room or should I just pay the extra?

Thanks

Hi

I don't know how many of you there are but we had 2* 4 berth on IF last year and I swore never again ! They are tiny ! Seriously small and beds are narrow too - You won't fit a cot anywhere - get a bigger cabin

Hi

I don't know how many of you there are but we had 2* 4 berth on IF last year and I swore never again ! They are tiny ! Seriously small and beds are narrow too - You won't fit a cot anywhere - get a bigger cabin

2 adults, 3 year old and 1 year old at the time of travelling

• Advertisement

Is the 10% discount gone? It is not coming up now when I check?

Please disregard....rang them and sorted....

Ok so IF working out at €504 with 3 star 4 bed cabin inside

Stena at €411 with 4 berth outside cabin

Main question is the Stena room big enough for everyone? It will be 2 adults, 3 year old and 1 year old in travel cot. I don't mind paying 90 quid extra to make sure we have the room on ferry. Does anyone have experience?

Stena does not seem to have a comparable room to 3 star 4 bed that IF have.....

Quazzie wrote: »

I'm heading down past Bordeaux which will take the guts of 10 hours from Roscoff with a couple of stops along the way. Land bridging would add another 6 hours driving each way to the total journey. If we were staying in northern France I'd consider it but given the length of our journey I'd have to be saving the guts of €1,000 to extend it by 2 X 6 hour segments and although the ferry/Eurotunnel cost Vs direct to Roscoff might be a saving of €600 or more when additional fuel is added in (12 hours driving fully loaded would be about €200 in my yoke) I still couldn't justify it.

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Thanks

In my experience the only difference between 2* and 3* cabins is the space between the beds and the 3* has an old portable telly. My only real gripe with IF is the smaller size of their beds Vs The Stena Horizon or Pont Avon but for one night it's not a biggie and I'm over 6 foot and almost 100kg.

2*
    - Situated above the water line on Decks 5, 6 and 8
    - En-suite, A/C, 2 beds and 2 pull down bunks
    - NOT suitable for cots
    - These cabins have a window

3*
    - Situated above the water line on Deck 5
    - Air conditioned, en-suite with 2 beds and 2 pull down bunks
    - Suitable for a cot
    - Colour TV with a choice of satellite channels
    - These cabins have a window

If you need to erect a cot you need a 3*.

• Advertisement
Advertisement