Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

gmisk wrote: »
    People who believe in psychics/mediums, exploitation pure and simple, absolute charlatans.
    Homophobia.
    People wearing fake non prescriptions glasses.
    Beans and a fried egg together on a fry....those two food stuffs do not belong together!

Oh and English people on holiday, well some of them, they mostly have tattoos and wear England tops and read the sun

Couldnt agree more! Turns my stomach, I cant even look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Surely respect has to be earned.

If respect is earned wouldn't you already know the stuff that annoys you about the person in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

People who put their bags on train/bus seats and won’t move until someone has to ask can they sit there Ditto people who sit o the outside of the row when the inside is vacant

I have a lot of train issues

Ever think maybe said person is sitting on outside seat to allow someone have the inside as they are getting off a few stops later hence leaving it free and when person takes window seat u aren't disturbing them to get them up again five mins later more thoughtful than rude perhaps or pregnant n afraid they may need to make a quick exit ...so next time u throw an arrogant prejudge look it could be u in wrong O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Complaining about "suits" and judging people who wear them. This often comes with a hatred for middle class professionals in non-creative careers. Grow up you f**cking infantile morons.

Suits generally means bosses. Innit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

People who force their dogs/cats to be vegetarian
    Left-wing wishy-washies
    Right-wing zealots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

pburns wrote: »
    People who force their dogs/cats to be vegetarian
    Left-wing wishy-washies
    Right-wing zealots

A zealot is a zealot.

Right wing or left wing isn't relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bungalow

People who share lost teddies on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

People who bash others Religious beliefs at any chance they get. Fair enough if you don't believe but it's important to a lot of people and it isn't affecting you so why not have a bit of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who think transgender people are mentally ill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

People that define their intelligence by what programs they find entertaining. The way they go on you'd think they'd written The Wire rather than just sat on their arse and watched it. There's people that think they're a genius because they like South Park and think anyone that doesn't 'get it' is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

People that define their intelligence by what programs they find entertaining. The way they go on you'd think they'd written The Wire rather than just sat on their arse and watched it. There's people that think they're a genius because they like South Park and think anyone that doesn't 'get it' is an idiot.

I always feel a tiny bit inferior to those who watch Game of Thrones and Breaking bad etc :D you've hit the nail on the head. Oh and people who are into really obscure music and turn their nose up when you've no focking idea what they're listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

People who think the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Anti-vaxxers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

People who use the term lad to describe any male over 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Conspiracy theorists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

People who sit in the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway blundering along at 80km or less, with nothing in the left lane. I swear to Christ, if horns were replaced with machine guns, humanity would've been spared this outrage..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Anti vax conspiracy theorists. No explaining to them or showing them proof. They put others at risk with their stupidity and refuse to listen to reason. Zero respect from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

It allowed you be born.

*to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Holocaust deniers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

valoren wrote: »
    People who think the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

And berate you when you disagree by asking you for conclusive evidence. :eek: if they’d provide conclusive evidence for their opinion to the contrary then we might be onto something but that never happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Ritual genital mutilation of children.

Belief in the face of contradictory evidence.

Disliking the Alan Partridge / Black & Tans sketch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who don’t think Father Ted is funny.
    People who think OJ is innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I must get out more, I have never came across a flat earther, anti vaxxer or holocaust denier. I did know a Creationist once years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭CoBo55

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The guy who whips out the guitar in the house party and insists everyone shush for his godawful tune

Buzz killer

Do people still do that? I thought that died out in the 70's

Fans of rap music

People who bash others Religious beliefs at any chance they get. Fair enough if you don't believe but it's important to a lot of people and it isn't affecting you so why not have a bit of respect.

“I respect you as a person too much to respect your ridiculous beliefs.”

― Johann Hari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What ever happened to all the Reki healers from a decade back?

They cured everyone and went out of business - it was always going to happen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Facebook addicts.

I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for people who drink / sunbathe / generally laze about in front of their houses - that's what back gardens are for you fúcktard.
    If you don't have a back garden (which I didn't for donkeys years - go to a park)
    I don't want to see and hear either you or your flabby lady friend screaming and shouting about what exactly happened with Charleene after Jacintas christening, all the while soundtracked by the appalling faux reggae stylings UB fúcking 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Beans and a fried egg together on a fry....those two food stuffs do not belong together!

People who don't get why beans and fried eggs definitely do belong together. In fact, it should be mandatory...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

People that believe that there are more than two genders.

Biologically you're either male or female, end of story.

No problem with gay people or whatever it's the 'identify as...' bull crap.

I see that even United Airlines now have a third checkbox for intending passengers. You can be Mr , Ms or Mx !!! The can of worms that opens is that you can now most likely insist that you be searched by an 'Mx' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭pgj2015

people who post pictures of their dinner on facebook

people who dont think the UK office is funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Spiritual people bore the hell out of me.

People who spout political opinions without basic knowledge and any ability of critical thinking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fans of rap music

kanye_west_classroom_decoration_shrine_adrian_perez_yeezy_the_405_new_music_news.jpg?1441898077

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

People that believe that there are more than two genders.

Biologically you're either male or female, end of story.

No problem with gay people or whatever it's the 'identify as...' bull crap.

I see that even United Airlines now have a third checkbox for intending passengers. You can be Mr , Ms or Mx !!! The can of worms that opens is that you can now most likely insist that you be searched by an 'Mx' :D
    I am sorry but that simply isnt true.
    Intersex people are real and exist.
    Also why would you really care how does it effect you?

I do however have a problem with tits like Sam Smith deciding they are non-binary and gender fluid on a whim.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    kanye_west_classroom_decoration_shrine_adrian_perez_yeezy_the_405_new_music_news.jpg?1441898077
    OP said Rap music not crap music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

OP said Rap music not crap music

There's a difference?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

storker wrote: »
    There's a difference?

C

I do however have a problem with tits like Sam Smith deciding they are non-binary and gender fluid on a whim.

How do you know it was on a whim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Drink drivers, special place in hell.

Petrol heads. Imagine wanting to be in a car a second longer than is a absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Is “whim” a new pronoun? I’m so confused...

I watched the interview with Jameela Jamil (who I like very much) he didnt come across genuinely at all IMO, he still wants to be known as He, Him for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭CoBo55

fergus1001 wrote: »
    *to be

Or not... That is the question..

NSAman wrote: »
    Is “whim” a new pronoun? I’m so confused...
    Combination of Woman and Him....Whim.
    Please refer to me by this going forward :).

I have no issue with people identifying as whatever they want btw, I identify as a gay man, I was more talking about the Sam Smith thing in that context.
    People should be allowed to live as whoever they want, I dont see the harm.

I still find it hard to get my head around, the non-binary, gender fluid, they them thing as well, but thats up to me not the person involved obviously.

But I would say dont get pissed off if I mistake you for him/her when the person wants to be referred to as they, how the hell am I meant to know! (that actually happened to me before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Brazenly hoching and spitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Calling anyone you don't agree with a "snowflake" or a "libtard".

If you have an argument, make it, don't just resort to namecalling...

I watched the interview with Jameela Jamil (who I like very much) he didnt come across genuinely at all IMO, he still wants to be known as He, Him for example.

I like her very much too, I would be quite happy to donate my gender fluid to her.;)

I like her very much too, I would be quite happy to donate my gender fluid to her.;)
    FILTH!

ha love it.

She is absolutely stunning no doubt about that, plus hilarious in the good place (which also sounds like an innuendo.....)

I also really like how she calls out all the detox tea instagram tools as well.

I've never actually seen the good place -is it any use?

She seems like a bit of craic on celebrity juice and things like that - and she is so god damn hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I like how she was hit by a car while being chased by a bee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement