Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

Options
  • 14-10-2019 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Remember a few years back when I boarded a coach bus from Drogheda to Dublin to go to school. Mother loaded money into my card and promised me it'd be there. There were about 15 people at the bus stop. Got in and the driver told me I had no money on my card and I didn't have any change so I had to squish people getting out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just a thought..
    Are you the alter ego of ILoveYourVibes?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Remember a few years back when I boarded a coach bus from Drogheda to Dublin to go to school. Mother loaded money into my card and promised me it'd be there. There were about 15 people at the bus stop. Got in and the driver told me I had no money on my card and I didn't have any change so I had to squish people getting out.

THAT'S the most embarrassing moment of your life? How old are you because seriously, worse shìt than that happened to me before i was even a teenager!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think some of your threads would surpass that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Was your naughtiest moment; running through a wheat field by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

OP forgot to mention the incident in school cleaning supplies with the hoover and his penis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Congrats.. You win runner up for my Ignore list.
    You missed out only marginally to your alter ego.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Just a thought..
    :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Just a thought..

don't know who that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I thought you said you were from africa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Whilst sitting up high on a gate in glorious sunshine in Israel a tour guide I knew came by with a group of about 20 people. From the distance she clocked me, said hi and walked slowly with her back to me as she talked to the group. She asked the group to stay there while she got a bag of water and they could ask me any questions.
    The group acted a bit odd if even a little rude. No questions came my way and the people were acting shifty.

When my friend returned she thanked me and walked towards me with a nice cold bottle of water...she started to slow up as she got closer and her face took on a shocked look. "Fcuk sake!" she hissed "Your junk's hanging out of your shorts!"

I had a whole week of seeing these people after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

Some of your posts are gas

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

Wait,This is my 100th post. I’m wasting it on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Some of your posts are gas

Whose posts?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A year ago, 2 months after I got my gallbladder out, I went to fire restaurant for dinner. Lots of rich foods meant my stomach wasn't the best (anyone who has had their gallbladder removed will know this).

So post meal, decided to wander over to the Dawson lounge for a pint of Guinness. Halfway across the road, I trusted a fart that I shouldn't have. I waddle to the pub, order a Guinness and go to the Jax to tidy up. No Jax roll. What do I do? My Guinness was ready, and as I was looking forward to the pint, instood there, consuming my pint, in full knowledge I had the equivalent of a melted mars bar down my hole.

Finish the pint, post haste, and waddle off to burger king on Grafton Street to use their Jax. Wander down. Queue for 5 minutes while the one cubicle is in use. The previous chap finishes, and in I wander. No Jax roll again. Disaster.

So thinking, I decide to wander down to McDonalds. At this stage, the mars bar had turned into something akin to a mud bath and a vienetta. Held together tightly by my arse cheeks. Making a provereable chocolate diamond.

Eventually make it to McDonalds. Only the disabled toilet free. I didn't care. In I wandered and relieved myself of this goo as well as the internal rumblings that had continued. After about 10 minutes there was knocking on the door. Security guard thought I was up to something. I opened the door and obviously a poo particle wave hit his nostrils as he realised the gravitas of the situation.

That was embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A girl I was going out with once, found out I was on boards.ie

The shame of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Just a thought..

It's actually kinda sad that some members here do that.

Life must be very empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Caught having a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That was more embarrassing than some of the things you've posted about doing on your myriad of threads? Or have you forgotten what you've posted already?

My most embarrassing moment will have to go untold, as it would identify me and you'd only go looking up the old news footage and reawakening the shame.

That was more embarrassing than some of the things you've posted about doing on your myriad of threads? Or have you forgotten what you've posted already?

My most embarrassing moment will have to go untold, as it would identify me and you'd only go looking up the old news footage and reawakening the shame.

Did you slip on ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Did you need medical attention after that fall?

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote: »
    Did you need medical attention after that fall?

It didn't involve a physical fall. I'm embarrassed even thinking about it now; and those weeks of being hounded by the media.

antodeco wrote: »
    A year ago, 2 months after I got my gallbladder out, I went to fire restaurant for dinner. Lots of rich foods meant my stomach wasn't the best (anyone who has had their gallbladder removed will know this).

So post meal, decided to wander over to the Dawson lounge for a pint of Guinness. Halfway across the road, I trusted a fart that I shouldn't have. I waddle to the pub, order a Guinness and go to the Jax to tidy up. No Jax roll. What do I do? My Guinness was ready, and as I was looking forward to the pint, instood there, consuming my pint, in full knowledge I had the equivalent of a melted mars bar down my hole.

Finish the pint, post haste, and waddle off to burger king on Grafton Street to use their Jax. Wander down. Queue for 5 minutes while the one cubicle is in use. The previous chap finishes, and in I wander. No Jax roll again. Disaster.

So thinking, I decide to wander down to McDonalds. At this stage, the mars bar had turned into something akin to a mud bath and a vienetta. Held together tightly by my arse cheeks. Making a provereable chocolate diamond.

Eventually make it to McDonalds. Only the disabled toilet free. I didn't care. In I wandered and relieved myself of this goo as well as the internal rumblings that had continued. After about 10 minutes there was knocking on the door. Security guard thought I was up to something. I opened the door and obviously a poo particle wave hit his nostrils as he realised the gravitas of the situation.

That was embarrassing.

It's a pity that, at the time of writing, this is the only redeeming feature of this thread. The thread will probably be closed soon, or forgotten, and this post might find a similar fate. What a shame for your carefully constructed letter to us.

I liked the Vienetta analogy, and I liked your reliance on active verbs. In case this thread gets closed, I hope you post it again in a kindred, more hospitable thread. Might I suggest the Étiquette thread ?

Good night sir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Mother loaded money....

That's your most embarrassing moment right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

antodeco wrote: »

That was embarrassing.

Post of the year! :pac:

Most embarrassing moment for me has gotta be when I was in college. Woke late one morning for a lecture. No clean underpants, and the one I was wearing had skidmarks. So went commando. Out the door anyway and to the lecture. Half way through it, we each had to go up front and deliver a 1 minute mini talk about the topic. I went up anyway and started my go. I noticed quite quickly that many of me colleagues were laughing/stunned/pointing/etc. Was questioning wtf was going on, when I looked down and saw that little John was outside the barn door. Ah the joys of being young and in college.

It didn't involve a physical fall. I'm embarrassed even thinking about it now; and those weeks of being hounded by the media.

My interest is now piqued, you can't leave such tantalising information without giving the full story.

Do tell ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I pulled a guy over over one night working as a patrol man up by dooluth/Bemidji. He scared the crap out of me with this mystic warning about monsters and old world maps and stuff then kind of told me to go back to my car and forget about it.

I did.

Turns out he had just left the scene of a shooting where a police officer and Martin Freeman’s wife had been killed.

Later when they sent around a photo of a suspect I realized I had let him go and had to go tell my police chief about how I let a killer go because he scared me.

I was put on animal patrol where I ended up shooting another police officer in a snow storm.

Anyway I deliver the mail now.

My interest is now piqued, you can't leave such tantalising information without giving the full story.

Do tell ...
    A bit of a google might turn it up "Tent...Coypu...President....rifle....helicopter"

;)

A bit of a google might turn it up "Tent...Coypu...President....rifle....helicopter"

;)

So ... you were an American cop and flew your helicopter too low over an unruly crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dropped some child tears from my wee blondy head in front of the class after a teacher whacked my hand with a leather strap. Can't even remember what it was I did wrong.

Imagine that, someone made child-beating implements lovingly shaped out of genuine leather!

• Advertisement

I was crossing a major intersection on a windy day and my dress blew up around my head and I couldn't get it down. I was wearing cartoon drawers too. I could hear people laughing in their cars.

I called my old boss Dad in a very big and very serious meeting. I call my dad by name so I don't know where that came from.

I greeted someone I knew in a crowded shop but it was my own reflection in a mirror and loads of people overheard. :(

Not that long ago, I saw my OH coming down an escalator towards me in a shop while I was waiting for him, and I gave him the finger-guns-of-love to the heart, did a little 3 part panto of holstering the imaginary guns, then realised it wasn't him. The shame.

Should have gone to SpecSavers.

So, so many more.

Advertisement