Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPs just put a gun to DUP's head

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

If this is not what you are talking about, then what are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

funny how they forgot to include that in the long list of examples of coercive control. you should write to the BBC and tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    If they have the democratic support to get their way, then why shouldn’t they?

You’re making the same error that Westminster is in thinking you know the minds of the people of Northern Ireland better than they themselves and are prepared to hand down a ruling from above as their obvious intellectual betters, because they’re all a bunch of rubes after all?

The fact is that even if you disagree with them, these are hot-button issues of conscience. It’s intellectual sneering of the highest order to say that because Ireland and most of Britain has enshrined this in law, that NI should have it foisted on them from above and invoking a definition of rights that NI has not consented to.

The DUP may be the biggest party but they are far from the majority in NI. You do know that the NI Assembly voted clearly in favour of Equal Marriage rights, only for the DUP to veto it through their misuse of the "petition of concern" mechanism? Why should we in NI have the fundamentalist prejudices of the DUP "foisted" upon us?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

not having sex with somebody is psychological abuse?

Heaven forbid a woman allows or disallows someone to have sex with her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Well, no government is in place so this bill takes effect on Monday. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

DUP say they were sitting in the wrong seats and inadvertently voted for Same Sex Marriage and LGBT rights?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DUP say they were sitting in the wrong seats and inadvertently voted for Same Sex Marriage and LGBT rights?? :D:D

Did my ears deceive me this morning, or did I hear Gregory Campbell on with pat Kenny suggesting that Boris could be planning to get his deal over the line in parliament, and then think he could start tinkering with it:confused:

Pat Kenny said something along the lines of did Boris cod the other 27 including Leo, and did he really believe the EU would for a third time reopen things?

Campbell said it was already said things couldn't be reopened.

I don't know how much credence to give to Campbell's suggestions ref Boris, but if it's true - the UK will become a completely untrustworthy nation, and good luck getting trade deals elsewhere if your word don't mean jack.

Opened to correction on some of the above as I had customers keep calling me and Bluetooth kept overriding the radio in the car, will listen back on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Did my ears deceive me this morning, or did I hear Gregory Campbell on with pat Kenny suggesting that Boris could be planning to get his deal over the line in parliament, and then think he could start tinkering with it:confused:

Pat Kenny said something along the lines of did Boris cod the other 27 including Leo, and did he really believe the EU would for a third time reopen things?

Campbell said it was already said things couldn't be reopened.

I don't know how much credence to give to Campbell's suggestions ref Boris, but if it's true - the UK will become a completely untrustworthy nation, and good luck getting trade deals elsewhere if your word don't mean jack.

Opened to correction on some of the above as I had customers keep calling me and Bluetooth kept overriding the radio in the car, will listen back on the app.

are they not past that point already with Boris in charge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Yet paying for sex is still illegal in Ulster, an age old trade banned yet other taboo things are legalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Yet paying for sex is still illegal in Ulster, an age old trade banned yet other taboo things are legalised.

Whatabout whatabouterry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭circadian

Am I missing a point here?

The cynicism and totally obvious political pre-election planning of the DUP over the last few days, in the way they orchestrated this fiasco just to keep their fat asses on their seats for another few years to gain fat pensions, has just left me cold.

Even their narrow-minded voters wouldn't subscribe to their childish pathetic efforts at raising public support for their pathetic agenda.

The dying wasp won't sting for much more. Thank Christ for that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Hadn't realised that David Trimble (that master of changing oars midstream) had done a complete volte face on his position on SSM when his daughter married her partner.

There is hope yet. :D

Unless Trimble's daughter is also a politician I suggest we should not comment on any aspect of her lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 67,072 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

nuac wrote: »
    Unless Trimble's daughter is also a politician I suggest we should not comment on any aspect of her lifestyle

I didn't comment on her lifestyle, I commented on David's attitude to her type of relationship.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Didn't stop him trying to throw a spanner in the works earlier this year

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110708540&postcount=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's illegal here as well...what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

What is wrong with the Unionists that they think being anti gay marriage is an acceptable position? How is this possible?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What is wrong with the Unionists that they think being anti gay marriage is an acceptable position? How is this possible?!

Wait until you hear their views on evolution, and their beliefs in creationism.

Darwin latest target of DUP as creationists challenge evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Was an 'acceptable position' to 40% of the electorate in the republic a few years ago. Just sayin'...

Advertisement