Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sirmanga wrote: »
    Well, I suppose being in any way attractive despite having been produced in part by the testicles of one of humanity's most hideous creatures, who is so frugal that it's a miracle he even parted with his sperm in the first place, could be considered a talent.

but-if-you-zcxde6.jpg

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus who pissed in sirmanga's Corn Flakes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think someone needs a visit from Yurple the Clown to cheer him up!

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I think someone needs a visit from Yurple the Clown to cheer him up!

Less lemons too :pac:

Though he's right in calling out Mick for his hypocrisy, dragging Noelle into it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mick was a handsome dude before he started getting involved with barbed wire, thumbtacks, steel chairs and death-matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would hope HHH, at least, tried to convince Vince that The Viking Experience was a crap name. If they didn't want to say "War" they could have at least called them Viking Raiders, though then as someone said elsewhere, they probably didn't want to be accused of stealing a NFL name. And then changing the 2 guys' names as well? WTF?
    And looks like Eric Young is going to be buried more than he already was. He, Roode and EC3 are casualties of Impact.

Of course I just decided Bayley/Naomi can just be named Team Booty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Black got his creaky board and now Ricochet has pew pew lazers that sound like it has ricocheted (do you get it? do you see the link? do you?) off something...

https://streamable.com/0skz0

They over-produce everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ricochet has pew pew lazers

So other people heard those too? Just accepted I was losing my marbles since there's no way they'd add such a stupid thing

Maybe they got them from the one true Rick O'Shea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jesus who pissed in sirmanga's Corn Flakes :pac:

That’s his gimmick he’s angry at everything WWE but still continues to watch it and read about it.

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s his gimmick he’s angry at everything WWE but still continues to watch it and read about it.

Could say that about everyone here and how peeved we get with WWE.

You're exposing the business, Loughc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Black got his creaky board and now Ricochet has pew pew lazers that sound like it has ricocheted (do you get it? do you see the link? do you?) off something...

https://streamable.com/0skz0

please tell me this is a joke video that someone made.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You're exposing the business, Loughc.

Kayfabe is dead brother :pac:

Yep.

w7hkdk.jpg

• Advertisement

Hmm, she only has one belt there

I remember that really annoying me when they first did it. Now I don't mind it.

I suppose I'll come around to creaky Aleister, pew pew Ricochet and The Viking Experience in the end too.

The Viking Experience sounds more like the name of a tribute act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,364 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Viking Experience sounds more like the name of a tribute act.

The Viking experience is one of the worst names I've ever heard. I wouldn't mind if it was a team from nxt that wasn't that featured and they rebranded them and brought them up to the main roster, but they've changed the name of the ****ing nxt tag champs less than two weeks after they were on a takeover on worldwide PPV on the biggest weekend the company has in the year. One of the McMahon family needs to have an intervention with vince and change the locks on his house and lock him in there. He's 73 I think. Whatever good ideas he used to have are long gone.

I wonder how Vince running the show is thought of at a more corporate level

Stupid name changes on their own aren't going to be his downfall, but I wonder how bad does he get before control can be taken off him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I haven't watched this week & just came in here to see the reaction to the The Viking Experience... but pew pew Ricochet :pac:

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I wonder how Vince running the show is thought of at a more corporate level

Stupid name changes on their own aren't going to be his downfall, but I wonder how bad does he get before control can be taken off him
    I'd say Triple H aside nobody at corporate level cares about anything but making money for the company and themselves. Until WWE start losing big money nothing will change imo. That will not happen for a very long time if ever. Vince is crazy, he will be 74 this year, he adds bringing the XFL back to his workload and he will still be at every writer meeting to have final say on all things creative for the wrestling shows. The quality of the shows will get a lot worse I think, the man just can't let anyone else have final say on almost anything. (NXT aside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Autecher wrote: »
    I'd say Triple H aside nobody at corporate level cares about anything but making money for the company and themselves. Until WWE start losing big money nothing will change imo. That will not happen for a very long time if ever. Vince is crazy, he will be 74 this year, he adds bringing the XFL back to his workload and he will still be at every writer meeting to have final say on all things creative for the wrestling shows. The quality of the shows will get a lot worse I think, the man just can't let anyone else have final say on almost anything. (NXT aside)

Vince is a workaholic and I reckon he's the devils spawn or inhuman. Add his intense daily workouts too

ERG89 wrote: »
    Vince likely had to be talked out of calling them The Junior Berzerkers :P

Close enough, ffs Vince

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/125793/the-original-name-for-the-viking-experience-was.html?p=1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Vince is a workaholic and I reckon he's the devils spawn or inhuman. Add his intense daily workouts too

His mother is still kicking at 97 too so there is some long lasting genes in him. He'll still be taking bumps at 90.

His mother is still kicking at 97 too so there is some long lasting genes in him. He'll still be taking bumps at 90.

Being super kicked by one of Hunter & Steph's daughters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Being super kicked by one of Hunter & Steph's daughters?

And one of Shane’s son hitting shooting star press

Andrade and Vega are rumoured to be sent back to Smackdown, Black will join them but I'm not sure he was on Raw if any moves are set in stone anyway

I can only imagine as with almost everything else these days that who was being sent where was decided the day before or the day of, makes sense that they're only figuring out if things work out

I hope Elias goes back to Raw, there's room on a 3 hour show for him, there's little to none on a 3 hour show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The mvp star of Raw surely now is AJ's hair :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ERG89 wrote: »
    Andrade and Vega are rumoured to be sent back to Smackdown, Black will join them but I'm not sure he was on Raw if any moves are set in stone anyway

Mentioned in the other thread but Cesaro moves the other way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mentioned in the other thread but Cesaro moves the other way too.

So the Bar are still going to be a thing? Ugh.

As per WWE.com, someone had some cop on. Viking Experience are now the Viking Raiders.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As per WWE.com, someone had some cop on. Viking Experience are now the Viking Raiders.

I still feel they should be part of this :p

36754-viking-splash-tours-dublin-08.jpg?mode=crop&width=1680&height=940

War Raiders still sounds way better but at least it's a compromise.

Viking raiders. Meh but way better. Why not call them the Vikings ???

Happy with Black/Andride and Vega going too SD as they might be in Dublin now. They obv will get in another rivalry but will they acknowledge Black and Vega are actually married ??? On Road Trip they sort of did with Vega on the phone too Black while travelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Viking Raiders has me thinking NFL all the way not wrestling.

2x triple threat matches with 2 winners facing each other and winner faces Rollins at MITB for the title

Rey vs Styles vs Joe
    Miz vs Drew vs Corbin

The first one looks tasty

Styles/Miz or Drew for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What's more pointless than the opening segment being used to set up matches later on the show?
    - Announcing the matches first, then going ahead with the segment anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yep, what a waste of 20 minutes. And none of those badly scripted promos sold either of the matches

Robert Rude Roode could be a ravishing push for him :p

Bring back Traci Brooks as his assistant and have him torment poor Eric Young.

If I had a week, I still couldn't explain or try to make head or tail of Bray Wyatt's new shtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

For those watching on Sky... they didn't show a Bray Wyatt bit - The Firefly Fun House! I haven't seen the whole thing, and Twitter hates it, but from the one minute bit I've seen I'm definitely intrigued. Not just same old Bray anyway!!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    For those watching on Sky... they didn't show a Bray Wyatt bit - The Firefly Fun House! I haven't seen the whole thing, and Twitter hates it, but from the one minute bit I've seen I'm definitely intrigued. Not just same old Bray anyway!!

Twitter is super fickle. Give it time and people will come around to it. I kept getting a Blues Clues vibe from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I quite liked the Wyatt thing and how much weight h has he lost, he looks great

Bob.., I mean Robert Roode looks like an older Joey Ryan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Becky calling Evans an absolute plank was gas.

The wyatt segment was interesting.

If I had a week, I still couldn't explain or try to make head or tail of Bray Wyatt's new shtick.

I loved it. And knew Twitter would hate it.

At first, I thought wwe were savaging him.

But it’s the last line that sold it.

It’s still a creepy cult leader gimmick. Only it’s a bit more subtle now. When he said “all you have to do is let....me....in”.

That was THE most important part of that segment. My take is he’s aiming for one of those cults that look all gooey chocolate and rainbows, but once he’s wormed his way into your life, via. A message of peace, he’ll be a manipulative terror.

Now, maybe that’s me reading too much into it. But that’s the vibe I got. It’s the undertone. But sometimes wrestling fans don’t like having to read between the lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I always liked the bray wyatt creepy character, i felt they just never got behind him with a proper push, and i dont hold out much hope of them getting behind him again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement