Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPACs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Massive pump'n'dump of this with Atlas trading group and other eejits like Alex Cutler - but I'd say you probably already know that. It was a silly pivot from the original SPAC target statement and is very likely to take a dump this week with CCIV DA imminent and others like it sucking all the air out of the market. Caveat Emptor, especially if the institutional boyos take a notion to shorting it with all the silly sentiment hype and go for a stop-loss raid like they did friday PM with CCIV.

Didnt see it in Atlas discord but Alex Cutler and Yates Investing were pumping it, its fine as I am in at an early price. It could be manipulated but its going to get a lot of media attention from Arnie, LeBron etc who have a massive social media following. The bikes are way cheaper than Peleton as well. It's not going to touch my buy-in price.

Lots of talk of NGAC this morning on fintwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

What are all your thoughts on NGAC? Another bloomberg rumor has got my interest piqued. Pity I wasn't in that one closer to NAV.

Also curious on thoughts on HZON. Tempted to buy some.

Its getting blasted all over twitter, very hard to get on these early with premarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Its getting blasted all over twitter, very hard to get on these early with premarket.

What broker are you using to trade premarket/AH from Ireland out of interest? Didn't think there was a retail investor aligned brokerage who'd handle that.

The bikes are way cheaper than Peleton as well. It's not going to touch my buy-in price.

Yeah there's plenty cheaper rowers than the Concept2 but its a very discerning and inelastic market for also-rans and second movers. There's a wait list for Peleton; it's like comparing some bog standard Huawei or Xiaomai phone to the iPhone and comparing the tech specs, people unfortunately don't work like that.

I'd also stress that their linear sales projections (complete nonsense and don't remotely account for pandemic restrictions easing) are exactly why this sort of play would consider a SPAC more appealing than an IPO - they can basically make up whatever sales projections they want with a SPAC and somewhat side step the securities fraud issue they'd have with a direct IPO doing the same thing.

But, as you indicate, if you're in near-NAV then your only concern is exactly how much profit you're planning on taking :D

• Advertisement

What broker are you using to trade premarket/AH from Ireland out of interest? Didn't think there was a retail investor aligned brokerage who'd handle that.

None, we cant as far as I know :( massive disadvantage.

None, we cant as far as I know :( massive disadvantage.

Yeah it's absolutely brutal, huge money to be made that we're just completely blocked from. Are you with IBKR and/or do you buy units? Any idea on the cost/time for a SPAC unit split with Irish available brokerages if so?

Currently trying to even out our silly disadvantage by seeing if I can even get some access to flip warrants at the moment - they're going absolutely wild for near-NAV SPACs without rumours in recent times - and so I'm waiting on IBKR document verification atm. Would love advice on any other brokerages worth setting up an account with, already have a DeGiro but that barely qualifies as such lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Anyone getting in on $NSTB, which just announced a deal with Apex clearing house?

Yeah it's absolutely brutal, huge money to be made that we're just completely blocked from. Are you with IBKR and/or do you buy units? Any idea on the cost/time for a SPAC unit split with Irish available brokerages if so?

Currently trying to even out our silly disadvantage by seeing if I can even get some access to flip warrants at the moment - they're going absolutely wild for near-NAV SPACs without rumours in recent times - and so I'm waiting on IBKR document verification atm. Would love advice on any other brokerages worth setting up an account with, already have a DeGiro but that barely qualifies as such lol.

Pretty sure IBKR have warrants and there is way more money to be made in them but risks as well. Some are better deals than others as well (how many warrants to shares), the % gains on warrants are far higher but you need to get low and its pretty much day of warrant announce I've heard that you need to jump to get the best value.
    I only set up my account the other day with it. Haven't looked at units.

I am waiting for trading 212 to verify my ID it's blocked as well cause you can use your debit card and it takes me around 2 days to get money into degiro.
    Etoro also takes paypal but its ****e for most tickers, doesn't have spac's either. I used it to get Palantir at 9.80 after IPO would have missed out waiting for the moment to go to degiro.

Saw this today which looks interesting https://www.independent.ie/business/world/freetrade-prepares-irish-launch-after-gamestop-surge-drives-demand-40109267.html

shakedown wrote: »
    Anyone getting in on $NSTB, which just announced a deal with Apex clearing house?

I'd prefer it to either of the other offerings today (SVAC in particular) but you're probably too late to the races. Trend atm is to sell the rumour rather than the DA agreement. Unless you catch a Bloomberg terminal screenshot quick your risk is exponentially going up to be left as a bag holder. Also always check % of institutional ownership and target sector, and weight that against recent performances.

• Advertisement

Some are better deals than others as well (how many warrants to shares), the % gains on warrants are far higher but you need to get low and its pretty much day of warrant announce I've heard that you need to jump to get the best value.

TBH there's been so little mergers not being achieved, and 3x-7x potential with warrants versus about 20-40% on most common shares for SPACs nowadays, that the risk profile actually isn't too bad. If you can nab stuff for $2-3 (and they're often silly prices for non-trendy sectors, with a disconnect from common prices) its a seemingly pretty profitable way of going long on something if you believe in a given management team. I basically don't buy SPAC commons above $12 or $12.50 max at any stage of the cycle. YMMV depending on trading style.

Check out the bleeding market today - commons down, warrants up ;)

Strongly advise those with unit access to check out CPUH.U and those looking for value to check out MAAC. Both significant medical sector plays, both with strong boards, and MAAC's crowd have a second SPAC filling with the SEC as of last month.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/montes-archimedes-acquisition-corp-announces-pricing-of-400-000-000-initial-public-offering-301147279.html

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210204006178/en/Compute-Health-Acquisition-Corp.-Announces-Pricing-of-750-Million-Initial-Public-Offering

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Interesting. It's a crowded space; asides from all the silly eVTOL plays like ZNTE left, you have ALTU which is probably going to fly but is a bit priced out already. You also have significant Military/Defense SPACs like NHS and DFNS, and then you have like two ex-NSA heads or otherwise National Intelligence people involved in SCVX and NDAC (incoming). Hell, even EPHY (incoming).

It's basically already known as the Biden SPAC, and hit an ATH of 14 more or less out of the gate. It's slowly bleeding down now as people get pipped out to conflict of interest, and they'd have to be squeaky clean with their acquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I posted it on a different thread last week. But the RMGB merger with Renew Power (Renewable Energy Provider) is getting closer seemingly. Rumoured to be a $8 million deal. I got in early last week as clearly a lot of potential here with the size of India and Renew Power being one of the biggest energy players in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

ReNew Power, India’s biggest renewable power producer, is nearing an agreement to merge with blank-check company RMG Acquisition Corp. II, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The deal would give Goldman Sachs Group Inc.-backed ReNew an enterprise value of $8 billion, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly.
    An $855 million private placement to support the transaction is being raised from investors including serial dealmaker Chamath Palihapitiya, TT International Asset Management, a fund managed by BNP Paribas SA, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock Inc. and Sylebra Capital, the people said.
    Representatives for RMG II, ReNew and BlackRock declined to comment. Other investors in the PIPE didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

THCB also gone mad due to OshKosh US Postal contract.

Absolutely *wild* 12 hours for DA's

RMGB as per above (Probably Chamath PIPE)
    RTP going with Joby
    RAAC going with Berkshire Grey (Chamath PIPE confirmed)
    DMYI going with qIon
    AONE going with MarkForged

I'd say we'll see MAAC and BWAC announce fairly shortly.

Absolutely *wild* 12 hours for DA's

RMGB as per above (Probably Chamath PIPE)
    RTP going with Joby
    RAAC going with Berkshire Grey (Chamath PIPE confirmed)
    DMYI going with qIon
    AONE going with MarkForged

I'd say we'll see MAAC and BWAC announce fairly shortly.

Market does not appear that impressed with RTP Joby thus far. Their CEO will be on CNBC soon. Might move on that.

I entered GRSV (Gores Holdings V) earlier at low 10’s. It’s risen since but its still under 11 so its worth considering. It’s an Ardagh related SPAC if that interests anyone so there is some Irish interest here. A LT hold for me.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ardagh-is-to-spin-out-its-87bn-cans-business-in-ny-share-listing-40125315.html

• Advertisement

I entered GRSV (Gores Holdings V) earlier at low 10’s. It’s risen since but its still under 11 so its worth considering. It’s an Ardagh related SPAC if that interests anyone so there is some Irish interest here. A LT hold for me.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ardagh-is-to-spin-out-its-87bn-cans-business-in-ny-share-listing-40125315.html

Yeah thats the cannery for white claw amongst others, based in Wales IIRC Not a bad hold at all

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

Time to ditch CCIV? Or are people holding to ticker change?

Has been depressing to watch the slide but got in at around 15 so not the end of the world for me.

CAstudent wrote: »

Has been depressing to watch the slide but got in at around 15 so not the end of the world for me.

You'll see 35$ this week for sure imo, but it'll be swinging madly.

I won’t tell you what to do as you need to decide that yourself. But you’re making a nice profit if you bought at 15 if decide to close your stock today. I personally think this will well recover so I wouldn’t be panicking selling today. They’re big expectations with Lucid. But only you can decide what to do with your stock :)

Hard to watch also. But it at least appears to be holding 30 so I haven't sold anything yet. Wish it had held 40 on that bounce yesterday.

cronos wrote: »
    Hard to watch also. But it at least appears to be holding 30 so I haven't sold anything yet. Wish it had held 40 on that bounce yesterday.

Holding but its heading to $25,I think it's going to get massive buys soon.

I sold it all at 29.5 earlier. Ended about 80 or 90 percent up. If it drops low enough I'll buy again but probably with a position closer to what my initial investment was to keep some of the profits out of it. Bit worried about the market overall so need some winnings to help me break even if things go bad.

Only 200k shares of cciv left available to short. This was market collusion again by the hedges imo. They drove a serious stop-loss raid before the bell on Friday.

image.png

Of course bring this up in the other thread and I get mocked and cries of 'muh sentiment'. The mind actually boggles. Some people have no interest in understanding the market around them.

Only 200k shares of cciv left available to short. This was market collusion again by the hedges imo. They drove a serious stop-loss raid before the bell on Friday.

image.png

Of course bring this up in the other thread and I get mocked and cries of 'muh sentiment'. The mind actually boggles. Some people have no interest in understanding the market around them.

How do you see the short interest? Also sounds like it would become a big WSB target. Now that GME has kicked off again part of me is thinking people just moved money into that. At the end of the GME thing the first time CCIV took off from 21 into the 30's after it. So I'm tempted to renter now if it drops to around 25 tomorrow, let's see.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    How do you see the short interest? Also sounds like it would become a big WSB target. Now that GME has kicked off again part of me is thinking people just moved money into that. At the end of the GME thing the first time CCIV took off from 21 into the 30's after it. So I'm tempted to renter now if it drops to around 25 tomorrow, let's see.

WSB have banned SPACs so unlikely. NAKD/SNDL/NOK/AMC/GME would be the obvious choices. Might even see another run on cannabis stocks.

Short interest + % of float
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/cciv?mod=mw_quote_tab

https://iborrowdesk.com/report/CCIV

Advertisement