Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEM CAO documents

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quart12

Anyone resolve it with CAO about missing transcript?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redser1

quart12 wrote: »
    Anyone resolve it with CAO about missing transcript?

They just said they will re-view what I have sent and put me in the appeals process... I'm not sure where the issue lies. My transcripts are uploaded onto account and there

redser1 wrote: »
    They just said they will re-view what I have sent and put me in the appeals process... I'm not sure where the issue lies. My transcripts are uploaded onto account and there

That’s not really helpful to anyone.

That’s not really helpful to anyone.

thats what I've responded to them....it will get sorted anyways, I'm not worried

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

AThoma wrote: »
    Did they tell you how to sort this issue?
    Obviously not!! RCSI got back to me subsequently with the most comprehensive explanation and said I just need to confirm with the CAO that the transcripts I sent in relate to my first degree and it should be fine.

• Advertisement

RCSI have just told me that they have no transcript at all. This is ridiculous. What sort of organisation is CAO if they don’t do their job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AThoma

Yes this is so unacceptable, I’m so confused on how to go about the appeals process when no college can see my transcripts on my application

RCSI have just told me that they have no transcript at all. This is ridiculous. What sort of organisation is CAO if they don’t do their job properly.

frustrating but they will get it sorted.... a lot of people in this position

Anyone got it resolved yet? They aren’t dealing with it and keep saying it’s not their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bella11

Anyone got it resolved yet? They aren’t dealing with it and keep saying it’s not their problem.

Yeah UCD emailed there, they said my transcripts weren’t sent on by CAO and they would be reviewed next week

• Advertisement

This creates a disadvantage for us. What if something is wrong with them and we don’t get a chance to resolve it anymore?

I’m going to report it to the appeals commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bella11

This creates a disadvantage for us. What if something is wrong with them and we don’t get a chance to resolve it anymore?

I mailed them asking that, I’m sure they would give an additional chance like when it’s their fault that the transcripts weren’t sent in

• Registered Users Posts: 33 humboldt

This is Irish government departments at their very best...

F***ing useless! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

humboldt wrote: »
      This is Irish government departments at their very best...

F***ing useless! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Revenue are very efficient ;)

Revenue are very efficient ;)

taxignorant... Maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

humboldt wrote: »
      taxignorant... Maybe not!

I know ... It's not actually my original username, my account was hacked at some point and admin said they couldn't change it. It's very random and unfortunate! I think my original handle was something to do with ponies back in the early 2000's

Sorry for hijacking thread. I hope you all get paperwork sorted soon it's stressful - I had mix ups with transcripts before and it was sorted in the end

Does anyone know when we will be told if the appeal has been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hopefulsucess

[/INDENT]
      Does anyone know when we will be told if the appeal has been accepted?

Was wondering this too! If appeal is not accepted and they tell us before Thursday at least we'd have another chance to sort stuff out. If not accepted by Thursday are we completely out of the running?

[/INDENT]

Was wondering this too! If appeal is not accepted and they tell us before Thursday at least we'd have another chance to sort stuff out. If not accepted by Thursday are we completely out of the running?
      I’m trying to figure out the same thing, everyone I email just say it will be reviewed during the week and then no mention of anything else

• Advertisement

Has anyone changed from ineligible to eligible yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

I have been asked to confirm whether my first level 8 is indeed my first level 8. This is the only reason I was deemed ineligible. Aside from the fact that the four colleges gave me different instructions/explanation of the specific issue, one college actually suggested that I provide ‘documentary evidence’ of this - how the hell do you prove a negative? With documentary evidence no less?!

I am going to send a letter today stating that yes, my first level 8 is indeed my first level 8. I assume that should suffice? What else am I meant to say?

I can’t imagine anyone’s status will go from ineligible to eligible before the window closes. Even if the CAO received your hard copy appeal yesterday, by the time they scan and send it to the institutions it will be Wednesday/Thursday.

My partner couldn’t believe the mixed messages from the colleges, the confusing relationship between them and the CAO, the requirement to send in hard copies by snail mail and the extremely tight appeal window - and suggested I make a complaint. I had to laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

coopersock wrote: »
      I have been asked to confirm whether my first level 8 is indeed my first level 8. This is the only reason I was deemed ineligible. Aside from the fact that the four colleges gave me different instructions/explanation of the specific issue, one college actually suggested that I provide ‘documentary evidence’ of this - how the hell do you prove a negative? With documentary evidence no less?!

I am going to send a letter today stating that yes, my first level 8 is indeed my first level 8. I assume that should suffice? What else am I meant to say?

I can’t imagine anyone’s status will go from ineligible to eligible before the window closes. Even if the CAO received your hard copy appeal yesterday, by the time they scan and send it to the institutions it will be Wednesday/Thursday.

My partner couldn’t believe the mixed messages from the colleges, the confusing relationship between them and the CAO, the requirement to send in hard copies by snail mail and the extremely tight appeal window - and suggested I make a complaint. I had to laugh!

How you respond in your appeal depends on why you think they have flagged you. Why do they think you have more than one degree? Address that issue clearly in your letter.

I was deemed ineligible last year for the same reason as I had transfer credits listed on my transcript, and I hadn't sent in the official transcript of my first university (that I had left without completing a degree). I explained that I started university, moved to a different country for family reasons, then completed my degree somewhere else. My complete transcripts were the documentary evidence that they required.

For me according to UCD my transcripts were received by the CAO but were not included in the printed version used in the eligibility assessment. RCSI and UL sent me emails telling me to print off their emails and send them to the CAO along with my transcripts again and UCD told me to do nothing. To say I’m worried about the appeals process is a minor thing to say as I’m stressed something could go wrong again due to such a lack of clarity

For me according to UCD my transcripts were received by the CAO but were not included in the printed version used in the eligibility assessment. RCSI and UL sent me emails telling me to print off their emails and send them to the CAO along with my transcripts again and UCD told me to do nothing. To say I’m worried about the appeals process is a minor thing to say as I’m stressed something could go wrong again due to such a lack of clarity

Each university decides who they would like on their course. Submit what RCSI and UL tell you to submit, and don't worry about UCD, as it seems they don't require extra information from you. Make sure your appeal letter is well-written. We were told at orientation by the head coordinator that all of our files were combed through and we were selected. So make sure your appeal letter is well-written, polite and concise.

Each university decides who they would like on their course. Submit what RCSI and UL tell you to submit, and don't worry about UCD, as it seems they don't require extra information from you. Make sure your appeal letter is well-written. We were told at orientation by the head coordinator that all of our files were combed through and we were selected. So make sure your appeal letter is well-written, polite and concise.
      Does our gamsat score and order we put our preferences not decide which college we go to?

They aren't looking for well-written letters. They have a given set of requirements and candidates are either eligible or illegible based on those requirements. The colleges decide together based on these requirements that are set out on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ERpunk

Can you be eligible for some of the colleges and ineligible for others?

They aren't looking for well-written letters. They have a given set of requirements and candidates are either eligible or illegible based on those requirements. The colleges decide together based on these requirements that are set out on paper.

Then why did our head programme coordinator say that? I'm just sharing what we were told in orientation. I was surprised myself, as I thought med school admissions in Ireland was just box ticking. It is to some degree, but once you enter an appeal then the heads of the programme will be reviewing your case.

I think it is a safe enough thing to advise that candidates take care when they write their appeals, as actual humans will decide if you get in once it is clear you have a 2:1 and a GAMSAT score at the cut off.

• Advertisement

ERpunk wrote: »
      Can you be eligible for some of the colleges and ineligible for others?

No. The universities get together and decide if you are eligible or not. However if one university requires more documentation, I am suggesting that people send it regardless if another university says it isn't needed. It is better to over-deliver than under-deliver in a time-sensitive appeal situation.

Advertisement