Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Audiophiles' Lounge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

ED E wrote: »
    I made a custom little unit that goes under my monitors(wall mounted, and screens not speakers :p ) that'd be a perfect home for the e10.

Dont have the cash but very tempted to hit buy on that :rolleyes:

Just cut back on frivolities (food, heat, etc) for a bit & you'll be grand. You just have to prioritise the important things sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Got myself a nice little portable amp. C&C BH. New LOD should be there when I get home. All I need now are some top tier cans and I'll be finished for awhile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

marko93 wrote: »
    Got myself a nice little portable amp. C&C BH. New LOD should be there when I get home. All I need now are some top tier cans and I'll be finished for awhile :D

Grab me a pair while you're at it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Brian wrote: »

that looks the biz. did you get it with a group buy?

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    that looks the biz. did you get it with a group buy?

Bought this deal and used Parcel motel. Hasn't shipped yet though.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Mentioned these in another thread but more suited here... the AKG K3003 earphones - £999.99!

I love what this guy had to say about them on head-fi, it makes me want to save up for however long it takes!
    Transparency:

I think this is where the K3003 shine the most, It was able to provide layers and separation in all notes, not too many IEMs can do that specially at the low frequencies, other IEMs tend to sound distorted when a set of bass level instruments are produced simultaneously, with the K3003 the lows from drums, bass guitar, and rhythm guitar are significantly heard separately. The mids and highs are like that as well.

Imaging:

The presentation is simply amazing, you can close your eyes and imagine where the band is playing whether the music was produce to sound as if you were in a bar with a small stage or a large concert stadium.

Soundstage:

The largest I've heard on any universal IEM.

Sound Signature:

Very very very natural, very similar to Beyerdynamic T1 which is my favorite full sized headphones. Everything you will hear in K3003 is very real, the drum hits are just unbelievable, the guitar strings sound as if you're the one playing them, you can even hear the singer's lips open. I am not exaggerating this.
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k3003/reviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/akg-k3003_Headphones_review

akg_k3003_zps54fdaf6e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

2013-02-12%2011.56.56.jpg

Just got some Schiit in the post, waiting for it to warm up now.

well is it hot enough yet? i want a 12 page report on my desk in the morning!:D

At the start there was a lot of humming and lots of random noise (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1607850/headphonenoise.m4a)
    I turned it off for a few hours and back on and its all sounding good now.
    The sound from the Lyr/Bifrost is a lot more refined and mellow than the E17 I was using.
    I think its probably a bit of an overkill setup for the HE400's, but at least I shouldn't need to upgrade again :D

• Advertisement

PPC wrote: »
    At the start there was a lot of humming and lots of random noise (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1607850/headphonenoise.m4a)
    I turned it off for a few hours and back on and its all sounding good now.
    The sound from the Lyr/Bifrost is a lot more refined and mellow than the E17 I was using.
    I think its probably a bit of an overkill setup for the HE400's, but at least I shouldn't need to upgrade again :D

How much was it altogether with customs?

I'm incredibly jealous.

Morf wrote: »
    How much was it altogether with customs?

I'm incredibly jealous.

Too much, could have bought another E17 with the customs for the stuff from schiit.com

Picked up the headphones from http://www.madooma.com/shopHP/neu_hifiman/HiFiMAN_HE-400_magnetostatischer_Hi-End_Kopfhoerer_HE400_e.html

I kinda work in this industry and have had the pleasure of getting my hands on a set of the AKG Q701 headphones for a test run, trying them out tonight and must say I am very impressed - I think I already prefer them to my much loved HD650s!

Anyone else own or tried these? Not sure who the below guys are but they certainly gave a good review...

http://www.headphoneinfo.com/content/AKG-Q701-Open-back-Over-ear-Headphone-Review.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Just got some Schiit in the post, waiting for it to warm up now.

Can I ask who you purchased them off?

Trying to decide if I should buy direct or via the UK

lads anyone interested in a very important part of the system that we normally neglect? this thing

http://blog.wanken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Eames-Lounge-Chair-and-Ottoman.jpeg

i was thinking of getting a super comfortable and stylish chair, seen these for around 1200 sterling

but if we could organise a group buy of at least 5 then i could get them for 500 euro each.

thats seriously cheap for one of these, anyone interested?

limnam wrote: »
    Can I ask who you purchased them off?

Trying to decide if I should buy direct or via the UK

I just bought direct from Schiit.com, I think I paid about 950 in the end.

Trying to get my hands on a pair of the J$ pads for my HE-400s. Velours are just a bit too shallow and itchy for me.

I just bought direct from Schiit.com, I think I paid about 950 in the end.

Schiit!

Brian wrote: »
    Trying to get my hands on a pair of the J$ pads for my HE-400s. Velours are just a bit too shallow and itchy for me.

I have Denon J$'s for my Ultrasone's. They're nice but very thick, but they put you in the sweet spot for sound.
    Do you know if the Beyer J$'s affect the sound much on the HE400s?

They improve the sound according to some. Pad modifications are a big deal on the HE-400s it seems.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013

Might try some of those mods with my pleathers this weekend.

• Advertisement

Don't suppose anyone in here owns the Sony MDR- V6s?

Selling the Denons AH-D1100 due to excessive bass for my tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I bought the Pioneer HDJ-2000's for use in the club, mostly due to comfort and a really wide frequency response. However in the last while I've been using them to listen to music at home, or for studio production, and I have to say they went unappreciated in the club! They are a very nice headphone, with a really tight low end response. They're particularly good for electronica stuff, the new Amon Tobin album really comes alive on them and you catch a lot of tricks you'd miss on your monitors. Defo recommended.

Wassup J$ pads

zO0tf6Ol.jpg

tumblr_lx4gg6Ftww1qb9h9jo1_400.gif

u26s2wGl.jpg

Found they made much of a difference to the sound?
    I like how they sound with the velour cups, but they're a bit too hard.

Yep, more presence in upper mids (female vocals). Half as thick again as the velours and gorgeously soft. Highly recommended. YguyG on head-fi sells 'em, was $25 + 9.50.

Fidelio X1 review from Tyll.

They look amazing, but with a £270 price tag on Amazon would rather HE400s.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The L1's are fairly awesome, and they're only semi-open...would love to listen to the x1's but there's not a chance that i'd buy them with the L1's on my wall.

The L1's are fairly awesome, and they're only semi-open...would love to listen to the x1's but there's not a chance that i'd buy them with the L1's on my wall.

Well you can donate the L1's to me and buy the X1's! Problem solved :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭micks_address

Emo

Thats a sweet looking chair.. where can i get one : )

I think i sold you a pair of sennheiser ie8is a few years back?

Cheers,
    Mick
    emo72 wrote: »
    lads anyone interested in a very important part of the system that we normally neglect? this thing

http://blog.wanken.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Eames-Lounge-Chair-and-Ottoman.jpeg

i was thinking of getting a super comfortable and stylish chair, seen these for around 1200 sterling

but if we could organise a group buy of at least 5 then i could get them for 500 euro each.

thats seriously cheap for one of these, anyone interested?

Emo

Thats a sweet looking chair.. where can i get one : )

I think i sold you a pair of sennheiser ie8is a few years back?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Hi Mick, of course I remember you well. Alas they are all gone. However because I'm in the furniture game I can get good chairs cheap. Looking for a decent chair for my room myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

She's not pretty, but she functions.

943327_3109423872686_1216881144_n.jpg

Old pair of CX300II's. Now to find some correctly fitting buds, sound terrible with badly fitting buds.

CX-300s are not permitted in the audiophiles' lounge. I'll have the bouncers frisk you harder next time.

• Advertisement

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin selling HD800s?
    Getting upgraditis and would like to audition them.

Try visiting Sennheiser HQ in Offaly :p

Not a bad idea! Sennheiser Ireland seem to have a center just up the road in Ballymount, might try there. Thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not a bad idea! Sennheiser Ireland seem to have a center just up the road in Ballymount, might try there. Thanks!

You know you have to let us know how you get on riiiiight :pac:

Looks like Cloney Audio are the only place that I could audition them in Dublin.
    I may have to purchase without trying them first :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Looks like Cloney Audio are the only place that I could audition them in Dublin.
    I may have to purchase without trying them first :(

Are you not able to make it to Cloney Audio? That's a serious amount of money to spend without hearing them. Also they're suppose to be very hard to drive and picky about their amp partner.

Anyone here be interested in doing a blog on a website I'm involved in? Looking for people to blog on technology so would love someone passionate to talk about all things audio. PM if interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got HD 595.

For €20.

:pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Got HD 595.

For €20.

:pac:

WHAT? WHERE? D:

WHAT? WHERE? D:

That.

WHAT? WHERE? D:
    Broken & secondhand.

My fingers are now covered in glue, but it was worth it.

Broken & secondhand.

My fingers are now covered in glue, but it was worth it.

Dayuuum. Presumably just broken aesthetics? Drives good?

Dayuuum. Presumably just broken aesthetics? Drives good?
    Yeah, the headband cracked completely; everything else was gravy.

Yeah, the headband cracked completely; everything else was gravy.

Sweeeet! Enjoy ^_^

Edit: Found it :P

DOUBLE EDIT: Just ordered some JVC S500s. Hope they live up to all that praise they get. Just have to wait patiently now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement