Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPACs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

masterK wrote: »
    Anybody any strong opinions on the eVTOL area for investment. There are 2 interesting SPACs in this space at present.

Atlas Crest (ACIC) has already announced a merger with Archer Aviation. Archer have a 1 billion order from United Airlines already. Current share price is $13.56

A second merger in the pipeline is Reinvent Tech (RTP) merging with Joby Aviation, this hasn't been announced but most of the rumours are leading this way. Current price is $14.5.

Of the two Joby interest me more, their tech seems to be ahead of Archers. Both don't plan on being commercially operational until 2023/24 so there is definitely an element of a punt and some patience here but the rewards could be huge.

I have RTP. Joby is an intersting one. It's the kind of thing I wouldn't normally think to buy to be honest, but I was in RTP early. I'm keeping it though as a wildcard. Market seems to like Joby.

Not sure if RTPZ is a bit expensive at this stage. They could get Hippo.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

FCAC is merging with Sharecare and it seems that the company had flown under the radar because (1) other popular spacs and (2) probably unsure what the company does.

Reasons I like Sharecare are;
    I see the company been a CRM system for people, doctors, hospitals and other healthcare people, along with insurance companies. (People going crazy for HAAC in the hope they merge three companies into one in order to create this business)
    Acquisition of Doc.AI gives the company new connections and improves product offerings.
    Management have a good track record. They turned around business segment they brought from Healthways’ PopHealth Division in August 2016 (loss making now profit making)
    2021 estimated income is pretty much a given due to presigned contracts. high growth, recurring revenue visibility in a space as large and growing as healthcare.
    A lot of new markets can been expanded into.
    The company sees multiple paths to hitting $1 billion in revenue.
    Main players in the SPAC brought through Draftkings and Skilz
    Ohya, the company is already profitable!!

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/12/sharecare-ceo-on-going-public-via-4-billion-spac-deal.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e2d9t4enbas

Closed today at $11.35. Can see this at least doubling in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

A potential battery SPAC; PDAC. I’ll be watching this closely tomorrow.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AF1VE?__twitter_impression=true

I’m getting FOMO with all these SPAC’s after not entering CCIV a few weeks back!

They are this cycle's version of a $hitty tech IPO or mortgage backed security. Essentially a blank cheque investment, every financial scumbag around is getting involved in them. Short term you might make some impressive returns but long term most of them will be going to zero. Avoid!!

transylman wrote: »
    They are this cycle's version of a $hitty tech IPO or mortgage backed security. Essentially a blank cheque investment, every financial scumbag around is getting involved in them. Short term you might make some impressive returns but long term most of them will be going to zero. Avoid!!

You mean SPAC's in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

cronos wrote: »
    You mean SPAC's in general?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

You need to know how to play them, I have traded prob 30ish spacs at this stage and have 4 post merger. I agree some may be worth nothing in the future (same as IPO's) and the spac market may not always be SPACtacular but to tell people to avoid i don't agree with. I have made way more money with spacs than regular stocks. Its easy, buy neart nav sell near merger rinse repeat. 10-100% profit on most of them. Below is not including big premerger gains like CCIV +200%

Post merger i only own the below

fsr +95%
    Metromile 15%
    Quantumscape 109%
    Skillz 127%

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    You need to know how to play them, I have traded prob 30ish spacs at this stage and have 4 post merger. I agree some may be worth nothing in the future (same as IPO's) and the spac market may not always be SPACtacular but to tell people to avoid i don't agree with. I have made way more money with spacs than regular stocks. Its easy, buy neart nav sell near merger rinse repeat. 10-100% profit on most of them. Below is not including big premerger gains like CCIV +200%

Post merger i only own the below

fsr +95%
    Metromile 15%
    Quantumscape 109%
    Skillz 127%

What Pre Merger SPAC's do you have?

It's a sweeping statement. Same as saying all IPO's were bad. Plenty of tech companies succeeded and many didn't. This is certainly high risk investment.

I do think there has become somewhat of a bandwagon where there are now celebrity SPAC's, I definitely don't want to give someone money just because they happen to be famous. I predict the end of the SPAC bubble will be Kayne West with a SPAC.

What Pre Merger SPAC's do you have?

I Had to sell some for CCIV which is 30% of my portfolio (can't take much out of my account as I have mortgage applications in with the bank.), so pre merger spacs i only have VCVC, CCIV & BFT.

Had to get out of PTSH(ouch), SRAC, THBR, AMCI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

This is nothing more than trolling. Stick to facts,
    the spac, if it doesn't find an investment within the allocated time must return the money to the holders, i.e you get $10 back for every share, so if you are buying a spac for $10-$11 you really are only loosing at most $1 per share if it doesn't happen.
    If they do find a company to invest in you still have plenty of time to weigh up is it worth buying more, selling what you have or holding the spac before it gets converted into the new company.
    Without spac's you have to try and participate in an IPO, which by the time you get to invest your funds the price is already double what the Investment banks and large funds have gotten in for.
    Anyways, it's your choice what to do with your money, no harm in avoiding the spac space, no harm in investing in it by doing a bit of research and pooling our resources like what we are doing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Anyone in on $FRX

“Fitness companies Beachbody LLC and Myx Fitness LLC will go public through a three-way merger with a blank-check firm affiliated with former TikTok chief Kevin Mayer, valuing the combined entity at around $2.9 billion.

Founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, Santa Monica-based Beachbody has over 3 million subscribers and offers more than 2,700 on demand videos, its website showed.

Myx, which closely competes with the likes of Peloton Interactive Inc and SoulCycle Inc, provides one-on-one coaching and training customized to users' heart rate.”

Seems decent value at $11 after definite agreement reached. Looking at Peloton $PTON trading at over $130.

RTPZ is worth a look now that's it's dropped in price a bit.

CCIV @ $61.78
    it has been some return, my average is $17.12. I hope my other spacs make this kinda return, if they do I'll retire early!!!

CCIV @ $61.78
    it has been some return, my average is $17.12. I hope my other spacs make this kinda return, if they do I'll retire early!!!

Same here. Only wish I bought more. Shows what SPAC's can do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Hi All, on what trading app can I buy CCIV shares?
    Thanks

cizolin wrote: »
    Hi All, on what trading app can I buy CCIV shares?
    Thanks

Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TheBetsy

Anyone in on Goldman Sachs SPAC $GSAH? Up 12% today 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I bought CCIV about 2 weeks ago and it's flying, great tip. Any more decent spacs people are high on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

buyer95 wrote: »
    I bought CCIV about 2 weeks ago and it's flying, great tip. Any more decent spacs people are high on?

Am in CCIV and also hold PSTH. PSTH sitting at 30ish for a bit and hope it will pop after CCIV does.

TheBetsy wrote: »
    Anyone in on Goldman Sachs SPAC $GSAH? Up 12% today ��

Yes. As usual wish I had more and more importantly that it holds the pop. Personally trying to buy and hold but SPAC's can be fickle and pop and fall back as people sell the pop. Selling the pop could be a good strategy also but definitely need after hours access to pull it off. Hoping this is a crypto play, Gemini seems to be getting talked about on the internet but I don't trust rumors anymore unless they come from a reputable source such as Bloomberg for example.

• Advertisement

I bought FRX yesterday at 11.50 , its 13.76 after hours.

Its basically a couple of companies in one, Beachbody who have one of the biggest digital content fitness libraries in the world. Bought a peleton bike competitor, a nutrition company owned by shaq and Arnie and the pipe is kevin mayer who created Disney +. Revenue is nearly 1billion.

twitter will summarise it better than I can https://twitter.com/search?q=%24frx&src=typed_query

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Its basically a couple of companies in one, Beachbody who have one of the biggest digital content fitness libraries in the world. Bought a peleton bike competitor, a nutrition company owned by shaq and Arnie and the pipe is kevin mayer who created Disney +. Revenue is nearly 1billion.

twitter will summarise it better than I can https://twitter.com/search?q=%24frx&src=typed_query
    Thanks for the tip, bought 30 shares at open. Strong start

$FRX over $15 already. Glad I got in yesterday at $11.40

$FRX over $15 already. Glad I got in yesterday at $11.40

I didn't really like it when I saw it first then I saw the proper DD and the connections, and it was a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

GHVI / Gores Holdings VI finally added to Degiro but its gone from the $16 when requested to $20 - one to watch I guess

GHVI / Gores Holdings VI finally added to Degiro but its gone from the $16 when requested to $20 - one to watch I guess

It's a pain they don't automatically add these quicker. Put's us at a major disadvantage.

Added some FPAC at 10.58

Ah fook I meant to pick up some but didn't look into it.
    Added some FPAC at 10.58

I'm holding here too, it's early days yet but I see Linden Capital are holders here too. They focus on middle market healthcare and life science companies.
    I thought Far Peak were after some form of fintech for this spac but I could be wrong.

$SNPR bargain at under $15 currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

twitter will summarise it better than I can

Massive pump'n'dump of this with Atlas trading group and other eejits like Alex Cutler - but I'd say you probably already know that. It was a silly pivot from the original SPAC target statement and is very likely to take a dump this week with CCIV DA imminent and others like it sucking all the air out of the market. Caveat Emptor, especially if the institutional boyos take a notion to shorting it with all the silly sentiment hype and go for a stop-loss raid like they did friday PM with CCIV.

Advertisement