Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Back in my younger days, after a night out clubbing, I got back to the apartment I was sharing with a few people. I'd only moved in a few weeks earlier so I wouldn't have known any of them that well.

It was about 3am in the morning and I was still off my proverbial face on E.

There was no way I was going to sleep so I quietly get my headphones out of my room and selected a CD to listen to through the CD player in the living room. I popped my headphones on and turned up the volume. A couple of minutes later the living room door opens and a couple of my flatmates are standing there talking to me - except obviously I can't hear them because I'm wearing headphones and the music was blasting through my ears.

So I take off the headphones and the music actually gets even louder - I had forgot to plug the headphone jack into the CD player. My flatmates and half the apartment block had been woken up and I had a bit of explaining to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Reading oebs post just reminded me . In a posh hotel in Belfast , I got up in the middle of the night, after a few pints and the ride to go to the toilet . Opened the door outside instead in my haze.
    I was in the hallway buck naked banging on the door and bursting for a p1ss. Really bursting!
    Security came up after 20 minutes and let me in to my room. Scundered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

in Mcdonalds last year on my own extremely hungover, just a couple of days before Christmas, wearing my new shirt and jacket, thought I looked class, a woman and her daughter were staring at me,

She said 'excuse me, your shirt is on inside out and backwards'

I was actually so embarrassed hahah, always checking myself now when hungover as I can always make those silly mistakes!

And also a few years ago, I was about 16/17, standing at a shop corner waiting on a friend, in my own little world, a youth group leader I know walked past and casually said hey, how are you? Without a word I just burst out crying and had to signal her to just walk away, hahaha poor little me!

Suppose they are pretty 'lucky' embarrassing stories. Nothing major.. Yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I was sat on the bus in one of the seats directly after the middle part of the bus, so I had a space in front of me where people could stand when the bus was full.

After a few stops a young woman got on and stood in the space. Being a gentleman, I graciously offered her my seat, but she said "no thanks". Instead of accepting this, I said again that she could take my seat if she wanted, asking "Are you sure, now?" a couple of times.

Eventually I accepted that she didn't want to sit down.

A few seconds later, it dawned on me that she refused my "kind offer" due to her size, and the fact that she actually wouldn't have been able to squeeze herself in between the seat and the barrier in front of me.

I felt so bad for the fact that I'd kept on insisting it would be OK for her to take my seat, and sat for the rest of the mercifully short trip into the city centre feeling mightily embarrassed and sorry for myself.

Lady, if you're reading this, please accept my apologies :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

in Mcdonalds last year on my own extremely hungover, just a couple of days before Christmas, wearing my new shirt and jacket, thought I looked class, a woman and her daughter were staring at me,

She said 'excuse me, your shirt is on inside out and backwards'

I was actually so embarrassed hahah, always checking myself now when hungover as I can always make those silly mistakes!

And also a few years ago, I was about 16/17, standing at a shop corner waiting on a friend, in my own little world, a youth group leader I know walked past and casually said hey, how are you? Without a word I just burst out crying and had to signal her to just walk away, hahaha poor little me!

Suppose they are pretty 'lucky' embarrassing stories. Nothing major.. Yet..

How did you do the buttons up your back??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When I left college first as an engineer I first worked on servicing and repair of agricultural equipment on farms.

Often the farmer would call and see how you were going on as I could be all day.

I was clipping a piece of equipment together over head height and managed to snag both my thumbs under the retaining bar behind the knuckles.

Nothing I tried released them.

Was there for maybe 30 minutes before the farmer was walking past and I had to call him into the plant room to release me. I knew him well and he burst his hole laughing before releasing me. Thankfully long before mobile phones never mind ones with cameras.

It was lucky he was about at all. It would be regular to be on your own all day and just leave the bill Wien I was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Explain how that works? Surely it was outside?

No we were indoors. She was stroking it to get it hard but I got a bit too excited and came before she had a chance to put it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

One time I arrived at work to find I had left my laptop at home. Luckily I was able to go back and get it as I lived 20 min from my office and had flexible hours. Nobody noticed.

Another time I was listening to music with some friends when I was in college. I said Where Did You Go by The Bluetones was good but they didn't like it and said it was a stupid song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Another public toilet one, not my story but I witnessed it.

I was at a restaurant last year which was very busy, the ladies toilets were packed, que was out the door into a little corridor area where there where some disabled toilets, the corridor was also packed with people standing along both walls waiting to get into the ladies. Some people in the que went into the disabled toilets but the lock on door must of been broken because a woman who joined the que opened the door completely wide open as a woman was sitting on the loo.
    She pushed it the whole way open, walked in a bit and said 'oh sorry' walked back out then slowly closed the door behind her, the door must have been open for a good 30 seconds, the poor girl in the loo must have been mortified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

Rang a sexy chat line from my grandparents place when I was a teen. Month later we were all around having dinner and my grandad was wondering what the expensive call was that was made when he was looking at the bill. He called the number and the rest is history..

I was sat on the bus in one of the seats directly after the middle part of the bus, so I had a space in front of me where people could stand when the bus was full.

After a few stops a young woman got on and stood in the space. Being a gentleman, I graciously offered her my seat, but she said "no thanks". Instead of accepting this, I said again that she could take my seat if she wanted, asking "Are you sure, now?" a couple of times.

Eventually I accepted that she didn't want to sit down.

A few seconds later, it dawned on me that she refused my "kind offer" due to her size, and the fact that she actually wouldn't have been able to squeeze herself in between the seat and the barrier in front of me.

I felt so bad for the fact that I'd kept on insisting it would be OK for her to take my seat, and sat for the rest of the mercifully short trip into the city centre feeling mightily embarrassed and sorry for myself.

Lady, if you're reading this, please accept my apologies :o

Ive been offered a seat by men and witnessed other women being offered seats by men, ive never accepted and never witnessed any woman accepting the seat.
    I know you mean well but honestly women arent invalid, we dont need your seat, thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ive been offered a seat by men and witnessed other women being offered seats by men, ive never accepted and never witnessed any woman accepting the seat.
    I know you mean well but honestly women arent invalid, we dont need your seat, thanks though.

No we don't "need" it but it's still a lovely gesture.

How did you do the buttons up your back??

It wasn't a full shirt, a woman's kinda long flowy shirt that had about 4/5 buttons and the rest drapes down, I guarantee I just grabbed it off my dresser and threw it on over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Caught by my dad watching The Lovers Guide when I was around 12. The VHS was in the kitchen, in my defence they could have hidden it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Pregant or elderly - otherwise you can stand like the rest of us...

I would never expect anyone or a man to get up and give me a seat just because, but if they did I'd be really grateful and presume they were very gentleman like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

This is mine. I am so embarassed for angela. Italy 1 Germany 0 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Doesn’t involve me but one I still find very funny. When were in our teens we had a nightclub (function room of a rural pub) that would serve us alcohol despite being underage. This particular establishment is about 4/5 miles from the nearest town so is particularly hard to get a taxi home from. Luckily one of our friends lived about a mile away so often we would just crash at his. Anyway after a night of drinking wkd/red aftershock and trying to drop the hand down some young things thong, one of our friends stayed at our other friend’s house for the first time. This was a big rural bungalow with a long hallway with bedrooms either side. Anyway he gets up in the middle of the night for a piss and half cut goes back to the wrong bedroom. Not noticing his mistake he hops into the bed beside our friend’s da, failing to notice he’s in the wrong room. The da had to gently tell him he was in the wrong bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Jesus Christ

• Advertisement

debok wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,036 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keyzer wrote: »
    Pregnant or elderly - otherwise you can stand like the rest of us...

Bit of a minefield that one

Actually elderly can be a bit of a minefield too...

Life ain't always empty.

I offer my seat to assert myself as being tougher than the other person - young/old, male/female, doesn't matter. They don't have to accept - they just need to get the message - you need to sit down more than I do. Sometimes I do pistol squats while the vehicle is moving as a display of my muscle strength and balance.

That time I was having unprotected sex with Scarlett Johansson and got carried away and didn't pull out in time like I said I would.

Mortified...
    Bummer. It's like when you're having sex with three women, and the least beautiful of them says "Save it for me...!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

dickangel wrote: »
    Rang a sexy chat line from my grandparents place when I was a teen. Month later we were all around having dinner and my grandad was wondering what the expensive call was that was made when he was looking at the bill. He called the number and the rest is history..
    He had a **** at the dinner table?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Caught having a **** wearing friends sisters tights ffs

14 at time

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

He had a **** at the dinner table?

Yeah, and he ran up an enormous phone bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

My husband and his friends Christmas party!
    Myself and his friends partner were going to have a cigarette and we were greeted by the most loveliest man and he joined us for a chat while we smoked he introduced himself as anyone would so we thought nothing of him he starts asking genuinely nice questions about what we thought about our partners jobs,well we told him omg we told him loads then my husband came out as he smoked at the time and introduced the CEO of the company to us both.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

triona1 wrote: »
    My husband and his friends Christmas party!
    Myself and his friends partner were going to have a cigarette and we were greeted by the most loveliest man and he joined us for a chat while we smoked he introduced himself as anyone would so we thought nothing of him he starts asking genuinely nice questions about what we thought about our partners jobs,well we told him omg we told him loads then my husband came out as he smoked at the time and introduced the CEO of the company to us both.

What a prick of a thing to do.

• Advertisement

What a prick of a thing to do.
    He's quite the Marie Antoinette.

Advertisement