Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art/Craft Stores and supplies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CardzNScrapz

Caros wrote: »
    If you place a comment in the comment section of Cork Art Supplies/Cardznscrapz saying you've placed an order on both sites they only charge the one p&p. Great service that way.

As Caros mentioned, place this in the comments section and we will combine the two and charge the one shipping price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

has anyone used fabric from IKEA? how did you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davidwillson

Lakeland Limited do some really nice stuff and a lot of it is REALLY cheap.
    Only thing is they are based in the UK, so currency conversion/shipping might add up if you were buying a lot. Nice selection though.
    Lakeland is fab - I devour their catalogues - home stuff too. Their attention to detail and genuine respect for the customer sets them aside from other companies.

They have lots of shops in the UK, so I stock up when over and avoid the postage, even though it's great for amil order of heavy things, cos based on order value rather than weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

hi guys and gals, not usually in here, but im on a mission to find a large blank canvas.

i need something about 5 foot wide. basically as big as possible, for as little as possible.

yea yea....i know, i know. if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

some more galway shops

http://feanorcraftsgalway.blogspot.com/
    lovely little craft shop in bohermore

http://www.whoseview.ie/business/Powells-The-Four-Corners-Art-and-Music-Galway-City-Galway-143703.html
    powells art supplies upstairs over music shop
    great selection and much cheaper than art and hobby who seem to be more of a toy shop these days

MOD: Both websites no longer active (14/01/21)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

where's the best place to get Fimo clay?

anyone know the best place to get ribbon in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Sera wrote: »

Staedtler is the company that sells Fimo. If you contact them, they should be able to tell you who your nearest retailer is.
    Here's a link for a list of their stockists, and their own details if you need to contact them directly: http://www.staedtler.co.uk/stockists_uk.Staedtler?ActiveID=23866

If you don't need that specific brand, there are other brands available: Sculpey, Urdo, etc.

Staedtler is the company that sells Fimo. If you contact them, they should be able to tell you who your nearest retailer is.
    Here's a link for a list of their stockists, and their own details if you need to contact them directly: http://www.staedtler.co.uk/stockists_uk.Staedtler?ActiveID=23866

If you don't need that specific brand, there are other brands available: Sculpey, Urdo, etc.
    thanks very much, actually don't but it's just I haven't used anything else, have you used Sculpey or Urdo before?

I've used Sculpey and it's pretty much the same as classic Fimo (Fimo Soft is less crumbly).
    I haven't tried Urdo but I know someone who has and they say there isn't a big difference working with it - it's slightly cheaper but doesn't come in as many colours.

• Advertisement

I've used Sculpey and it's pretty much the same as classic Fimo (Fimo Soft is less crumbly).
    I haven't tried Urdo but I know someone who has and they say there isn't a big difference working with it - it's slightly cheaper but doesn't come in as many colours.
    Really? I'll look into those instead of the Fimo I think, probally the Urdo if it's cheaper, thanks again ~

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

i wanna make infused liquor as a present for some1 for christmas and i was wondering if any1 knows where to get any glass bottles...single 1s preferably but dont mind getting a few if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

@CardzNScrapz and @Caros

Thanks a million for the advice :)

I know my reply is a bit late but this is definitely good news!

bradyle wrote: »
    i wanna make infused liquor as a present for some1 for christmas and i was wondering if any1 knows where to get any glass bottles...single 1s preferably but dont mind getting a few if needs be

Depends on what you are looking for... I wouldn't mind scouting around second hand shops or ebay for a nice vintage bottle.

If you want to go the quick and easy route you could just go to the supermarket and have a look around for a nice bottle, empty/decant the contents into something else and remove the labeling.

I'd soak the bottle in warm water and dish washing liquid for a while. Then rub off the labels. I'd remove any residue with any of the following: an eraser, nail varnish remover, baby oil/vaseline, mayonnaise, aftershave or perfume. If any of those fail (yet to happen with me) then you can buy stuff, I'm not 100% sure but I think I seen something on Cork Art Supplies. If you give them a bell they'll be able to tell you.

Then give the bottle a good wash and leave to dry.

Is this any help?

Sera wrote: »

I just happened to spot this tonight and thought it might be useful for you. They are having a sale at the moment.

Also from your Ribbon query you sound like you're in Cork. Have you tried corkartsupplies.com? They have a considerable collection, they also do web only offers so if you are local to them you might still want to check the website - then skip on postage and nip in and collect it yourself! :D

neelyohara wrote: »
    I just happened to spot this tonight and thought it might be useful for you. They are having a sale at the moment.

Also from your Ribbon query you sound like you're in Cork. Have you tried corkartsupplies.com? They have a considerable collection, they also do web only offers so if you are local to them you might still want to check the website - then skip on postage and nip in and collect it yourself! :D
    Thanks so much, you're so thoughtful :3
    I am yeah, I was down a few times, I didn't think of actually getting the web offer and collecting it, durrrh!
    I saw a place on eBay actually doing a set of 10 Fimo pieces for 8 + shipping but it was like €10/€11 together anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shto

Hey - Can anyone tell me somewhere (preferably in Dublin) to buy a Chinese Calligraphy set? I've seen some online, but shipping time is too long, I need it for Xmas - any suggestions appreciated !

How about this? This is an excellent Dublin store, I've used them before and am a happy customer!

Now if you want to go online I'd recommend Cork Art Supplies... they do some fantastic sets: clicky and clicky.

Their delivery is really good and if you order early in the day you can almost guarantee to have delivery by the next day. If you are really pushed about getting it asap I'd give the guys down there a call, there is every chance they'd be happy expedite the shipping if you are willing to pay (but honestly, their delivery times are excellent).

Hope that helps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BuddyBassett

:D Hey guys and girls!! Im reeeeealy stuck! I have been online all night and cannott find an Irish supplier of Sculpey!! Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it and if I can buy it online within Ireland? I cant find anyone and Im losing my mind!!!! Thank you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sig53

I also found this link. it seems likely you will have to order it from Britain. It's so hard to get special art material in Ireland. I have to send away to USA to get kitchen wax paper used to pick up loose gold leaf.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090428103309AANrykD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BuddyBassett

Thanks sig53 :) That stuff in Cork Supplies isnt what Im looking for, I found a seller on ebay so I think Ill just have to pony up the extra dough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marylise2

Arts & Crafts, and other activities to engage your child’s creative side. Design your own treasure box, make fabulous jewelry,

MOD: Website no longer active (14/01/21)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

marylise2 wrote: »
    Arts & Crafts, and other activities to engage your child’s creative side. Design your own treasure box, make fabulous jewelry,

Just to note that this is a US site and therefore any orders would be subject to customs etc. There is no mention on the site of delivery outside of the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 beata

www.Craftemall.com - it's a new Irish website selling jewellery making supplies. Great for people looking for unique sterling silver supplies, Bali beads and lampwork beads.

MOD: Website no longer active (14/01/21)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

I buy a lot from http://corkartsupplies.com/ and I normally receive my order within two days or so.

:D Hey guys and girls!! Im reeeeealy stuck! I have been online all night and cannott find an Irish supplier of Sculpey!! Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it and if I can buy it online within Ireland? I cant find anyone and Im losing my mind!!!! Thank you!!!

Ooh ooh ooh! Send a message to Treasurebin, she's based in Letterkenny and uses Sculpey so she might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement

sig53 wrote: »
    I also found this link. it seems likely you will have to order it from Britain. It's so hard to get special art material in Ireland. I have to send away to USA to get kitchen wax paper used to pick up loose gold leaf.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090428103309AANrykD

Are you talking about 'freezer paper' by any chance? This mysterious substance that Americans always seem to have to hand but we don't appear to need!

If it is I have a link somewhere for an Irish supplier. It's handy stuff for sewing, painting, etc.

Advertisement