Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year - bike edtion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

For comparison https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes?sort=price%20desc&price_to=3000&engine_to=1000&engine_from=600&year_from=2005

There is a cbf100, BMW F800s and a good few other bikes that are the same price but 4 years younger. God loves a trier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Maybe clear the trip metre after you clock it. For sale at Pitlane MC

470478.JPG

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That is priceless!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

MOD NOTE: Lads please remember to attach a photo of the ad as very often it's gone within days. Take a screenshot and attach/imbed to the post along with the link for those who don't follow thread closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Is the trip not 4015.0km & the odo 11361km?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is the trip not 4015.0km & the odo 11361km?

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭batman_oh

blade1 wrote: »
    What ya think of the sp?

A myth. They couldn't sell them when they came out, the SP1 was massively discounted to get things moving and the Sp2 basically sat there with nobody buying it at all (bar a few early ones) until it finally died out.

Now it has achieved mythical status and the UK dealers are cleaning up on it. At least it only affects people that want to pay too much money for old bikes (a bit like antique dealing and art). :pac:

Haha, is there a . I can't see in the image lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Ahhh "streetfighers". A great way to cover up a nice smash !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

D3V!L wrote: »
    Ahhh "streetfighers". A great way to cover up a nice smash !!

Not always..some guys dont want what everyone else has, or like the "race" riding position or can afford a change...been there..;)

Not always..some guys dont want what everyone else has, or like the "race" riding position or can afford a change...been there..;)

If he wants that kind of money for it,I hope he,at the very least has all the original parts for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Worth about 2000 and that's it
    A 929 all original would go for about 2500 to 3000 max and that one was butchered
    I sold a mint one last year and nowadays the market for litre sports bikes is at an all time low due to high insurance quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

mamax wrote: »
    Worth about 2000 and that's it
    A 929 all original would go for about 2500 to 3000 max and that one was butchered
    I sold a mint one last year and nowadays the market for litre sports bikes is at an all time low due to high insurance quotes

You've more money than sense if you think that thing is worth 2k.

IMO €1000-€1200 max, but only if I was really stuck for a bike.

You've more money than sense if you think that thing is worth 2k.

IMO €1000-€1200 max, but only if I was really stuck for a bike.
    Ah but it's a future classic!!! :pac:
    You have fellas now looking for a grand for a box of rusty parts!:pac:

Ah but it's a future classic!!! :pac:
    You have fellas now looking for a grand for a box of rusty parts!:pac:

I just had a look there to see :pac:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/1966-67-honda-cl160/21342557

25hifwy.jpg

It all depends on what the rusty parts are off....he's only a couple of hundred out...;)

It all depends on what the rusty parts are off....he's only a couple of hundred out...;)

He'd have to pay me to take it away.

I love the description. Very tidy, really?

I'd find it hard believe that someone would do that to a blade unless it's been smashed.

"Very tidy example of a 2000 reg 929 fireblade street racer power commander lovely clean bike a lot off money spent on this bike"

zubair wrote: »
    I love the description. Very tidy, really?

I'd find it hard believe that someone would do that to a blade unless it's been smashed.

"Very tidy example of a 2000 reg 929 fireblade street racer power commander lovely clean bike a lot off money spent on this bike"

But not everyone wants a boring fcuking blade..they're sh1t imo...been there.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

But nearly always :P, no problem with a modder, they'll nearly always have the original kit to go with the bike should a new owner want to change back (been there), if the kit's not there then view with maximum suspicion - from bent/cracked frames and on down.

bladespin wrote: »
    But nearly always :P, no problem with a modder, they'll nearly always have the original kit to go with the bike should a new owner want to change back (been there), if the kit's not there then view with maximum suspicion - from bent/cracked frames and on down.

True that, but sometimes the old parts fund the new parts...;)

I was going to offer him the asking price but the ad says no silly offers! :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/motorbike/21836671

10s5h8h.png

Lovely bike tho....wonder if the medical condition is a sore arse......no offence Darren if yer reading this ...Had one, still have the crushed vertebrae...:p

I love how they rebuilt the engine and then passed the cost onto the new buyer.

zubair wrote: »
    I love how they rebuilt the engine and then passed the cost onto the new buyer.

Dont see an issue if the new buyer is happy with the price...

Dont see an issue if the new buyer is happy with the price...
    Out of interest Max, how much would you say that bike is worth?
    Here's one for cheaper in absolutely mint condition with 12000 miles on the clock.
    I was looking at it just now and had a good look at it. Every nut and bolt everywhere still like new.
    Hasn't been painted, hasn't needed engine work and hasn't a broken/cut front mudguard :)

Now this is a nice bike

Edit: forgot to mention it's 2002.

4n9eo.jpg

wuldax.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Here's one for for cheaper in absolutely mint condition with 12000 miles on the clock.
    Tempting, mighty tempting.

• Advertisement

And it's the right colour.

Advertisement