Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Stock Checker - CheckArgos.com (Jul 15 - Preview of new site now avaialbe)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dec_

Brilliant.Works Great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Great idea and very well done. Welcome to my bookmarks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Looks great.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Book marked, will make Xmas shopping a lot easier, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Have it bookmarked,works well on opera mini & stock browser on HTC Desire,will make checking argos so much easier .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

well done, great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Looks even better than I thought it would, thanks for the great effort you have all put into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great job... really useful site.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

this is a really usefull item, credit where its due.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Just going through xmas shopping list for santa (yes, scarily early) and its so much easier and quicker with your site, massive thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Good job man!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Great website, very useful. if you can a search engine plugin for Firefox will be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There is a sizable delay on the 3 Cork stores. I don't know whether that is a coding problem or whether it is on Argos' end, but I said I'd inform you on it. Delay is about 15 seconds after the last of the other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Jackobyte wrote: »
    There is a sizable delay on the 3 Cork stores. I don't know whether that is a coding problem or whether it is on Argos' end, but I said I'd inform you on it. Delay is about 15 seconds after the last of the other stores.

Not seeing that problem here, must have been a problem on Argos' end.

Cheers witnessmenow great service and shows what a mockery some of Argos' special offers are with virtually no stock anywhere.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hope witnessmenow doesn't mind me interruping his thread but no point in starting a new one for it. Spent a few hours playing around with some mobile development last night and made this!

photo_7.png
    Argos Stock Checker

It's in early stages but should work on all mobile devices (although can't test all scenarios). I've it tested on an iPhone 3GS and iPad 1st Gen and it works fine.

It works best after it's loaded that you 'Add it to Home Screen' as it can then be loaded full-screen from the iPhone menu from then on.

Gonna continue development on it so keep checking it every so often - have a couple of big plans for it!

Maybe if witnessmenow is interested - it's something we can implement into his site. Don't mind anyways!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Link not working basq..

copacetic wrote: »
    Link not working basq..
    Apologies - fixed!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Looks good, nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good job, Brian... works great!

If I was to make one suggestion, I'd display the name of the product somewhere on the search results screen (just for sanity check).

Mr E wrote: »
    If I was to make one suggestion, I'd display the name of the product somewhere on the search results screen (just for sanity check).
    Yeah, that was the next thing that was planned alright.

The lack of space on mobile devices is always an annoyance with me but I'll jam in the product name and image somewhere maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Excellent stuff, thanks. I will make good use of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Really sharp on the I-device Basq, well done ( to you both ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Good work lads. I'll check the mobile one out on the iPod touch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Basq wrote: »
    Hope witnessmenow doesn't mind me interruping his thread but no point in starting a new one for it. Spent a few hours playing around with some mobile development last night and made this!

photo_7.png
    Argos Stock Checker

It's in early stages but should work on all mobile devices (although can't test all scenarios). I've it tested on an iPhone 3GS and iPad 1st Gen and it works fine.

It works best after it's loaded that you 'Add it to Home Screen' as it can then be loaded full-screen from the iPhone menu from then on.

Gonna continue development on it so keep checking it every so often - have a couple of big plans for it!

Maybe if witnessmenow is interested - it's something we can implement into his site. Don't mind anyways!

Looks great - will it work with a TouchPad?

rco2000 wrote: »
    Looks great - will it work with a TouchPad?
    Don't have one, so can't check! * :(

I presume it should though.

* it's a sore point!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Don't have one, so can't check! * :(

I presume it should though.

* it's a sore point!

;)sorry about the TP reminder - I once suffered from the pain of not having a fire sale TP.

Will try it out later & revert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks for the apps. will save loads of time. Could you also check the "castlebar" store, the app is saying 1 available for a few items, but argos themsevles are saying out of stock!

syboit wrote: »
    thanks for the apps. will save loads of time. Could you also check the "castlebar" store, the app is saying 1 available for a few items, but argos themsevles are saying out of stock!
    Can you PM me the catalogue number when you've a chance?

EDIT: Or just put the catalogue number here actually. No reason to PM it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 txema

Works brilliantly on Android too.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Can you PM me the catalogue number when you've a chance?

EDIT: Or just put the catalogue number here actually. No reason to PM it.

thanks, here's the number, 388/2816

Advertisement