Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

A very attractive woman in her 20s stopped me and asked about my dog during a walk around our green in my old estate. I was overweight at the time, so a bit unconfident, especially around good looking girls. Obviously I was nervous, and even more so when she got down on her hunkers in front of me, but it was just to pet the dog.

"She's sooooooo pretty," she goes, ruffling my dog's coat. "What's her name?"

"It's Molly. Say hello Molly."

A piece of me died there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Hammer89 wrote: »
    A very attractive woman in her 20s stopped me and asked about my dog during a walk around our green in my old estate. I was overweight at the time, so a bit unconfident, especially around good looking girls. Obviously I was nervous, and even more so when she got down on her hunkers in front of me, but it was just to pet the dog.

I really dont understand this post.

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Hey Melania sweetie, I remember that night too 🀗

Shhhh you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I really dont understand this post.

I told a dog to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Hammer89 wrote: »

Damn, it's a shame you weren't able to pull it off as a cheesey joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    Damn, it's a shame you weren't able to pull it off as a cheesey joke.

I say he pulled it off alright ...

I still think I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I still think I'm missing something.

Yes you are. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Myself and a friend were out for a few beers at a upscale establishment in Dublin a few years ago. We went out for cigars to the smoking room where he proceeded to let off an ungodly duck fart thinking the coast was clear. Seconds later a stunning looking lady brushed past us looking very angry and red faced. She’d been around the corner and heard and probably smelled what my mate had let off. I’m pretty sure she thought I did it and we reckon she knew the bar staff too so we just left after it. Pretty embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

I was removed from a ryanair flight flight for excessive alcohol consumption in manchester airport.

I would have been ok but for 2 facts.

1) I was wearing light blue jeans.

2) I had put a can of beer in my pocket. Which I had forgotten was opened.

Amazingly I actually managed to take my seat. I struggled to fasten my belt and the can of beer that I had forgotten about began to spill onto my crotch in such a away that made it look like i had wet myself.The trolley dolly saw what was happening and asked me to leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I was removed from a ryanair flight flight for excessive alcohol consumption in manchester airport.

I would have been ok but for 2 facts.

1) I was wearing light blue jeans.

2) I had put a can of beer in my pocket. Which I had forgotten was opened.

Amazingly I actually managed to take my seat. I struggled to fasten my belt and the can of beer that I had forgotten about began to spill onto my crotch in such a away that made it look like i had wet myself.The trolley dolly saw what was happening and asked me to leave

really living up to the Irish stereotype there;)

pgj2015 wrote: »
    really living up to the Irish stereotype there;)

Indeed. Could have been worse. I didnt kick off and only got caught for £25 for the return flight.

It could easily have turned into a night in the clink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I'm forever thankful that camera phones or social media didn't exist in my teens or 20s as if no evidence means it didn't happen. Also rarely had credit after a night out so didn't have to wake up to drunken texts.

But one moment stands out and is completely where something wasn't as it seemed. I used to live in chapel street and used to pop in to slatterys after work. There was talk of minister for justice getting rid of early house licences. Rte news came in and wanted to get views on this. Bob the owner at the time pointed them over to me as he thought I was the most respectable and make good points. I was happy to help.

So there I was in my three piece suit with a pint of Guinness in front me. Said my piece and thought I made a good case. They said it would air on the 9 o'clock news.

Then the calls and texts started. Ba5tards made it look like I was there at 7am having scoops before c
    Ourt. Anything I said made me look more guilty. Even a judge remarked before a case saying he was glad I could fit him in. Never trust the media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Some funny stories here, and I know my one won't be as ... try to keep it short.

Was out on a work related event to the French Cultural Centre: launch of the Beaujolais Nouveau for that year.
    Great evening nice food and wine; got tipsy, same were my SO and a mate of mine. But the three of us decided before leaving to "pack" few bottles in our bags (without asking anyone): I got caught, my SO ran it off - then my friend started giving out to the lady who caught me for being rude to me while I was their guest (I think he liked me at the time).
    Next day, the stress (what if our boss hears about it), the embarrassment (what was in our head); went to apologize on behalf of the three of us. My work place didn't find out anything - but 20 years later I still remember how that felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mine involved 3 other people and I am taking it to the grave. It was so many years ago but I still go red at the thought. I have said too much.
    Poor Trixie the labrador never got over it. When he sees anyone with a jar of mayonaise now he runs for the door

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've told this one before but I once farted in the gym while powerlifting.

The coach was watching.

She was also filming.

It sounded like a duck call....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I've told this one before but I once farted in the gym while powerlifting.

The coach was watching.

She was also filming.

It sounded like a duck call....

Was it more of a Crested Duck or more like a Dutch Hookbill call?heh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I ejaculated before she put the condom on.

I ejaculated before she put the condom on.

Explain how that works? Surely it was outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I had a few pints of Guinness and the next day in work I sharted! Boxers in the bin and lucky I had a belt on my trousers

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I had a few pints of Guinness and the next day in work I sharted! Boxers in the bin and lucky I had a belt on my trousers

If no one saw then not embarassing. Lucky escape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I thought you said you were from africa

Also went to school in America. Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

One time I went in for a spray tan. It was one of them places where you go into a booth the tan comes from little spray nozzles from the front then it buzzes and spray comes from nozzles behind you to do their back.

Anyway I’m male so didn’t want to be too obvious so asked for a 2 level tan.

So I got sprayed on the front then stupidly turned around when it buzzed. I got sprayed again on the front.

I was now a four on the front and a zero on the back.

So I went back in to even it out. The guy I guess who controls the spray changed the settings to suit my movements and I tried to move the opposite way and ended up being an 8 on the front and a zero on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

BDI wrote: »
    One time I went in for a spray tan. It was one of them places where you go into a booth the tan comes from little spray nozzles from the front then it buzzes and spray comes from nozzles behind you to do their back.

So I got sprayed on the front then stupidly turned around when it buzzed. I got sprayed again on the front.

So I went back in to even it out. The guy I guess who controls the spray changed the settings to suit my movements and I tried to move the opposite way and ended up being an 8 on the front and a zero on the back.

Is that you Ross?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

giphy.gif

I counted missisipily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Men get spray tanned???

Men get spray tanned???

As I was on my way to Tesco's I bumped into my mate coming out of a beautician after he got his eyebrows threaded. Surprised he hasn't posted here.

Men get spray tanned???

That’s only the half of it. One time I went on a date in leather trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

That’s only the half of it. One time I went on a date in leather trousers.

You'll be telling me next you get waxed!

hahaha....imagine!

Advertisement