Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year - bike edtion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Goose81

Its gone out of business, closed.

Yeah but I mean I don't understand the attraction of it, these lads are driving bikes up when it was open staying for the night and not drinking and then driving home or they we're driving home pissed?

When did it shut?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

The bike Mak is referring to was owned by a person who worked there. So no. People were not getting hammered and driving home.

A good few members of staff had bikes, and the customers that had them didn't drink when they were riding in.

Closed a good few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A good few biker pubs around, or used to be. Strawberry hall, man-o-war, scut fagans, blue light. Probably a few more if you want to go to a pub on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Goose81 wrote: »
    Yeah but I mean I don't understand the attraction of it, these lads are driving bikes up when it was open staying for the night and not drinking and then driving home or they we're driving home pissed?

When did it shut?

Mostly staff bikes.

Bikers were welcomed to stay, get pissed and we always put their bikes into the pub to be collected the next day. Alternatively Fleet St. car park gave us a Gypsy Rose/biker rate of €5 for the night.

Parking was right opposite the pay booth so it was pretty secure.

It closed last November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

blade1 wrote: »

The 929 are a super reliable bike and the least desirable for the speed merchants alright but they are very popular for those that want
    a blade for commuting/touring and having a good blast at the weekend due to the more comfortable riding position it has

But... your right that one is way over priced ;)
    This one is better priced and it has all the proper extras
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/fireblade-cbr-929-rr/18778069

mamax wrote: »
    The 929 are a super reliable bike and the least desirable for the speed merchants alright but they are very popular for those that want
    a blade for commuting/touring and having a good blast at the weekend due to the more comfortable riding position it has

But... your right that one is way over priced ;)
    This one is better priced and it has all the proper extras
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/fireblade-cbr-929-rr/18778069
    To be fair,every blade is super reliable but if I was picking a blade, I'd pick every other gen before it.
    Saying that though,a guy living across the road from me sold a 929 few years ago for €1000.
    If I had known he was selling it I would have snapped it up instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Christ, 20 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Cienciano wrote: »
    Christ, 20 years old!

My baby's 23!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Many bikes seem to have a lower floor that they never go below in price - as long as the bike is in decent condition. No matter what age..

Christ, 20 years old!

Here's my 20 year old!:pac:
    Going by the condition and price of a lot of the stuff on donedeal it must be worth at least 8k :pac:
    16l0lf6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Here's my 20 year old!:pac:
    Going by the condition and price of a lot a stuff on donedeal it must be worth at least 8k :pac:

I can offer you 500euro and a half eaten ham sandwich. Be reasonable now.

Rory28 wrote: »

Hey,this isn't adverts.ie at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Zascar wrote: »
    Many bikes seem to have a lower floor that they never go below in price - as long as the bike is in decent condition. No matter what age..

It's pretty common, especially in the entry-level range of bikes. I got my Deauville for €1,900 and I'll be able to sell it on for about the same price, especially after replacing the more expensive parts such as the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'll see your offer and raise you a half eaten bag of Monster Munch :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's pretty common, especially in the entry-level range of bikes. I got my Deauville for €1,900 and I'll be able to sell it on for about the same price, especially after replacing the more expensive parts such as the exhaust.

I bought my Fireblade 5 years ago for 6k - looking on donedeal many are still going for 6k today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Zascar wrote: »
    I bought my Fireblade 5 years ago for 6k - looking on donedeal many are still going for 6k today!

SELL IT SELL IT.....................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Christ, 20 years old!

I had a '98 CBR600F from new, great bike, everything on it was basically knackered by the time I put 100k km on it though. (On 80s Hondas they used to call it built in obsolescence - you'd get to 40k miles and everything in the engine and chassis would wear out at the same time!) Had the chance to get a very clean low miles '97 from the UK for under £1000 at the time I was getting rid of my one, didn't go ahead and regretted that for a good few years.

Hey,this isn't adverts.ie at all :pac:

Will you swap for a Nissan Micra with crash damage and no NCT or tax? :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Here is a 2017 model for 2 grand less. Madness!!

https://www.kawasaki.ie/motorcycle/2017-zzr-1400/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Whilst mad priced - its the mileage in where the price is :D

Here is a 2017 model for 2 grand less. Madness!!

https://www.kawasaki.ie/motorcycle/2017-zzr-1400/

And that's a sport performance while the one on donedeal is a performance edition.
    I know not much difference.
    The sport performance gets brembo's.
    I almost had a 2012 standard one with less than 4000 miles bought a couple of months ago for €7500.
    Then add vrt and cost to go over to UK and bring it home.
    I'd be just missing the akrapovic exhaust system and the ohlins rear shock.
    There's lads even remove the akrapovic's and fit a single Yoshi for more midrange so it's possible to pick up a set of akras for your standard edition.

GBX wrote: »
    Whilst mad priced - its the mileage in where the price is :D

Well spotted.
    Must be a fùck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

I nearly choked & got curry on iPad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

another gixer 600 at silly money :eek:
    gsxr600.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

He brought the lingo back with him too. Pretty much stock....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

No doubt wants to get back the transport costs in that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

aaakev wrote: »
    He brought the lingo back with him too. Pretty much stock....

I'll pass...its a "she"............:P

Advertisement