Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art/Craft Stores and supplies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lizzy

If anyone is in Blanchardstown to go to Inspiring Ideas, make sure you go across the road to the centre & check out Mr. Price. They have a whole aisle of art & craft supplies, including paints, canvas, paper, etc. They do alot of kid's stuff and a small section of (cheap) stuff for cardmaking. You can get a pack of blank cards for €2, a "fancy paper" selection for €1 and assorted card/paper packs for about €3. I also got double sided tape for 50c!

They don't have any specific craft items, but for the basics it's the cheapest I have found anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lego101

hi guys ! i found this site from england with cheap paint ! i got some to try and i think its really good :) its kinda like montanna bu its only 2.40 a can !! i think it would help people because paint is prety expensive here :/ and the guy who owns it is really nice and helpfull :) hope this helps :) its www.monstercolors.com they have a facebook too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Anyone have any suggestions for origami paper online?
    Needs to be good value... It is just paper after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prune67

Hi
    Anyone know where I could get small amounts of wood in the Dublin area (western red ceder and some hardwoods) I make Intarsia wood items ?.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sprocket1978

neelyohara wrote: »
    Are you talking about 'freezer paper' by any chance? This mysterious substance that Americans always seem to have to hand but we don't appear to need!

If it is I have a link somewhere for an Irish supplier. It's handy stuff for sewing, painting, etc.

Hi there, i was just wondering if you had that link for the suppliers of freezer paper in Ireland, i am having a nightmare trying to source the stuff for stenciling classes?? This would be a life saver???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Hi All

I'm looking for a paste that has a slightly uneven (sandy texture) can be used on loads of different materials and things can be stuck in and it can be painted. Something like in this link but they don't deliver to Ireland. (http://gonis.de/produkte/tischdeko/reliefpaste/). I'm sure corkartsupplies.com has something in stock but can some one maybe give me a product name? Thanks a mill for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

There are various brands available, like Aleene's Design Paste or other 3D pastes - but maybe they're not identical to what you want?

thanks for that TreasureBin. Don't think that's it. Rather pricey for what I need to do too. I think I may try Pollyfiller. I've still plenty of time to complete my little project!:D

happydayz8 wrote: »
    thanks for that TreasureBin. Don't think that's it. Rather pricey for what I need to do too. I think I may try Pollyfiller. I've still plenty of time to complete my little project!:D

I've done different projects with a tub of grouting plaster and it worked quite well. Can be coloured with acyrlic paints before or after. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prune67

The stuff you need is Exterior polyfilla ,,
    Its sandy and is the colour of cement ,also you can paint it any colour you want. !

• Advertisement

great idea Prune67 - looks exactly like what I need. So I'll get started. Don't shoot me - it's for Christmas!:o But if it turns out well I'll post a pic for you in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

Anyone know where I could find stuffing/polyfil for cushions and pillows? I need a few bags at least and haven't seen it around lately. (Cork area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 guzzle

dose anyone know if there are any night classes in drawin/painting in galway city.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HtoTheHIZZAY

Would anybody know where to get a backpack that would fit an a3 sketchbook (amongst other things like binders notebooks etc.)? It's hard to get one with the right dimensions. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

Just want to recommend this wonderful site. It operates much like eBay but their insertion fees are considerably lower and their support is magnificent.

If you want to bring your business/creations to a global audience I would urge you to spend time browsing their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Need to repair her handbag and require decorative rivet-type fasteners for binding a leather strap around a brass d-ring. Any specific suppliers in Dublin for this kind of thing? Thanks for any tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janja93

Where do people think the best / cheapest place to buy canvas in dublin or online is?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

Anybody know of any stockists in Ireland, online or bricks and mortar of Loew Cornell brushes? I've had no luck but fingers crossed...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mccarre4

I have used these guys when in college for making my models. They stock most stuff needed by architecture students, except grey card. Very quick delivery, www.balsa-wood.net.

MOD: Website no longer active (14/01/21)

Anyone know an online shop for grey card?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Great thread - just discovered it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Looking for a pottery wheel has anyone got one for sale ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Still looking for a electric pottery wheel and kiln

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Does anyone know a shop that stocks Pentel goods? I'm looking for the Pentel pocket brush pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

megaten wrote: »
    Does anyone know a shop that stocks Pentel goods? I'm looking for the Pentel pocket brush pen.

The one for holding water? Reads on Nassesu has Pentel for sure. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Cork_girl wrote: »
    The one for holding water? Reads on Nassesu has Pentel for sure. Where are you based?

It's like that one except it takes ink cartages. I'm in Lucan so I'll check there next time in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

megaten wrote: »
    It's like that one except it takes ink cartages. I'm in Lucan so I'll check there next time in town.

Yup I got that one there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Ok, I was looking for wicks so I can use the old buts of candles I have to make new candles, thrifty right?

So any ideas on where I may be able to buy some or if any of you guys have any home-made solutions fire away.

I am in the Limerick/Clare area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Does anyone know where I'd get a piece of cream leather about 4 feet x 2 feet?
    Is there a place in Dublin that sells this kind of thing?

Cheers

Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Please help!!! I had sourced 100m of white bunting for a country wedding on Amazon but when I went to check out-they wouldn't ship to Ireland!
    Now I know they seem to have a problem with books, DVD's and electrical
    goods-but material bunting!???
    So, does anyone know how to get around this or if t is available here at a really good price?:confused:

• Advertisement

little ma wrote: »
    Please help!!! I had sourced 100m of white bunting for a country wedding on Amazon but when I went to check out-they wouldn't ship to Ireland!
    Now I know they seem to have a problem with books, DVD's and electrical
    goods-but material bunting!???
    So, does anyone know how to get around this or if t is available here at a really good price?:confused:

Amazon does send stuff to Ireland but if you're buying from a third party, it would depend on that individual where they want to send stuff to.

Just spotted this one on Ebid: http://ie.ebid.net/for-sale/metres-feet-white-wedding-party-cotton-bunting-handmade-jubilee-wedding-63983276.htm

Advertisement