Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strange affair of Dimmy Tooley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

watch Timmy Dooley arrive in the Dail chamber speak to a clerk go to depart but then speak Niall Collins first then leave (between minute 27 and 28 ) see Dooley point to the seats...

https://youtu.be/PHBlz7oS6_I?t=1651 via @YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

"One man, one vote"....…...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Fine Gael do be at the vote malpractice too, they're two cheeks of the same arse.

That’s some deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

lola85 wrote: »
    That’s some deflection.

Deflection ? Do you think I gave a flying flute for either FF or FG? Maybe you think I'm a FFer shill, is that it lol?

I'm simply stating theres not a fanny hair between either of them vote one out and the other in, all you do is change tweedle dee to tweedle dum. They're two cheeks of the one arse.

Deflection ? Do you think I gave a flying flute for either FF or FG? Maybe you think I'm a FFer shill, is that it lol?

I'm simply stating theres not a fanny hair between either of them vote one out and the other in, all you do is change tweedle dee to tweedle dum. They're two cheeks of the one arse.

This thread is about FF though????

• Advertisement

lola85 wrote: »
    This thread is about FF though????

Yeah, who may be in govt in less than a year, thanks to FGs incompetence, but they're no better or worse than the incumbents.

Have you any argument against my post, or would you just not like me pointing out how one is as bad as the other when it comes to vote fiddling?

Am I negatively referencing "your team" is that it?

Yeah, who may be in govt in less than a year, thanks to FGs incompetence, but they're no better or worse than the incumbents.

Have you any argument against my post, or would you just not like me pointing out how one is as bad as the other when it comes to vote fiddling?

Just was looking for some consistency that’s all.

FF have been known to commit insurance fraud in the past but never seen you mention it on the Maria Bailey thread.

Two cheeks and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

John, you have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with FG. I’d say you think about them more than the national executive of the party do. They are living rent free inside your head.

This is a thread about FF.

watch Timmy Dooley arrive in the Dail chamber speak to a clerk go to depart but then speak Niall Collins first then leave (between minute 27 and 28 ) see Dooley point to the seats...

https://youtu.be/PHBlz7oS6_I?t=1651 via @YouTube
    note that Barry Cowen let Niall Collins sit in his seat while Collins voted for himself and Dooleyhttps://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/parliamentaryBusiness/other/2019-10-07_dail-chamber-seating-plan-sep-2019_en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Two of the least talented TD, s in the dail, hope both loose their gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

John, you have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with FG. I’d say you think about them more than the national executive of the party do. They are living rent free inside your head.

This is a thread about FF.

FG are the government .

Their actions and inaction affect us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No amount of underlining distracts from the fact that Collins gained nothing from "illegitimately using" Dooley's vote "as though his own." It is trivial, and you are only objecting because it suits your pathetic, lowly politics.

:DThe pinnacle of debate.
    I'm tempted to ask a stranger what my politics are but nah, you be you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ready4Boarding

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    :DThe pinnacle of debate.
    I'm tempted to ask a stranger what my politics are but nah, you be you.

Eugh, I cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

In reality, it's a trivial offence. Dooley would obviously have voted with FF and none of the votes was ever likely to have a material effect. But it gives you an indication of how TDs view parliament. It should be a place where you are awed afresh each time you enter; one should be on their best behaviour, as I have been whenever I've visited. Instead it's a place where Mick Wallace is content to wear a sleeveless t-shirt and Jonathan O'Brien a full tracksuit, where Mary Loud McDonald and Luke Ming Flanagan are bold enough to confront another member, where "Youse don't give a fu*k" is so in-keeping with normal proceedings that it goes unremarked upon, and where all manner of TDs are content to shout over the Ceann Comhairle and entirely ignore parliamentary procedure. There's much to despise about Westminster, but when their speaker stands, MPs listen, unlike here.

Getting someone else to vote on your behalf is far worse than wearing the 'wrong' clothes or saying 'f**k'. Incidentally, Joan Collins' swearing didn't go unremarked upon. Even Timmy Dooley found the time to comment on it:

https://twitter.com/timmydooley/status/1181996546885337089

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

In reality, it's a trivial offence.

It is in its b******s a trivial offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Tooley and Collins have een asked to step down temporarily by Michael Martin

Getting someone else to vote on your behalf is far worse than wearing the 'wrong' clothes or saying 'f**k'. Incidentally, Joan Collins' swearing didn't go unremarked upon. Even Timmy Dooley found the time to comment on it:

https://twitter.com/timmydooley/status/1181996546885337089

Unremarked upon in the Dail.

It is in its b******s a trivial offense.

How crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The British have a 'pairing' system.

If there's an unavoidable situation, e.g. a Conservative is in hospital or there is a death in the family, their Labour opposite will not vote.

The decorum is that you don't profit from someone's misfortune.

I doubt it applies in Timmy Dooley's case. He was probably just detained elsewhere.

Unremarked upon in the Dail.

It wasn't unremarked upon. The Ceann Comhairle asked her to withdraw it, which she immediately did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Eugh, I cringe.

I'd suggest you stop reading your own sh1te then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

gazzer wrote: »

Poor old Dimmy, he was never the sharpest tack in the box as his awful Brexit intervention a few months back showed.

It wasn't unremarked upon. The Ceann Comhairle asked her to withdraw it, which she immediately did.

The Ceann Comhairle wasn't in the chair at the time... So if it was he who asked her to withdraw it what must that mean? The Leas Ceann Comhairle did not remark on her parliamentary language at the time.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I'd suggest you stop reading your own sh1te then.

How juvenile. And my own..."sh1ite"? You really are filthy. I shouldn't have entered this swamp of crassness and stupidity.

The Ceann Comhairle wasn't in the chair at the time... So if it was he who asked her to withdraw it what must that mean? The Leas Ceann Comhairle did not remark on her parliamentary language at the time.

Christ, such ridiculous pedantry. I think you need to grow up. Whoever was in the f**king chair, she immediately withdrew it. I'm not sure what more you want... a Dáil debate? An inquiry, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The British have a 'pairing' system.

If there's an unavoidable situation, e.g. a Conservative is in hospital or there is a death in the family, their Labour opposite will not vote.

The decorum is that you don't profit from someone's misfortune.

I doubt it applies in Timmy Dooley's case. He was probably just detained elsewhere.

There is pairing in the Dail also.

Not just used for exceptional circumstances but when say a minister is on a foreign trip.

Fairplay to Martin for dealing with it in such a swift and decisive manner.

That's how TDs acting in a dishonest manner should be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fairplay to Martin for dealing with it in such a swift and decisive manner.

That's how TDs acting in a dishonest manner should be dealt with.

As much as i hate ff and not a fan of MM i have to agree with this.it actually looks like propper leadership.Stark contrast to FG and their rogue TD's.

Christ, such ridiculous pedantry. I think you need to grow up. Whoever was in the f**king chair, she immediately withdrew it. I'm not sure what more you want... a Dáil debate? An inquiry, maybe?

Goodness, you still don't understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

smurgen wrote: »
    As much as i hate ff and not a fan of MM i have to agree with this.it actually looks like propper leadership.Stark contrast to FG and their rogue TD's.

Will Martin exclude Dooley from standing as a FF candidate in the coming general election if he is shown to have committed wrongdoing?

That will be the real test, not asking him to temporarily stand aside from some do nothing job in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

A song springs to mind.”Hang down your head Dim Tooley”

• Advertisement

trying to save their asses.

the FF threadwreckers have been busy here

Advertisement