Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

blanch152 wrote: »
    This post from September sums it up better than I could, and looks so accurate in terms of what we know since. Pretending that ex-Provos are not involved is simply not tenable.

Pretending gardai are not involved is simply not tenable.

Pretending local politicians are not involved is simply not tenable

Pretending locals are not involved is simply not tenable

It's really easy to play that game

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This post from September sums it up better than I could, and looks so accurate in terms of what we know since. Pretending that ex-Provos are not involved is simply not tenable.

We know your track record of sending people to the gallows on suppositions and 'evidence' that only just has to satisfy your already rampant bias.

And that post you quoted is nothing but guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We know your track record of sending people to the gallows on suppositions and 'evidence' that only just has to satisfy your already rampant bias.

And that post you quoted is nothing but guesswork.

It may be guesswork, but compared to the fantasy that Dublin Jimmy was nothing more than a common criminal and had no links to the IRA, it has much more truth in it and has been backed up by events since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It may be guesswork, but compared to the fantasy that Dublin Jimmy was nothing more than a common criminal and had no links to the IRA, it has much more truth in it and has been backed up by events since.

The media is saying that he was apolitical and his only interest was money. If he co-operated with the Provos it was to do contract work for them, not out of any ideological agreement with their objectives.

:D:D:D
    His name was released after his death and his past revealed. Who exactly has a 'fantasy' that he had no links to the IRA? We know he worked for them on some operations.

The only person embellishing those details that I can see is you and of course, when it involves your boogeymen under the bed, your imagination is suddenly very fertile. :)

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    The media is saying that he was apolitical and his only interest was money. If he co-operated with the Provos it was to do contract work for them, not out of any ideological agreement with their objectives.

Are they?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/stash-seized-from-safe-house-key-to-quinn-probe-962780.html

"McGuinness, known as ‘Dublin Jimmy’, was previously a significant player in the Provisional IRA"

"Other former members of the PIRA are suspected of being involved in his gang"

That is pretty much in line with what I have been saying. The Independent said similar in the links earlier in this thread.

From a different media source:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/breaking-news-dublin-jimmy-kevinlunney-17231555

"He gained a reputation as an IRA sympathiser who supplied vehicles to them and provided safe houses."

"He was suspected of involvement in the IRA bombing of Bishopsgate in London in 1993. The Met Police issued a photofit of McGuinness two months after the blast."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

That's exactly what every top Garda have said,any of the Sunday newspapers,politicians and intelligence sources but you carry on with your little wet dream and your fantasy guesswork might lead you to the GAA and Gerry Adams because lets face it that's the only reason you go on these threads.

Sad and pathetic.

tipptom wrote: »
    That's exactly what every top Garda have said,any of the Sunday newspapers,politicians and intelligence sources but you carry on with your little wet dream and your fantasy guesswork might lead you to the GAA and Gerry Adams because lets face it that's the only reason you go on these threads.

Sad and pathetic.

It is sad and pathetic and it is also pulling the thread way off topic, which isn't blanch's biases.

Sad and pathetic.
    It is sad and pathetic and it is also pulling the thread way off topic, which isn't blanch's biases.

GAA? Gerry Adams? Strange one, haven't mentioned either of them.

I have posted several links to back up what I was saying - from the Examiner, the Independent and Dublinlive.ie, three different media sources saying the same thing as I am on the topic of this thread.

Nevertheless, have a go at the poster not the post. What was it someone once said?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111719647&postcount=289

Ah yes, nowt like a bit of invective when all else fails.

• Advertisement

GAA? Gerry Adams? Strange one, haven't mentioned either of them.

I have posted several links to back up what I was saying - from the Examiner, the Independent and Dublinlive.ie, three different media sources saying the same thing as I am on the topic of this thread.

Nevertheless, have a go at the poster not the post. What was it someone once said?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111719647&postcount=289

Ah yes, nowt like a bit of invective when all else fails.

What has 'failed' blanch exactly?

I will tell you what has failed, your attempt to show that anyone was engaging in 'fantasy'.
    As soon as this man's name was released his past connections to the IRA was posted and nobody contradicted that connection.

The truth, that you are only here to air some age old biases, is what is 'sad and pathetic'. And the 'truth' is not invective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Criminals or ex ira men ...SF will take one hell of a hammering at the polls because of this. Not the type of Ireland anyone aspires to.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Criminals or ex ira men ...SF will take one hell of a hammering at the polls because of this. Not the type of Ireland anyone aspires to.

Locally, I think the people here are sick of the lazy blame game. They would be more interested in why this situation was allowed to go on and ramp up over more than 5 years and no action taken.

It is this 'type of Ireland' because very clearly, nothing was done until it had to be done, and then of course we saw that it 'could be done' if the will was there.

From a different media source:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/breaking-news-dublin-jimmy-kevinlunney-17231555

"He gained a reputation as an IRA sympathiser who supplied vehicles to them and provided safe houses."

"He was suspected of involvement in the IRA bombing of Bishopsgate in London in 1993. The Met Police issued a photofit of McGuinness two months after the blast."
    Where does it say there that he was a member of the IRA?

Look at it this way,you know when your Loyalist mates were contracted by MI5 etc and given information to wait outside GAA clubs and target someone closing the gates so they were sure to be able to target a Catholic,well you would say your Loyalist mates had an association with MI5 but you would not say they were members of MI5 now,would you?

Only difference is your mates worked to kill taigs,this character by all accounts worked for money in exchange for expertise in stolen trucks and logistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It sums up your feverish obsession. Could possibly be ex-provo affiliates involved especially considering the region. So what and so now what? Try link it to Mary Lou or discuss the issues as is?

Where does it say there that he was a member of the IRA?

Look at it this way,you know when your Loyalist mates were contracted by MI5 etc and given information to wait outside GAA clubs and target someone closing the gates so they were sure to be able to target a Catholic,well you would say your Loyalist mates had an association with MI5 but you would not say they were members of MI5 now,would you?

Only difference is your mates worked to kill taigs,this character by all accounts worked for money in exchange for expertise in stolen trucks and logistics.

I don't have any such Loyalist mates, I'm actually a Southern GAA supporter, but your post once again exposes the reactionary poisonous bile at the heart of the nice republican myth.

Nice glossing over of the person killed at Bishopsgate and the dozens injured, by the way.

It sums up your feverish obsession. Could possibly be ex-provo affiliates involved especially considering the region. So what and so now what? Try link it to Mary Lou or discuss the issues as is?

I wasn't on here at the start pretending that the people concerned had no links to the IRA and inventing some fantasy link to FG. Some might think I am obsessed, but I usually back up what I say with links, as I have done on this occasion.

Others have fantastical obsessions that border on insanity. Perhaps you might share any evidence of what you know about FG/Labour links to the QIH intimidation.
    The only active folk are the dissidents and they're FG/Lab's lot. Mind could be former FG Councillors if he was glassed or maybe he blew the whistle on the local Garda?

Some might think I am obsessed, but I usually back up what I say with links, as I have done on this occasion.

Must have missed your 'back up' for this post that you described as 'so accurate in terms of what we know now'.
    reg114 wrote:
    I have always been suspicious of how Quinn could operate in the border area through the height of the troubles and not become a victim of extortion by the paramilitaries. He became the wealthiest man in Ireland under the noses of the provos ? Something isnt right. Fast forward a few years and his empire is wiped out and company is under new ownership yet the new board become victims of an unrelenting campaign employing similar methods used by the provos back in the day? Far too much of a coincidence all of this. What mystifies me is that total lack of arrests and convictions, again this is very similar to what we see in gangland / terrorist crimes. Will someone have to die before the authorities take this seriously ?

I think at this stage you trawl news...see the words 'Sinn Fein or IRA' and something clicks in your brain and you believe anything written there after if it is critical or accusatory. :)

I wasn't on here at the start pretending that the people concerned had no links to the IRA and inventing some fantasy link to FG. Some might think I am obsessed, but I usually back up what I say with links, as I have done on this occasion.

Others have fantastical obsessions that border on insanity. Perhaps you might share any evidence of what you know about FG/Labour links to the QIH intimidation.

Blanch making criminal activity in 2019 about the IRA and not any GAA/FG/FF voters?
    I'll go a step further, might even be a few Green party supporters involved ;)

Are you under the impression that every single person in the border region who took part in any 'illegal' activity, or continue to do so are answerable and beholden to the IRA? Are you that ill informed about the Irish? I would suggest near everyone in that region was provo affiliated or knew of their activities in the least. Are you so naive that this excludes GAA men like yourself and FF/FG party familiars?
    Arms crisis
    The Arms Crisis was a political scandal in the Republic of Ireland in 1970 in which Charles Haughey and Neil Blaney were dismissed as cabinet ministers for alleged involvement in a conspiracy to smuggle arms to the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Crisis

Haughey, was affiliated with FF I thought?

Well FG/Lab did make a dissident a senator ;)

You are stuck in a loop. Get with the times. Criminals in border region likely affiliated with provo activities of old..shocker.

Now, apologies to the good folk trying to discuss this.

B

Well FG/Lab did make a dissident a senator ;)

Indeed. There's been very little discussion about those strange events. I mean, what were they thinking?

• Advertisement

Indeed. There's been very little discussion about those strange events. I mean, what were they thinking?

Oh no, there is a whole thread devoted to misogynistic abuse of Mairia Cahill by the usual non-SF, SF-supporting posters on here.

Trying to give SF a political black eye. More important than running the country.

Oh no, there is a whole thread devoted to misogynistic abuse of Mairia Cahill by the usual non-SF, SF-supporting posters on here.

You must have been livid when they gave a disident a senate seat? They're like super provos.
    Yeah using victims to score points is pathetic.
    When you be bringing up Jean McConville? You're due no?

The exploitation of a CSA survivor for opportunist political reasons is something you support?

The exploitation of a CSA survivor for opportunist political reasons is something you support?

I am with Mairia Cahill on this one. She has a pretty sound idea of who has exploited her (hint: it is neither FG nor Labour).

Thread successfully diverted to one poster's pet subject and neuroses. :rolleyes:

I am with Mairia Cahill on this one. She has a pretty sound idea of who has exploited her (hint: it is neither FG nor Labour).

So as a dissident republican who was against the peace process, she warranted a Senate seat? Might it be dissidents and not the GFA supporting, disbanded IRA behind any criminality in the border regions?
    IMO, there's likely more members of the GAA than IRA involved in any of this.

I don't have any such Loyalist mates, I'm actually a Southern GAA supporter, but your post once again exposes the reactionary poisonous bile at the heart of the nice republican myth.

Nice glossing over of the person killed at Bishopsgate and the dozens injured, by the way.
    A southern GAA supporter lols,your good for a laugh anyway,can you do an Irish jig?

Wasn't it you who said you spoke to your friends in the loyalist community and the loyalist caught smuggling refugees was only a "small cog" and you would eat your hat if there was loyalists caught up in it.

Now pop up your evidence that this fella was a member of the IRA like you stated like a good lad or is it just more intelligence from your Loyalist mates?

A southern GAA supporter lols,your good for a laugh anyway,can you do an Irish jig?

Wasn't it you who said you spoke to your friends in the loyalist community and the loyalist caught smuggling refugees was only a "small cog" and you would eat your hat if there was loyalists caught up in it.

Now pop up your evidence that this fella was a member of the IRA like you stated like a good lad or is it just more intelligence from your Loyalist mates?

In fairness you are mistaken. That was a poster called downcow.

• Advertisement

You can look at my posts in the GAA Forum if you don't believe my GAA antecedents.

I was a member of CCE for quite a while in my younger days and was proficient at playing reels, jigs and hornpipes. Well versed in the Siege of Ennis and the Walls of Limerick.

You are mixing me up with someone else obviously, because I haven't been posting on loyalists smuggling refugees, but wouldn't be surprised. They are as bad as your lot. I have nothing to do with loyalists smuggling refugees or republican intimidation. Both are disgusting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement