Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anybody want System Shock 1 and 2 for steam? I have a spare key for each.

Will nab 2! :)

Enjoy lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I managed to get my Dreamcast back online for the first time in about 18 years or so today. Haven't tried any games yet but useful for downloading games saves onto the VMU if anything.

zo60l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Woah nicely done, GG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not retro but I've dropped the Resi 2 remake to play Ace Combat 7 which I'm absolutely loving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not retro but I've dropped the Resi 2 remake to play Ace Combat 7 which I'm absolutely loving.

I haven't played an Ace Combat game since they were called Air Combat on the PS1!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't played an Ace Combat game since they were called Air Combat on the PS1!

Still waiting on Birds of Steel to go BC. :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Same. In fact, Air Combat is the only game in the series I've played. It wasn't quite a sim, but wasn't very arcadey either...it struck a very nice balance between the two. For everything else, there's Afterburner :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First time I played the series. Really want to go back and try the rest as I'm having so much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Never played the series but I do have my eye on the new one, I hear the VR missions are a nice addition.

Have the money here for a nice/fresh boxed Link to the Past, been looking the last few months on ebay.ie...very few are in any way decent shape, and none in the condition expected versus price asked :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    Have the money here for a nice/fresh boxed Link to the Past, been looking the last few months on ebay.ie...very few are in any way decent shape, and none in the condition expected versus price asked :(

I'll swap you my CIB copy for your PS4 Pro + PSVR, and maybe some cash your side? :P :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'll swap you my CIB copy for your PS4 Pro + PSVR, and maybe some cash your side? :P :P

Make with the cash Andy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep! I think that's the case alright. Will try to get some ISOs onto the HDD and will report back :)

And it works! Converted to NTFS, Journey installed in 10 minutes and other games are running 100% from the external HDD.

Thanks again Inviere for the help :)

And it works! Converted to NTFS, Journey installed in 10 minutes and other games are running 100% from the external HDD.

Sweet, glad to be of help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Might have to do this soon too. No more games on PS Plus unless PS4 so im just paying for digital hoarding .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Axiom Verge is free on the epic store for the next week , it's a retro styled metroidvania game so ,kinda counts here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Axiom Verge is free on the epic store for the next week , it's a retro styled metroidvania game so ,kinda counts here ;)
    That word is CURSED!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement

They look a bit too painterly to me in FF9 compared to the CGI look of the original.

The FF7 backgrounds on the other hand look phenomenal.

I'd argue that the background miss out on the developers original intent except for the fact I just modded the **** out of FF8 and replaces the background assets with fan upscaled versions because it looks awful on a 1440p screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2370133573?view=permalink&id=10158218972523574&anchor_composer=false

Not sure of a good price or not. Guy in Spain selling new 17" 15khz crt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2370133573?view=permalink&id=10158218972523574&anchor_composer=false

Not sure of a good price or not. Guy in Spain selling new 17" 15khz crt

Would be nice in my Arcade1up cab! Shame they're too deep though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm going to Toronto in May so I looked up a nearby retro store. There's a picture from inside the store last year of the boxed console shelves. Many of the usual suspects but there was also a good few Japanese things, even a Saturn keyboard.

Obviously it will be different when I'm there but it looks like there's a good variety so could find something nice.

1kDMqi8.jpg

This kind of flew under the radar for me but two companies, Classics Digital and Piko Interactive have been releasing a few old games on Steam.

There's the usual PC classics but they are also releasing some Amiga and Spectrum classics like Push Over, Sleepwalker, Where Time Stood Still and Bubble Ghost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know it came in for some stick, ongoing too, but the collection of NES games coming with the Switch Online subscription is getting to be pretty substantial.
    I would imagine the cheap NES Classic console and the ready modding of that device to hold the entire NES back catalogue may have cheapened the impact of the NES game collection on the Switch but, for me at least, it's certainly building into a nice library of titles.
    It'll be very nice to see the other NES big hitters to arrive, such as Super Mario Bros 3.

tT3Kmym.png

Happy Love Day everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Advertisement

Fantastic piece on Contra III, semi technical, but not overly so. Game is a masterpiece imo

Advertisement