Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Art/Craft Stores and supplies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

Yeah, I used to use hairspray, but I dont think it does work as well. I did loads of charcoal stuff back in the day, and used hairspray - but when I was looking over my old stuff I noticed that the charcoal was still smudging! So now I used the fixitive... but probably nothing ever really sticks the dust to the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buddygit

Anybody know where I can get mosaic tiles to do a project for a table I will need a lot of colours, went to my local tile shop not a bit helpful. I would have to buy everything by the box, I know there are a lot in the UK but shipping is really expensive. So any suppliers of tesserae in Ireland or Northern Ireland would be great. Hope I posted this in the right place.icon11.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mazdawx

I am looking to make my own wedding invites, can anyone tell me the best craft store to go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

Try Daintree on Camden St, Dublin for gorgeous handmade paper.

MOD: Website no longer active (14/01/21)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 I.P. Freely

Hobby arts and crafts in galway is good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 I.P. Freely

Actually the four corners can be good in shop st. too

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Mosaic tiles??- Inspiring Ideas :D loads of colours all in individual packets and all the glues to stick 'em too..

Wedding invites?? - Inspiring Ideas, they have thoes long armed stapler things too, and all the ribbon etc..

sory Inspiring Ideas is one of the few craft shops I know someting about xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lewisevans777

mardybum wrote: »
    Yeah, I used to use hairspray, but I dont think it does work as well. I did loads of charcoal stuff back in the day, and used hairspray - but when I was looking over my old stuff I noticed that the charcoal was still smudging! So now I used the fixitive... but probably nothing ever really sticks the dust to the page.

'Firm hold' spray seems OK. But often it's the ghastly perfume that puts me off - especially on the cheap ones! :eek:

I'm in Dalkey. I have found Appletons, but I wondered if there are other places that might be good (and artist-friendly!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Just wonering is Evans still in town and still cheap??Making sure before I go out next wednesday.

• Advertisement

Padman wrote: »
    Just wonering is Evans still in town and still cheap??Making sure before I go out next wednesday.

Well, I'm in town, but I'm trying not to be cheap. But I guess you are not talking about me. I'd like to know about cheap supplies as well.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 philcheetham

am looking to get a small stencil of a flower - suitable to paint onto stones about 12cm by 12cm.

Can anyone help? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Anyone know where to source good soap moulds? Preferably silicone or latex rubber.... I'm ordering from the UK and cannot find one single Irish supplier and surely there are some?

Anyone into Melt & Pour soapmaking either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TreeHeart

I don't know about proper moulds, but Ikea and other homeware depts sell silicone, chocolate/ice moulds in some pretty funky shapes. I myself bought heart and rolo kind of shapes :)

I am looking for a shop that sells cotton shopping bags for sewing/printing in Dublin/Kildare, anybody know of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I go to the Crafter's Basket in Cliffoney in Co. Sligo for most of my supplies. They've fabrics, wools, paper embellishments, ribbon, loads of stuff, and if there's something in particular you need that they don't have they'll do their best to get it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 topogina1977

snorlax wrote: »
    www.ebay.com and the irish version: www.ebay.ie often sell crazy/ wacky things if there's anything your looking for in particular that isn't available in the stores (and it's 2nd hand so prices won't be too high, although expect to pay higher delivery costs if its from the US), make sure to keep refining your searches on the site.

websites for stores already mentioned

I shopped on Cork Art Supplies website and they are great, products have good quality and they came in a couple of days. I didnt know they had a shop too? You mean Prince's Street in Dublin? Whereabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 buddygit

Stinjy wrote: »
    Mosaic tiles??- Inspiring Ideas :D loads of colours all in individual packets and all the glues to stick 'em too..

Wedding invites?? - Inspiring Ideas, they have thoes long armed stapler things too, and all the ribbon etc..

sory Inspiring Ideas is one of the few craft shops I know someting about xD

thanks Stinjy - must head off to Dublin so.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Don't know if this has been posted before. Apologies if it has.

RJ Mooney on the Longmile Rd.

Good for leather for anyone that's into leathercraft. They do full hides, cut to measure etc.

Mod, will I put in the tel no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Glad to be of help Buddygit! :P and Topogina1977 I see you have quoted a post by snorlax, Just to confirm to you all Inspiring Ideas in Stepehen's green no longer exists.. Just so ye all don't go looking for it.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mellyzeb

Hi,

I know it's been mentioned but I think it deserves a bigger plug. I'm based in Dublin and always order online with Cork Art Supplies, they have great deals, delivery is unbelievably fast and if there is any problem at all they phone you to let you know and sort it out. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lollie22

www.craftyangels.ie is a new online craftstore in ireland and they have fab new stuff. I ordered from them yesterday and recieved my order first thing this morning. Along with a cute hand made gift.

Check them out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Evans School supplies , have a new shop on the n2, where the n2 meets m50.
    Northern Cross Bus Pk, Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

The Premier Art & Craft Store in Greystones and Bray - They have Art Supplies including a massive Easel and Canvas showroon upstairs in the Greystones shop - they also stock a good range of crafts, school supplies, office supplies, toys and balloons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

See their website www.theyarnroom.com
    They have an incredible selection of wool/yarn and accessories and now Stephanie is opening a shop in Ashford Co.Wicklow tomorrow!!
    I think it's open Sat & Sun every weekend.
    I am baking a cake this minute to bring down to the opening!

Will update tomorrow after I have been there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

AmyMarston wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I thoroughly recommend this website for designer linen tea towels

They have Irish themed as well as cats and dogs designs which I love. I have been making cushion covers with them.

Amy.

yeah they do look lovely and carry a good range but I think at almost £5 + postage for a tea towel is pushing it a little !!

Hi. I am actually looking for a really good fine art supplies shop in Dublin - not crafts, but top of the range oils (Old Holland and stuff like that) great pastels (Senellier and Unison)and big, well made canvases. Anything like that here?

I'm looking for some acrylic rods that I can cut to size. About half inch diameter. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rushem

Hi can anyone recommend an Irish based supplier of materials for soap and candlemaking. I have seen some fabulous american sites but they won't ship to Ireland. How frustrating is that!

Does anyone use The Arts Materials Company? I called them and got no reply, but they seem to have wonderful stock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I agree those stores are fine, Evans or O'sullivans (on a discount day) are the places to go, ive noticed now ive seen some bulk acrylic and cheaper brand supplies surrfacing in these stores, are there any stalls who sell cheap from england? theres a man who does this at IADT every so often and I cant believe how cheap pens,sketchbooks are..compared to Easons :rolleyes:

Advertisement