Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEM CAO documents

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quart12

Did anyone else receive an ineligible outcome on CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

quart12 wrote: »
    Did anyone else receive an ineligible outcome on CAO?

I hadn’t received an email from CAO or anything but I just logged in there and yes it says the institutions have collectively reviewed my application and deemed me ineligible. Explanation isn’t very specific:

- No Original Transcripts/Incomplete Transcripts/No Proof of Conferring

A bit annoying as I was sure I had done everything perfectly... transcript on file is original and complete.

Does anyone know what’s involved in fixing this if I’ve applied for all 4 grad med courses in Ireland? I’m not really gunning for 2020 entry, it’s 2021 I’m aiming for so not sure I want to go through all that effort!

I got the exact same reply. I had sent original documents and confirmed with CAO they have received original documents. I received a 2.1 degree. This could be a mistake on their part?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 redser1

Yeah the same, I emailed them there, it must be an error on their part

The CAO says to direct all queries regarding ineligibility to the institutions themselves... a quick check of college websites tells me admission staff are still working from home and as such cannot accept phone calls. Let the fun begin...

• Advertisement

Did anyone get an eligible outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

Did anyone get an eligible outcome?

Hi, yes I did, transcript was from UCD, it gives conferring date and also marks broken down by year.

I emailed all institutions and CAO....usually these things are rectified easily enough

I wonder if they want us to send our degree parchment? It didn’t say that was actually required if you had your transcript but I’m not sure. Did anyone send their parchment? Did you send a photocopy or one stamped by the college?

ma003 wrote: »
    I know they said your transcripts should have the conferring date on them. I haven't graduated so I just got a letter stating when I would be graduating. I haven't heard anything yet though so I don't know if that worked.

Is it fairly obvious on your cao account where they tell you? I can't see anything.

It shows up under your GAMSAT result as a separate row with bold title.

• Advertisement

I also sent them an original letter from the professor in the institute I studied stating I earned a 2.1 degree and the date I was conferred. I can’t see why I’m ineligible but I contacted the colleges so will see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 humboldt

Ineligible.

Can someone post who to email in UCD and RCSI? I tried UCD GEM admissions but all I got was "your query has not been received."

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AThoma

Hi there,
    I think there was an error with the cao sending documents to institutions and that is why people may have been deemed ineligible, because I was deemed ineligible and just got in contact with rcsi and they said that on my file there is a note that says no transcripts were present.

Okay, so I had emailed all of the institutions and UL were the first to get back to me. They said that I was deemed ineligible because they were unsure if my degree was my 1st degree or not. This is apparently because I went to two secondary schools, so it looks like the second secondary school was a university?! Even though I spent three years in each? Bit ridiculous really. A quick google of the schools would show that they are secondary schools and not third level.

coopersock wrote: »
    Okay, so I had emailed all of the institutions and UL were the first to get back to me. They said that I was deemed ineligible because they were unsure if my degree was my 1st degree or not. This is apparently because I went to two secondary schools, so it looks like the second secondary school was a university?! Even though I spent three years in each? Bit ridiculous really. A quick google of the schools would show that they are secondary schools and not third level.

Did they tell you how to sort this issue?

coopersock wrote: »

At least easily sorted Cooper - hopefully everybody else is easily rectified also. Perhaps as Thomas says with the office being closed there may be things unsent - it's not great situation but so long as nobody loses out then no harm done. The stress is getting us ready for working in the HSE ;)

AThoma wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I think there was an error with the cao sending documents to institutions and that is why people may have been deemed ineligible, because I was deemed ineligible and just got in contact with rcsi and they said that on my file there is a note that says no transcripts were present.

Yes my transcripts are uploaded on my profile, scanned and stamped on 12th of March and RCSI just stated CAO states NO DOCUMENTS....so an error on their part, and then emailed them and they were no help just stating to contact institutions. Essentially the fault of CAO.

redser1 wrote: »
    Yes my transcripts are uploaded on my profile, scanned and stamped on 12th of March and RCSI just stated CAO states NO DOCUMENTS....so an error on their part, and then emailed them and they were no help just stating to contact institutions. Essentially the fault of CAO.

Does it say no documents/documents incomplete? The GEM admissions at uni seem to be very particular about what information they want on the transcript - maybe something missing from it? I will see if I can find the requirements they had. Equally it could be an error. Have you given admissions a bell to see what they story is?

Does it say no documents/documents incomplete? The GEM admissions at uni seem to be very particular about what information they want on the transcript - maybe something missing from it? I will see if I can find the requirements they had. Equally it could be an error. Have you given admissions a bell to see what they story is?

Yeah admissions said there is just no transcripts, nothing about anything been omitted - so just an error in sending them over to institutions. prob due to covid

Should be easily sorted ...

• Advertisement

Yes I had previously contacted RCSI about my transcripts before I sent them to the CAO and they said everything was acceptable and the lady that helped me today stated there was nothing on my file. Does anyone know when we know when the appeal is accepted and the ineligible is changed to eligible?

Also did RCSI tell you how to sort it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gamsatter

Also did RCSI tell you how to sort it?

I am on to them now too, i paid for my transcripts posted from ucd in February as originals and they have each module score on them as well as conferring date, so really annoyed and upset that this has happened, I have emailed RCSI and UL to see what needs to be done but as we all know we cant call and talk to anyone!

gamsatter wrote: »
    I am on to them now too, i paid for my transcripts posted from ucd in February as originals and they have each module score on them as well as conferring date, so really annoyed and upset that this has happened, I have emailed RCSI and UL to see what needs to be done but as we all know we cant call and talk to anyone!

There seems to be issues with communication between CAO and the institutions - CAO are saying they have documentation and then colleges are saying they don't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hopefulsucess

what email did people use for RCSI? this is so frustrating

I emailed admissions@rsci.ie

Sorry admissions@rcsi.ie not rsci

Sorry admissions@rcsi.ie not rsci

Has anyone been able to get onto UCD?

Same problem here. Really annoyed with CAO. They are saying talk to admissions but admission are saying they don’t have transcript. CAO are being a pain in the a**. It’s their fault for not sending it to admissions offices even though I can clearly see it on my account.

• Advertisement

Same problem here. Really annoyed with CAO. They are saying talk to admissions but admission are saying they don’t have transcript. CAO are being a pain in the a**. It’s their fault for not sending it to admissions offices even though I can clearly see it on my account.

Yeah its completely the fault of CAO who are being seriously unhelpful also

Advertisement