Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-04-2019, 01:28   #46
PTH2009

29 single and would do anything too change it.

My friends are very touchy feely when there out and it both annoys and upsets me. They do all the kissing/hugging/cuddle bollox

I feel the ship may have sailed as im getting on in years and stuff like online dating is very hard. I keep being told go out and join clubs etc but i dont want too and id i only really be going too find a girl. I regret i never done many 1 night stands or relationships in my early/mid 20s

I hate this 'ah you will find someone when u dont expect it' stuff as its just fake talk from people who are in relationships and most likely will cut the back off you when ur not around

one day one day i will meet some please god ffs
Advertisement
03-04-2019, 01:35   #47
Yer Da sells Avon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post
I feel the ship may have sailed as im getting on in years and stuff like online dating is very hard.
29 is not, I repeat, not 'getting on in years'.
03-04-2019, 01:35   #48
Wtf ?

I loved being single until I met a girl with the mind of a bloke. By saying that I mean she never gives me girlie grief like my previous couple of relationships so this is rare. Otherwise single always and live on your own too. Being with Mammy is a cissy cop out.
03-04-2019, 03:41   #49
Noo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Doback View Post
Im married and can do pretty much whatever I want.
Exactly this. Everyone saying they love the freedom of being single. I'm in a LTR and we both pretty much do whatever we want. I go on girls holidays, nights out, enjoy all my hobbies with no one holding me back. Yes, I'll let my partner know when I have plans etc. But that's just courtesy, not asking permission. And hes the same with me. If people sacrifice all their freedoms for a relationship then they are in the wrong relationship.
03-04-2019, 04:30   #50
TimesArrow

Some really interesting posts here. I’m 37 now and have never had a real relationship. I never used to think about it much but I do quite a lot of me. In my 20s, I went out a lot And did a fair amount of scoring etc but couldn’t be bothered nowadays. Like many, Pretty much all my mates are settled with kids now. I think I’ve shied away from relationships for the fear it won’t work out. Im a pretty introverted person anyway and have always been comfortable in my own company, doing my own thing. And I tell friends I’m “open” to a relationship, but all my actions suggest I’m not, as I tend to have no real interest in dating or giving things a go. That being said, I’m moving home to ireland quite soon and would like to give dating a proper chance, as I do feel it’ll all pass me by if I don’t change the way I think about all this.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-04-2019, 06:48   #51

I like being single and I like being in a good relationship.

I'm about 7 or so months out of a LTR that was amazing for a few years but unfortunately turned nasty on his end for a year or two.

And I'm enjoying being single. I like having more free time, not having to block out days to see a partner specifically and not having to consider someone else in my decisions.

That said, in a good relationship, you WANT to do those things.

There are benefits to good relationships and being single. Being able to enjoy both is great IMO.
(3) thanks from:
03-04-2019, 06:51   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yer Da sells Avon View Post
Ah it can feel like it sometimes. When all your friends are marrying, having kids, settling down and you're still focusing on building a career and are single, you can feel like time is passing you by at a rapid pace. I'm 30 next week and have had the same thoughts tbh! But being single is nice so I don't care really when I think seriously about it.
03-04-2019, 07:52   #53
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry about that View Post
And just to add, you said women have all the power IN relationships- not when they end.
I stand by what I said
03-04-2019, 07:54   #54
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker Hot Bell View Post
No disagreement there, and there are relationships where the man is treated badly too, but it's a bit extreme to say men are better off single when plenty are happily married or in a couple, and saying "women have all the power in marriages nowadays" discounts the relationships where the woman is being treated badly.
You can't legislate against people turning out to be poor partners but when things go before the state, the woman completely has as the upper hand

Last edited by Mad_maxx; 03-04-2019 at 07:59.
Advertisement
03-04-2019, 07:55   #55
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Daniels View Post
I assumed he meant non violent relationships.
Let them push their agenda
03-04-2019, 07:59   #56
leahyl

Quote:
Yeah I was told that when I was 29 too, I’m 33 nearly 34 now, still single....please tell me I’m still “not getting on in years” :-(
(3) thanks from:
03-04-2019, 08:23   #57
Cina

I was single from about 27-30 before I met my current (and hopefully lifelong partner) and I enjoyed it, although I didn't enjoy the new age of dating, i.e. tinder, nor did I enjoy most of my friends being in relationships and not being able to just hang out and drink with them like we used to in our early twenties. What was great was the freedom to do whatever and travel wherever and generally enjoy yourself as long as you have the right mindset.

However I'm definitely a lot happier in my relationship. Being single can be good if you're positive about it but it's just not as good as being in a healthy relationship with someone you really care about and love spending time with.

I'd say the only real downside to being in a relationship vs being single in your thirties is having double the f*cking weddings to go.
Thanks from:
03-04-2019, 08:26   #58
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

I find relying on technology to meet people to be incredibly soul-destroying. Tinder and its ilk are just bleak to use. Dating sites are little better as women are so few compared to men that they put no effort in.
03-04-2019, 08:51   #59
TomasMacR
Banned

Quote:
it's not, but it can feel like it as you approach 30, the first significant milestone age of 'getting old' or thinking you are getting old. more so for women, if they haven't had children and want them or aspire to getting married. I'll probably be crucified for saying that second bit but it is true.
Thanks from:
03-04-2019, 08:53   #60
suicide_circus

the singletons doth protest too much

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size