Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Family saloon for under €12K

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Interesting, any links?

You do know there is a thread for the Outlander PHEW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

colm_mcm wrote: »

I’d trust batteries a lot more than a 1.6 TDI
    Really? I thought it was a reliable enough engine. I agree with other poster that it's underpowered.

I see a good few complaints on batteries losing a good bit of range after a few years of charging. Similar battery technology in phones and I see how their life span is relatively short v whats expected from a car.

If battery upgrades and replacements were reasonable cost I'd probably have a different view. Renaults model of renting the battery is possibly something worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

rn wrote: »
    Really? I thought it was a reliable enough engine. I agree with other poster that it's underpowered.

I see a good few complaints on batteries losing a good bit of range after a few years of charging. Similar battery technology in phones and I see how their life span is relatively short v whats expected from a car.

If battery upgrades and replacements were reasonable cost I'd probably have a different view. Renaults model of renting the battery is possibly something worth looking at.

Comparing a phone battery to a car battery is not really a comparison

Easiest to leave it at that.....I wouldn’t read a lot of the rubbish posted about battery degradation......

Advertisement