Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPACs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Jim Cramer on Mad Money this evening plugged both IPOE (SoFi) and Lion Electric (NGA).

He also gave a hilarious list of mostly post-merger ****e, but may explain some movement on the following

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

AACQ
    Interesting one, Origin materials have few big clients
    DYOR

plasmin wrote: »
    AACQ
    Interesting one, Origin materials have few big clients
    DYOR

It had a fairly rough ride but its a good company; ESG space is getting a bit of a battering lately. Keep an eye on SOAC which is rumoured to be DeepGreenMetals if you like those plays, and ESG Core as Europe’s First ESG SPAC which listed recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I wonder are we at or past the point where there are far more spac's than there is companies for them to invest in? If that is the case then it's really down to the people behind the spac.
    Also am I wrong, but the warrants for some of these spacs look very cheap. Is there a catch to them?

I wonder are we at or past the point where there are far more spac's than there is companies for them to invest in? If that is the case then it's really down to the people behind the spac.
    Also am I wrong, but the warrants for some of these spacs look very cheap. Is there a catch to them?

Yep and Nope. There were 3 hot sectors getting all the attention prior to start of February, and you could basically throw a dart and get a 20% pop. Now with everything back to near-NAV pre-rumour it seems to be the case of looking really carefully at the strongest domain knowledge oriented management teams with M&A experience, and rotating into SPACs that have just had a serial filing.

So sectors like Med-devices, BioPharm, Cybersecurity and ESG are probably the better plays at the moment. FinTech conversely is trading sideways, but there's a number of great post-DA companies there that are worth holding long - Payoneer chief amongst them.

As for warrants, spoke about these before - there's a massive disconnect between commons and warrants, and particularly buying units and splitting them. The big money is made from flipping warrants atm around the 2-2.50$ mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I think it's become more difficult to get good returns on SPAC's without market access. I've had a few that the announcements came out of hours, they popped out of hours and it was down by the time the market opened. I'm particularly annoyed by SOAC in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Bad day for FRX and CCIV. Anyone else still holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Still holding FRX. Got in near NAV so will prob hold out.

It's the only SPAC I'm in. Can somebody explain the difference in a SPAC that's pre announced as a merger like FRX and one that's just rumour like CCIV?

Also, what happens when the new company is announced and the SP is below $10?

Is there any good reading I could do on warrants, calls, units etc? Some interesting chat in this thread on these topics, I'd like to learn more on it.

buyer95 wrote: »

To be fair I think it was a bad day for almost everything in the market that has been doing well the last year or so. I'm keeping an eye on CCIV for a reentry myself. Although I only really want to pay what I did the first time around which is in the teen's. Not sure it will drop that far but if it does I'm going back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

buyer95 wrote: »

Stupidly still holding CCIV, vaguely hoping it gets back to 30 so I can get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

crushproof wrote: »
    Stupidly still holding CCIV, vaguely hoping it gets back to 30 so I can get out.

Also holding CCIV from 13 but a low amount. I am going to let it roll and see where Lucid goes.

crushproof wrote: »

Wouldn't say stupidly. Truthfully all growth stocks are well down and this could rebound. It's unlikely however with the chip shortage, Nio/Tesla declines and the 15 dollar pipe. I suspect people may be waiting for it to get to closer to 15. Which it may never do though. Something about the pipe investors getting such a sweet deal really annoys me, even though I'm aware it's a part of SPAC's. I think it is one part that may have to be removed if they ever want to run again.

I got absolutely ****ed out of it when I pleaded a bit of caution re:FRX in the main share picks thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116394805&postcount=4787
    In short though, stay the **** away from PSTH and anything that's spiking sentiment on Reddit or via Alex Cutler in the near-future. FRX is going to have a lot of bagholders yet imo. You wanna play SPACs as opposed to sentiment, go in near-NAV like you're supposed to and DYOR on emergent sectors - most people throwing money at CCIV are doing so with a GME/AMC/NOK sentiment and are late to the party.
    While you harp on about this and that some of us are making money. We made money before your analysis and chances are we would do the same if you went back to twitter. You seem to have elected yourself as the saviour of us SPAC holders. It's ridiculous.

I see a lot of mentions re: FUBO atm in a similar vein. Just be aware that this has been plugged for the last 6 weeks by Mr.Zach Morris - 500k on twitter and one of the Admins of Atlas Trading on discord (another 250k of v.significant money).

Very similar to what they did with FRX. Have a read through the chronology of his twitter and you might see what I mean about a number of other recently pumped stocks in the past. I've certainly made money off him and riding presiding sentiment, but timing it is pretty tough. Will probably go in for a punt myself dependent on entry, but be careful not to see a repeat of RKT in terms of taking profits.

https://twitter.com/MrZackMorris

cronos wrote: »
    Truthfully all growth stocks are well down and this could rebound.

This though, in relation to my above post. The whole market is bleeding out it seems. Very rough two weeks. Tbh it's been my pennies keeping my head above water for the most part, and capping me at around -3%.

Something about the pipe investors getting such a sweet deal really annoys me, even though I'm aware it's a part of SPAC's. I think it is one part that may have to be removed if they ever want to run again.

Bill has said that PSTH 2 will be more favourable in that regard.

image.png

pioneerpro wrote: »
    This though, in relation to my above post. The whole market is bleeding out it seems. Very rough two weeks. Tbh it's been my pennies keeping my head above water for the most part, and capping me at around -3%.

Bill has said that PSTH 2 will be more favourable in that regard.

image.png

I'm actually amazed thus far at least how well PSTH has held up considering what's happened to every other SPAC. Although it's day may still come if this continues.

STPK is starting to look cheap.

cronos wrote: »
    I'm actually amazed thus far at least how well PSTH has held up considering what's happened to every other SPAC. Although it's day may still come if this continues.

STPK is starting to look cheap.

If PSTH isn't going to end up being Stripe (which imo, it won't) then I reckon it will not be received favourably. It really represents quite a gamble pre-rumour at such a premium in my estimation.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    If PSTH isn't going to end up being Stripe (which imo, it won't) then I reckon it will not be received favourably. It really represents quite a gamble pre-rumour at such a premium in my estimation.

I tend to agree especially at this point when there are alternative cheaper gambles if you are looking to gamble like IPOF.

Stolen from elsewhere just to illustrate;

DA'ed $SPAC's under $11.

$FUSE
    $NHS
    $THBR
    $VCVC
    $ALUS
    $PACE
    $NGAC
    $FTOC
    $RTP

Under $12.

$SFTW
    $ACIC
    $SNPR
    $GIK
    $AONE

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    FCAC is merging with Sharecare and it seems that the company had flown under the radar because (1) other popular spacs and (2) probably unsure what the company does.

Reasons I like Sharecare are;
    I see the company been a CRM system for people, doctors, hospitals and other healthcare people, along with insurance companies. (People going crazy for HAAC in the hope they merge three companies into one in order to create this business)
    Acquisition of Doc.AI gives the company new connections and improves product offerings.
    Management have a good track record. They turned around business segment they brought from Healthways’ PopHealth Division in August 2016 (loss making now profit making)
    2021 estimated income is pretty much a given due to presigned contracts. high growth, recurring revenue visibility in a space as large and growing as healthcare.
    A lot of new markets can been expanded into.
    The company sees multiple paths to hitting $1 billion in revenue.
    Main players in the SPAC brought through Draftkings and Skilz
    Ohya, the company is already profitable!!

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/12/sharecare-ceo-on-going-public-via-4-billion-spac-deal.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2d9t4enbas

Closed today at $11.35. Can see this at least doubling in size.

This didn’t age well ha!!

I brought more again today at $10. Got to remember, this isn’t a real spac. It’s a profitable business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Some of the space related SPACs seem good value at the moment. Area thats missing from my portfolio.

SFTW & NSH both under $11 and DA'd.

SFTW/Blacksky has defense/government contracts tied up for the next few years. Looks like a slow but consistent gainer.

NSH/Spire has both government and private contracts across a range of industries. It manages everything from satellite design/construction to analytics in-house rather than contracting out some others do. Their nano-satellites are also not as limited as the larger ones in terms of positioning in space. Nice Nat Geo vid on them here
    Not particularly relevant but it's kind of cool that they started as a kickstarter funded company.

VACQ @ 11.33 is worth keeping on eye on as well, DA last week and went to $14.
    RocketLab, similar to SpaceX. Again focus on small/nano satellites but with rockets as well. Claims to have more launch capacity than all US sites put together. As with most SPACs, huge revenue increases predicted.

• Advertisement

Some of the spacs are below face value now. I think we definitely have too many of them now and you need to pick the team behind them rather than the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

What are people still holding FRX thinking. I'll get out today if I see any bit of a jump.

cc87 wrote: »
    Some of the space related SPACs seem good value at the moment. Area thats missing from my portfolio.

SFTW & NSH both under $11 and DA'd.

SFTW/Blacksky has defense/government contracts tied up for the next few years. Looks like a slow but consistent gainer.

NSH/Spire has both government and private contracts across a range of industries. It manages everything from satellite design/construction to analytics in-house rather than contracting out some others do. Their nano-satellites are also not as limited as the larger ones in terms of positioning in space. Nice Nat Geo vid on them here
    Not particularly relevant but it's kind of cool that they started as a kickstarter funded company.

VACQ @ 11.33 is worth keeping on eye on as well, DA last week and went to $14.
    RocketLab, similar to SpaceX. Again focus on small/nano satellites but with rockets as well. Claims to have more launch capacity than all US sites put together. As with most SPACs, huge revenue increases predicted.

SFTW/Blacksky is the pick of the bunch here, although I kinda like the concept of NSH/Spire.

RocketLabs rutherford engine is pretty proven technology, and I like their 3D Printed (laser) shtick, but they're effectively competing against SpaceX in a lot of regards.

Cathie Woods, of ARK fame, is launching ARKX - a Space focused ETF - so you could see any and all of these see rapid gains upon inclusion.

For a quick overview of the quickly heating post-DA Space Sector, see the below from the ever amazing Tornike LAGHIDZE

image.png

HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp
    https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...tion-Corp.html

https://www.quantum-si.com/

Originally shot up to $22 on the news but has since dropped down to as low as $11.67, now trading at $12.47. it looks like value to me.
    Basically Quantium-SI make tools for sample preparation, sequencing, and data analysis of proteins in real time.

Dr. Dean has done a few episodes explaining what they are about

youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I've shied away from SPACs since Jan, just too many of them out there, however I'm really liking the sound of Markfordged who will merge with the spac AONE soon, so I'll be getting into that while its still around the 12$ mark. Cathie Woods has bought positions in it the whole way through the Nasdaq pullback the last 2wks, and that's very positive given she said her plan was to cut her lower conviction stocks to raise cash for her biggest convictions while they are beat down. I had thought possibly its too soon for the whole 3d printing industry, is this more 10yrs away, however the more I look at it the more I think it could be all ready to go alot higher sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Anyone have any any info on the North Atlantic Acquisition Corporation SPAC?

They have an Irish connection - worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Anyone look at $PRPB?

SP @ $10, very little in the way of rumours but have filed for their next SPAC already.
    Previous SPAC merged with E2Open (ETWO)

Interesting team behind them and sounds like they are more interested in a long term prospect than some of the hype companies.
    "high quality companies that have long term-compounding potential with sustainable moats or barriers to entry"

https://www.ccnbprincipal.com/switch-company/cc-neuberger-principal-holdings-II/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Ajax 1 is the next big big spac for me.

A who's who of people involved. Nothing anywhere near announced yet so plenty time to run.

I'm in at 11. Bit pricey at the moment for me to go back in but any dips below 12 is good value i think

Just an update on this.

Looks like British second hand online car dealer Cazoo is merging with a reported valuation of 7b

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Just an update on this.

Looks like British second hand online car dealer Cazoo is merging with a reported valuation of 7b

Are you happy with Cazoo? I don’t hold the stock but seems a limp merger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

gudede wrote: »
    Are you happy with Cazoo? I don’t hold the stock but seems a limp merger.

200m revenue last year. Really only went live at the end of 2019. Alex Chesterman, creator of LoveFilm (a film rental service sold to Amazon for £200m) and Zoopla (a property market services firm floated and then sold for £2.2bn) is the man running Cazoo, so he has a good track record. His pitch is that 15 years ago buying clothes online was abstract.

In the US Carvana, which has a similar business model floated with a value of $2.1 billion in 2017 and is now worth $46 billion so there is definitely a market.

I'm holding for the moment and will let it run. My BEP is 11. Will see if there is any pop this week.

It's a merger that could really go either way.

Advertisement