Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

The story and writing is absolute muck hah

The core gameplay loop is still addictive thank ****

nix wrote: »
    Yeah i got Queen, and then replaced it instantly as soon as i opened
    Liliths chest
    with the Duc and Companion.. and two other pistols which werent the best but legendary.. 5 pistols i got in quick succession, loada bollox.. I was using the Duc for a good bit after, it was nearly 2k dmg but when i tried the companion i never went back, didnt realise the companion could shoot 14 bullets, you can pump out some serious damage with it :D

The queen looked great but i dont think i got a good roll with it, or is there something im missing out on? :confused:

Crits return bullets to the mag which can be handy but I was disgusted when I finally got it there and saw the damage was nearly half of my purple Jacobs pistol. I'll run it and and see what I can do with it, I have +17% pistol damage on my class mod and 17% on the relic. Must check those stack or else thats a waste of a slot.

For farming tyreen I used the flacker to melt her with a shotgun relic equipped so even on mayhem 2 it was only taking 3 minutes a run. Not once did I see anything decent in the vault chests.

Looking for stuff to chuck to make room for new stuff I realised there were guns I've never even fired. Had a level 40.... I'm level 50 mayhem 2 at this point ... Double Penetrating Gratifying Laser-Sploder by Torgue of course :D

It's an assault rifle that shoots a laser and wee rockets but unlike the maliwan lasers theres no warm up so it's instant. Anyway a level 40 on Mayhem 2????? It was viable :eek:

Certainly more DPS than a lot of level 50 stuff I have, but I have to factor mods for AOE damage etc. but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone around to help me fight The Agonizer 9000. I just cant do enough damage and i cant even get his sheilds down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Are you on pc?

• Advertisement

Nah Playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Anyone around to help me fight The Agonizer 9000. I just cant do enough damage and i cant even get his sheilds down.
    PSN - CMP--23

Cant right now the missus is home but if you wanna set up a date let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got the Illyuda for
    completing Zero's bounties
    wish I had known that was the reward as I would have left it until I was level 50

Look on the bright side, you gave me a heads up to wait....sweet sweet rifle of make-dead-quick-bits :)

I knew there'd be a blue side quest weapon that breaks the game.

The Porcelain Pipe Bomb is the new Evil Smasher , and you don't even have to glitch it, it's just broken OP :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I knew there'd be a blue side quest weapon that breaks the game.

The Porcelain Pipe Bomb is the new Evil Smasher , and you don't even have to glitch it, it's just broken OP :pac:

God damn it, I think I sold it. Was happy with my legendary grenade mod (Epicenter, which in fairness does do amazing damage) so didn't even check it.

Wonder if it'll be patched out. Will keep an eye out for it on TVHM or next playthrough anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Katajaw JR was bugged for me and wouldnt die (PC)

He would freeze on the very last blow and just not die or move. Completed every available side mission and went back and same happened, freezing just as he was about to die.

Eventually got him last night, anyone have this issue with him or others?

Got the Boo weapon last night, when you reload it, you throw and it becomes a turret or a suicide bomber:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

This is my first try of a borderland game and I'm puzzled! - There is indeed a ton of loot but the inventory system is terrible!!

I find myself dumping or selling for most of my game play time.

The system interface is pretty bad also - with the amount of loot, its quite frustrating seeing wahts valuable and not.

Any suggesitons to a easier life with loot with this game?! - I've upgraded my backpack but Ive limited money and each upgrade is very limited!

EDIT - I'm at level 12

Thanks

sticker wrote: »
    This is my first try of a borderland game and I'm puzzled! - There is indeed a ton of loot but the inventory system is terrible!!

I find myself dumping or selling for most of my game play time.

The system interface is pretty bad also - with the amount of loot, its quite frustrating seeing wahts valuable and not.

Any suggesitons to a easier life with loot with this game?!

Thanks

That's the thing, there's so much loot in the game that you're supposed to either drop or sell stuff as better loot comes along. Selling especially as it's how to make money quicker.

The best thing in terms of managing it is try to keep at least one of each type of weapon (one pistol, one rifle, one sniper etc) and one of each type of element. So you might have at least one of each weapon type, but you might have two pistols (one for fire, one for corrosive) and two SMGs (one shock, one radiation).

As you go along, either replace your weapons with newer, better versions, and pick up weapons you don't want but sell them in a vending machine. More money means buying Marcus' SDU upgrades which means you can store more things in your backpack or carry more ammo.

Also, you can press a button (can't remember which, possibly L3 on PS4) to mark an item as favourite or trash so you can remember what to keep or what to get rid of. Plus every item has a weapon score in the top left corner, so it can act as a base comparison (so a gun might have less damage but better fire rate and reload, making it a better weapon).

You get quicker at managing the inventory. Don't worry too much about it, small changes between weapons won't matter too much, so only change if it's a decent enough step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Penn wrote: »
    That's the thing, there's so much loot in the game that you're supposed to either drop or sell stuff as better loot comes along. Selling especially as it's how to make money quicker.

The best thing in terms of managing it is try to keep at least one of each type of weapon (one pistol, one rifle, one sniper etc) and one of each type of element. So you might have at least one of each weapon type, but you might have two pistols (one for fire, one for corrosive) and two SMGs (one shock, one radiation).

As you go along, either replace your weapons with newer, better versions, and pick up weapons you don't want but sell them in a vending machine. More money means buying Marcus' SDU upgrades which means you can store more things in your backpack or carry more ammo.

Also, you can press a button (can't remember which, possibly L3 on PS4) to mark an item as favourite or trash so you can remember what to keep or what to get rid of. Plus every item has a weapon score in the top left corner, so it can act as a base comparison (so a gun might have less damage but better fire rate and reload, making it a better weapon).

You get quicker at managing the inventory. Don't worry too much about it, small changes between weapons won't matter too much, so only change if it's a decent enough step up.

Thanks! - I see the option to mark as junk - Is there a facility to dump all the junk or sell all the junk in one go as per say Division 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thanks! - I see the option to mark as junk - Is there a facility to dump all the junk or sell all the junk in one go as per say Division 2?

Yeah anything marked as Junl can be sold in one go.

If its not better than what you currently have, sell it.

You will get better weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's X to sell all junk on PC. Not sure what that is on console.

Think so. And I think if you press that same button again it marks it as Favourite in case you find a weapon that you like. Some weapons might have a lesser overall score, but might suit your playstyle better, so can be worth keeping track of them by favouriting them.

But you will be dropping/selling/upgrading weapons all the time, so don't get too attached. Even Legendaries can become useless after a few levels or where they no longer fit your skill build. And never leave an area without a full backpack. You should always try pick up the best stuff from a boss' loot pool and then sell it. More money means more SDUs. Try getting some of the Backpack SDUs first. It means you can carry more weapons, which also means you can sell more of them and get more money for ammo SDUs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm at level 20 at the moment and my next boss is at level 20. I always want to be a good few levels above the bosses I face.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    It went from 125k in borderlands 2 to 250k for borderlands 3. Not exactly earth shattering numbers.

The game itself looks bang average to me. Never really got the appeal of borderlands games despite numerous attempts to get into them.

This looks just like more of the same and poorly optimised to boot.

https://wccftech.com/borderlands-3-sets-several-sales-records-over-5-million-units-sold-in-the-first-five-days/

Back to my original point. On the Epic store.
    Folks moaned.
    Purchased it anyway. Now it sets a sales record.

"Borderlands 3 marks 2K’s highest percentage of digital sales for a cross-platform, cross-distribution title, with more than 70 percent of consumers purchasing the game digitally in its first five days of release. In addition, Borderlands 3 delivered the highest pre-order sales figures to date for a 2K title, as well as broke pre-order records with the Epic Games Store. Initial sales of Borderlands 3 have exceeded the label’s expectations and, in particular, PC sales of the title through the Epic Games Store have been incredibly strong."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

https://wccftech.com/borderlands-3-sets-several-sales-records-over-5-million-units-sold-in-the-first-five-days/

Back to my original point. On the Epic store.
    Folks moaned.
    Purchased it anyway. Now it sets a sales record.

"Borderlands 3 marks 2K’s highest percentage of digital sales for a cross-platform, cross-distribution title, with more than 70 percent of consumers purchasing the game digitally in its first five days of release. In addition, Borderlands 3 delivered the highest pre-order sales figures to date for a 2K title, as well as broke pre-order records with the Epic Games Store. Initial sales of Borderlands 3 have exceeded the label’s expectations and, in particular, PC sales of the title through the Epic Games Store have been incredibly strong."

Why does anyone who had a problem with the epic store have to have bought it for any of that?

Hardly a record either,its a PB at best. Borderlands 2 wasnt exactly stellar numbers back in the day,PC gaming is more popular than ever now also so id be shocked if it didnt out do BL2 numbers.

Anyway keep up the fetish of thinking people are secretly using the epic store if it gets you off and makes you happy.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Why does anyone who had a problem with the epic store have to have bought it for any of that?

Hardly a record either,its a PB at best. Borderlands 2 wasnt exactly stellar numbers back in the day,PC gaming is more popular than ever now also so id be shocked if it didnt out do BL2 numbers.

Anyway keep up the fetish of thinking people are secretly using the epic store if it gets you off and makes you happy.

K :pac:

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm at level 20 at the moment and my next boss is at level 20. I always want to be a good few levels above the bosses I face.

I find the bosses dont go well with a solo playthrough.

I find the bosses dont go well with a solo playthrough.

I haven't been having any real issues as Amara. Just finished Chapter 19
    The Great Vault.

Finding Amara to be a great pick for solo. Her orbs in the Mystical Assault tree do great damage, plus her Soul sap augment and health regen from the Brawl tree keeps her standing. That and the amount of legendaries I've been picking up have made it a little too easy if anything.

Anyone find a deathless artifact? I think my Moze might like being at 1 health using it.

Penn wrote: »
    I haven't been having any real issues as Amara. Just finished Chapter 19
    The Great Vault.

Finding Amara to be a great pick for solo. Her orbs in the Mystical Assault tree do great damage, plus her Soul sap augment and health regen from the Brawl tree keeps her standing. That and the amount of legendaries I've been picking up have made it a little too easy if anything.

wait till you have to fight The Agonizer 9000.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It's catastrophically bad compared to the previous versions. and every time you sell something it jumps back to the top of your inventory :(

no long press of select give map any more either :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just arrived on Sanctuary and then the first planet after Pandora. Still getting to grips with this game as I stopped playing for a long time. The graphics are weird and take a bit to get used to. I found that the last time I played it as well. Borderlands 1 and 2, I never had that problem with.

• Advertisement

wait till you have to fight The Agonizer 9000.

Destroyed it first try :D. Took down the core in one cycle with a shock COV launcher. Shield with some fire resistance and a legendary corrosive SMG helped too. Easy peasy!

Advertisement