Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of soccer kicks either although funnily enough I'm in favour if allowing knees to a downed opponent.

Partly to avoid the nonsense of making a knee illegal but placing your hand on the ground but in general I think it's a more valid technique on the ground rather than just being a killer shot to an already unconscious opponent.

Think to me the difference in the two is if you have time to get up and soccer kick someone they are already done, but knees to the head an opponent could be turtled up in N/s and he knows he is safe from taking major damage and just needs to guard your hips/arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Cage Warriors live on Setanata Sports from 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Cage Warriors live on Setanata Sports from 9pm.

Also on fight pass!

Jack Shaw looked class there, total domination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Did Charlie Ward win?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Did Charlie Ward win?

Havnt a clue can't seem to find the results for the event he's on, there was a class video package of McGregor just show for his buildup to the Buchinger fight it was class.

Yeah I seen it there absolute garbage standard this cage warriors I went and walked the dog when that spanish chap was fighting.

Yeah I seen it there absolute garbage standard this cage warriors I went and walked the dog when that spanish chap was fighting.

Yeah the standard isn't great, kilt time before 199 though !

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah the standard isn't great, kilt time before 199 though !

Yeah thats it,the commentary is garbage aswell ring announcer included,

Im starting to coffee load for tonight its gonna be a late one.

That was shocking

Edit - yeah I take that back after the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Weird end to the main event there, did look like 2 taps to be fair.

That was gas 100% tapped to nothing there,cant blame the ref looking at the replay.

Worst voice on the planet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did Charlie Ward win?

He won by decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't know how I missed this, but I see Frans Mlambo got KO'd over in Japan a few months ago. :eek: I'm surprised at that.

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't know how I missed this, but I see Frans Mlambo got KO'd over in Japan a few months ago. :eek: I'm surprised at that.

I was listening to him recently in an interview he done with severe, give it a listen it's two or three weeks old. He took it great and will get stronger, seems to be struggling to get opponents.

I was listening to him recently in an interview he done with severe, give it a listen it's two or three weeks old. He took it great and will get stronger, seems to be struggling to get opponents.

I see he's matched up with Luke Ord at Made 4 The Cage in Newcastle at the end of this month. Ord is 3-0 with all 3 of his wins coming via submission. Should be a good fight. Hopefully Frans will get the job done.

He got raped in that fight in japan I remember watching it was in a ring he just got taken down and grappled ****ed,good experience all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

He got raped in that fight in japan I remember watching it was in a ring he just got taken down and grappled ****ed,good experience all the same.

Any video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Any video?

There is but its awful pixelated.

Koscheck out of his Bellator London fight with Daley, have to say im not surprised in the slightest he was going to get his face rearranged. Lima in v Daley now winner gets Koreshkov who squashed Lima alreayd and Ben Henderson.

Lima Daley is a pretty good fight ****ing love Semtex Daley rd 1 v nick diaz one of my favourite in mma.

Lima Daley is a pretty good fight ****ing love Semtex Daley rd 1 v nick diaz one of my favourite in mma.

Hes a decent lad aswell, met him after his Siam Warriors show! So many good fights for him would love to get him back in the UFC but hes getting paid well enough in Bellator that i dont think he would go back if offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Not a week seems to go by recently without more bad news :(
    Former Bellator MMA and Legacy Fighting Championship talent Ivan Cole reportedly shot and killed himself in a Dallas apartment on Saturday.

According to a post on CBS DFW’s Facebook page, Cole allegedly killed himself while playing Russian roulette. No further details regarding the incident were immediately available.

A statement on the Dallas Police Department’s website confirms that Ivan Robert-Earnest Cole was found dead after officers responded to a shooting at the 13700 block of Montfort Drive at approximately 7:31 a.m. local time. Cole was 25 years old.

“The death of Mr. Cole will be classified as an unexplained death pending the results of the autopsy,” the statement read.

A native of New Orleans, Cole compiled a 2-3 MMA record over the course of a career that began in 2012. He competed once for Legacy FC, losing a split decision to Evan Martinez in August 2012 and once for Bellator, suffering a first-round submission loss to George Pacurariu on March 27, 2015 in what turned out to be Cole’s last fight.
    Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/MMA-Fighter-Ivan-Cole-Found-Dead-Reportedly-Killed-Himself-Playing-Russian-Roulette-106303#07EgdAFlP7m17gcy.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

The main card of EFC 50 will be live here soon, one fight left on the undercard. Cian Erraught from SBG is making his pro debut in the first fight on the main card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Simply Red wrote: »
    The main card of EFC 50 will be live here soon, one fight left on the undercard. Cian Erraught from SBG is making his pro debut in the first fight on the main card

Nothin happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nothin happening
    Live now

fun fight,terrible cardio from both fighters dead after a round.

this is from muay thai but its so hideous I think its worthy of the post.

This gash rivals BJ Penn on Diego Sanchez, Belfort on Marvin Eastman and Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct

ClVeoQJXIAAgUpe.jpg

Its so deep you can nearly see what he's thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    Its so deep you can nearly see what he's thinking

• Advertisement

This suggested Dylan Tuke against Paddy Pimblett. Both of them have been slabbering at eachother for last few hours lol its turned into who has more twitter followers right now tho :rolleyes::D

https://twitter.com/BashBrosMMA/status/745277500314558465

you need to click on it to read it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I haven't heard of that BashBrothers page before. I see that are from dublin. I'd assume they are just naming dropping an [SBG fighter] vrs another known fighter from the UK and Ireland to get coverage.

Would be an awful match up for Dylan right now.

Pretty good bellator card on right now,Mittrione just won there in a crazy first round win got dropped nearly finished and came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Things I learned from Bellator:

Despite the fact that Mitrione said he passed all his medical tests, it is incredibly stupid on Coker/Bellator's part to force a fighter into a quick turnaround fight having been nailed very early on in the fight.

Given what happened to Kimbo, have they not leaned on the side of caution? Outrageous.

---

Michael Chandler looked incredible. Best he's ever been I reckon.

---

How any judge scored that fight for Rampage (a 30-27?? Really??? Christ) is beyond me.

Ishii had him on his back for nearly two solid rounds.

---

I used to like Bellator but they're turning into such a farce now. They have some great talent but they are shítting all over them in favour of these pointless and over the top events involving fighters past their prime.

I'm sure Spike/Viacom are pushing some sort of agenda to boost ratings etc but their morals and seemingly lack of fighter safety will be the death of them.

CWFC77_Fishgold_boussif-400x_poster.jpg

Chris Fishgold
    VS
    Adam Boussif

Paddy Pimblett
    VS
    Teddy Violet

Boubacar Balde
    VS
    Darren Stewart

Scott Clist
    VS
    Tim Wilde

Tom Green
    VS
    Brad Wheeler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

califano wrote: »
    CWFC77_Fishgold_boussif-400x_poster.jpg

Chris Fishgold
    VS
    Adam Boussif

Paddy Pimblett
    VS
    Teddy Violet

Boubacar Balde
    VS
    Darren Stewart

Scott Clist
    VS
    Tim Wilde

Tom Green
    VS
    Brad Wheeler

Is this on tv anywhere? Usually Setanta would show it but now that they have changed to Eir Sports it's not on the listing.

KJ wrote: »
    Is this on tv anywhere? Usually Setanta would show it but now that they have changed to Eir Sports it's not on the listing.

It will be on fight pass if you have that.

It will be on fight pass if you have that.

Do they usually stick Cage Warriors shows in the On Demand section?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do they usually stick Cage Warriors shows in the On Demand section?

There's only have 75 up which was the first event they showed, I'm not sure if there going to get any of the previous ones up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

This thread is going to blow up when Jones if found guilty and signs.

Cage Warriors is gonna be shown on BT Sport 2 on Friday night.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Cage Warriors is gonna be shown on BT Sport 2 on Friday night.

Great news! Hopefully its an indication that BT are expanding their MMA content and will renew with the UFC too

I see its on later than usual at 10pm, pandering to the US audience no doubt. Ill let them off with it this onest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Yay cage warriors!

Cannot stand Pimblett. What a tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Paully D wrote: »
    Cannot stand Pimblett. What a tosser.

First time seeing him. Not a fan. Weighed in at 152 :eek:

Decent BJJ though

Lads whats the best way to watch the bellator card the weekend ? The spike TV guide only has it on from 21:00-22:00 ?

Channel 5 from 10 p.m – midnight

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    Channel 5 from 10 p.m – midnight

i suppose i better retune my channel 5 so :P

Advertisement