Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Got one of these OS3 units. Still trying to figure it out but looks good so far. Bit of a steep learning curve with it and it came with no manual. anyone know how to go about getting all the saorview channels and the Freesat UK channels onto the one EPG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Well fcuk ye any way, content ish with my amiko alien, now I'm feeling like spending €250 euro on a new box.
    Just one question, will it cook my breakfast in the morning!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

What images are available for this? Will be getting one soon most likely. I like my hyperion image on my alien 2. Wasn't a fan of open atv on the alien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Old Jim wrote: »
    Got one of these OS3 units. Still trying to figure it out but looks good so far. Bit of a steep learning curve with it and it came with no manual. anyone know how to go about getting all the saorview channels and the Freesat UK channels onto the one EPG?

You can add whatever channels you like into one Bouquet, I have them all added to the Favourites. From memory, if you highlight the channel in the epg and hit the menu button it will give you an option to add the channel to a particular bouquet. Once they are added as you like then you can just set the epg to display the favourites.

An easier way would be to load up the webif on the computer/laptop and edit them from there. If you type the Optimus IP into your web browser it should bring up the webif page automatically as long as you have the webif plugin set up on the Optimus and that they are connected to the same network.

Hope this helps. At work and trying picture this from memory.

superg wrote: »
    What images are available for this? Will be getting one soon most likely. I like my hyperion image on my alien 2. Wasn't a fan of open atv on the alien.

Only the Openatv as far as I know, haven't found another image for it as yet and to be honest I don't fell the need to as Openatv runs very well on it.

I have read through the alien2 thread which seems to have various problems with different images and was part of the reason for going with the OS3 which has worked straight out of the box. I have run the Openatv auto update every evening since having this box and the only issue was when there was a problem picking up the saorview and that was rectified a few hours later.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Well fcuk ye any way, content ish with my amiko alien, now I'm feeling like spending €250 euro on a new box.

Go on, you know you are going to anyway.;)

Have a wdtvlive setup in another room which has a hard drive attached to it for watching movies and music etc, scanned the network with the OS3 which picked it up no problem and was able to stream the movies from it through the OS3 which might be of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

THE ALM wrote: »
    Have a wdtvlive setup in another room which has a hard drive attached to it for watching movies and music etc, scanned the network with the OS3 which picked it up no problem and was able to stream the movies from it through the OS3 which might be of interest.

Does that mean if there is a NAS on the network the OS3 will stream the content a la XBMC? Will it play a wide range of file formats? Being able to stream from a NAS in even a basic folder/file type manner would be a Brucie Bonus.

BenEadir wrote: »
    Does that mean if there is a NAS on the network the OS3 will stream the content a la XBMC? Will it play a wide range of file formats? Being able to stream from a NAS in even a basic folder/file type manner would be a Brucie Bonus.

I would think this would be easily achievable and a NAS will be next up on the purchase list when funds allow, have too many hard drives, usb sticks etc laying around and will be nice to have it all on one box. There are numerous network options/protocols set up on the box so don't see a problem.

The wdtv was connected through wifi although I will maybe look to add powerline adapters. Streaming using kodi direct through wifi can be a bit stuttery and I general download and watch back then, the adapters would help out here also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Yeah, this should be pretty easy. If you press the up arrow on the remote and then hit the blue button (favourites) Scroll down to the saorview channel you want to move and hit menu. It should list a few different options, what you select is add to service. Then you just select whichever location you want the channel to be in.

If this isn't clear just let me know. It sounds more complicated than it actually is :)

hahaha, sorry!! :D

I am in the same boat now, I bought the Edision OS for my brother and now I want to change from the Amiko to this box. Was perfectly happy with the Amiko, but now that I have seen how good enigma2 can be on a decent mips box I want to upgrade.

I have run the Openatv auto update every evening.

I am new to the Open ATV images, where is the auto update for it?

Only the Openatv as far as I know, haven't found another image for it as yet and to be honest I don't fell the need to as Openatv runs very well on it.

I have read through the alien2 thread which seems to have various problems with different images and was part of the reason for going with the OS3 which has worked straight out of the box. I have run the Openatv auto update every evening since having this box and the only issue was when there was a problem picking up the saorview and that was rectified a few hours later.

Cheers mate. Order placed :D

I have a NAS on my network and I can do this with the amiko too. It picked it up and was able to play files from it. Nice that this box can do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I think you need the open-webif plugin installed, it was already installed in the build I used. Then find the IP of the box on your network which you can enter into the address bar of a web browser and will open the web interface (webif) in which there's an easy to use boquet editor. There's a handy thread that lists the available channels which for reference to quickly find and select the available ones, you don't need to worry about their tuning details.

BenEadir wrote: »

I have a NAS and the the OS3 connected directly to the router. The standard media player plugin can stream directly from the NAS, there's a KODI Direct plugin too but I haven't tried that out as a streaming client yet.

• Advertisement

I'm new to this whole enigma2 thing and have been playing around with devices on the combined OS3 / NAS setup, particularly recording straight from the OS3 to the NAS and viewing the recordings on mobile devices.

The recordings are given a .ts extension, browsing to a .TS file on the NAS using the WD MyCloud app allows the recording to be streamed directly on my Nexus9 which is pretty cool even if there is no control over the playback apart from play and pause, i.e. no fast forward or rewind

So far however, I've tried 2 other android tablets and an android phone, all with the same Video Ultimate HD app that does the playback on the Nexus9 but no streaming. All will play back the files if you download the full file to the device, which is ok but was disappointing after having streamed directly to the Nexus9 :( maybe I need to upgrade all the other devices to lollypop and see if that makes the difference

reaper12 wrote: »
    I am new to the Open ATV images, where is the auto update for it?

Maybe auto is the wrong word but if you hit the blue button and highlight software on the left column then software update should appear on the right. When you hit this it will scan for all the updates available, hit OK to download them and OK to reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Has anybody tried out the Kodi Direct channel on this box? If so can you describe how it works? For instance is it a streaming service from your local network files or does it provide access to the usual streaming services from Kodi?

I got rid of my Amiko Alien 3 last year as I got sick of flashing it every other week. This looks tempting though. Anyone want to buy an Amiko A3??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Irreverent wrote: »
    I got rid of my Amiko Alien 3 last year as I got sick of flashing it every other week. This looks tempting though. Anyone want to buy an Amiko A3??

Not the greatest sales pitch I ever read :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Don't you mean the Alien 2? The Alien 3 is single tuner and runs Android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Yeah sorry. Mixing up my boxes. Affliction of the early adopter ☺︠Got rid of Alien 2. Bought A3 which in fairness is great for Kodi etc but is only single tuner and is a bit limited. Definitely going to flog that now and get the Optimuss.

Has anybody tried out the Kodi Direct channel on this box? If so can you describe how it works? For instance is it a streaming service from your local network files or does it provide access to the usual streaming services from Kodi?

Supplies usual streaming services from kodi, might not have the full range as the stand alone kodi but has the main ones that most people look for.

Expensive to me at €250, if used solely as a tv box, have android boxes on all tv, still worth the bobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I have this new box and I'm very disappointed with the kodi plugin, I've averaged it at 7 minutes loading to get it to play the movie that I want and more often than not it doesn't work. T.s media is the same.
    I've tested my b.b. speed and its not the issue, I don't have it connected by wifi so its not a wifi issue. honestly my amiko alien is faster on that side of things.
    the only advantages im seeing right now is faster boot up times.
    surely im missing something here

Got mine, well happy with it. Seems a lot faster for me on things, I only use it for TV and the epg is much quicker at popping up which was a big thing for me with the Alien.

I hate the skin though, any simple sky skins around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I hate the skin though, any simple sky skins around?

Is the Blue HD skin by Rossi in the feeds ,thats a good one.

I got the Box today. Very fast compared to the Amiko Alien 2.

The Kodi direct is pure Sh**e. Thought it was Kodi, but it's nothing even resembling Kodi !

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is the Blue HD skin by Rossi in the feeds ,thats a good one.

It is but I can't seem to find a way to load it. After I install it from the install plugins menu, go to the skins menu in the display options the only skin that shows up is the default one so I can't select anything else. It's definitely installed because if i go to remove plugins it shows up in the installed list.

Figured it out. I was in the wrong skin menu. It's the myriad of menus that gets you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

There's so many menus , I haven't even found the way to access recordings that I've made. Any clues?

• Advertisement

Yeah there are far too many menus I completely agree.

Is there a H4 image for this box yet ?

I'm getting problems with the EPG , I get a "time out for tuner lock" error when I try download the EPG data. Any ideas ?

There's so many menus , I haven't even found the way to access recordings that I've made. Any clues?

If I hit the play button on the bottom of the remote it will bring up the recordings which I have stored on the internal hard drive. It will allow you to change directories in case you have them saved somewhere else.

Kalyke wrote: »
    freetv.ie states "It does not have an RF out i.e. it is not possible to run the picture to an additional room ", but the quick user guide shows an rf out. Am I missing something? . http://www.freetv.ie/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=441

You don't need RF out, what you do is buy the Odroid C1

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/odroid-c1-quad-core-computer

Case

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/odroid-c1-case

EMMC memory with Android installed. Or use the much slower Micro SD card.

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/16gb-emmc-module-c1-linux

Power supply

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/odroid-power-supply

Remote

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/odroid-ir-remote

WiFi, or wire to router with cat 6.

http://www.lilliputdirect.com/odroid-wifi-module-3

You can purchase the "DroidMote" Server app to use remote control via android phone, tablet etc , Android wasn't designed to be used with a remote so this app can be used as a mouse/remote, works brilliantly. Download the "DroidMote" client to the phone/tablet you want to use as the actual remote control/mouse.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videomap.droidmoteserver

You then install XBMC now knows as Kodi, install the enigma 2 plug in and you can stream to your android Odroid C1 which is much, much faster than the Raspberry Pi, the Pie II is now available but the Odrod is faster.

You can also install Vu+ app on your android and stream to tablet.

Or BlackBox Pro for Ipad, this app is brilliant and works best on Ipad Air.

http://www.rotapp.com/app/blackbox/

This all allows you to look at one channel while recording another or two people to look at 2 different channels at the same time.

Press the list button on the remote brings them up.

Yeah there are far too many menus I completely agree.

Is there a H4 image for this box yet ?

I'm getting problems with the EPG , I get a "time out for tuner lock" error when I try download the EPG data. Any ideas ?

I got that error yesterday when I had only one sat feed connected. when i connected the two feeds the problem went away.

I got that error yesterday when I had only one sat feed connected. when i connected the two feeds the problem went away.

Yep I read that that's why I checked! :D

All sat feeds ok.

I re-imaged and same problem, "tuner lock out failed" so won't pull the EPG data.

I re-imaged via the update tool on the box itself so might try it from USB.

Both satellite feeds are fine, when I go to the signal test tuner A+B get a signal but when I have one cable disconnected tuner A shows no signal despite having the Sat feed attached ?

I've the tuners set up so that B = A ?

Lads, would you recommend spending the extra bobs, even if just used as a tv only box??

Is the media player plugin working for everyone? It crashes my box everytime I try to open it.

• Advertisement

Lads, would you recommend spending the extra bobs, even if just used as a tv only box??

I would anyway but its all relative, you have to have the few bob :D. I like the Alien 2 but the slow EPG did my head in. This one opens way quicker so worth it for that alone in my book.

This is driving me nuts now, flashed with pistolpetes11 image and still the same, "timeout for tuner lock" message.

I checked both satellite feeds and they're working fine.

So I can't runscan Autoboquets or update EPG.

Dud box ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Here you go lads another image to play around with Open Droid 4.3 7/3/2015

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos1/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos2plus/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos3plus/

And there a member of the the OE-Alliance team .

Has anyone got any idea why I can't get rid of the tuner lock error message when I dry update CoolEPG or Autobouquets ?

When I press the media button on the remote it says media center plugin not installed. Theres no plugin called mediacenter listed for download. Anyone know which one it is and where I'll get it?

EDIT:- I changed the button to open the media player I do have installed so Ignore.

This is driving me nuts now, flashed with pistolpetes11 image and still the same, "timeout for tuner lock" message.

I checked both satellite feeds and they're working fine.

So I can't runscan Autoboquets or update EPG.

Dud box ?

This might help- http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29578-Time-out-for-tuner-lock

Are you getting a signal to both tuners?

• Advertisement

Here you go lads another image to play around with Open Droid 4.3 7/3/2015

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos1/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos2plus/

http://droidsat.org/image/index.php?dir=optimussos3plus/

And there a member of the the OE-Alliance team .

Anybody try it out yet? Don't want to go messing when I have it running ok as is although I am tempted!

This might help- http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29578-Time-out-for-tuner-lock

Are you getting a signal to both tuners?

I have signal on both sat feeds.

The sat finder says I've signal on both tuners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I would anyway but its all relative, you have to have the few bob :D. I like the Alien 2 but the slow EPG did my head in. This one opens way quicker so worth it for that alone in my book.

By slow epg you mean loading Cooltv guide when you press the epg button ?
    It can take 2-3 seconds to load on the Alien 2

It can take much longer too !

There is no comparison between the Amiko Alien 2 and the Optimuss OS 3 + for speed.

I haven't found any lag at all, not even streaming to the Ipad while fiddling around with the box settings.

Playing recorded material is also much much faster, starts to play a lot faster. The Amiko used to hang for a long time sometimes before a recording would actually play, this is not the case with the Optimuss 3+.

However I can't get the EPG to download or Autobouquets to work, but will play around with it again when I get time.

By slow epg you mean loading Cooltv guide when you press the epg button ?

Yeah,It was taking far longer than that on mine, regardless of image. It's much quicker on this box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement