Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

I have 2 FTs and want to get Sterking (assuming he makes it back from his hols). Could get Ings while I'm at it for a -4 or otherwise will start Soucek which might be a fun punt.

Option 1 (Rash > Solanke, Bruno > Raz) gives me:
    Martinez
    TAA Doc Aurier (VVD Ngakia)
    Mo KDB Mahrez Raz Soucek
    Greenwood Jimi (Solanke)

Option 2 (Rash > Ings, VVD > Pieters, Bruno > Raz for a -4) gives me:
    Martinez
    TAA Doc Aurier (Pieters Ngakia)
    Mo KDB Mahrez Raz (Soucek)
    Ings Greenwood Jimi

ANy thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fitz* wrote: »
    I wonder are City having their 2 day rest now, ready to come back refreshed some-bit and treat Norwich as a warm up game before a hard 10 days training before the CL starts up again.

Yeah sounds like it
    Through in Silva’s last appearance and it’s has the feel of a testimonial/pre season friendly
    Norwich might even score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds like it
    Through in Silva’s last appearance and it’s has the feel of a testimonial/pre season friendly
    Norwich might even score!

Plus it's Norwichs last premier league match for at least a season.some of them might actually try to make a game of it to get a transfer back to a premier league club.

City with an eye on Champions League match..
    Possibility of a shock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

daheff wrote: »
    Plus it's Norwichs last premier league match for at least a season.some of them might actually try to make a game of it to get a transfer back to a premier league club.

Possibility of a shock?

September 2019 and it was 3-2 to Norwich in the smae fixture so maybe a Norwich win over a nothing to play for Man City might not be that much of a shock.

All this talk about Man. City rotation and the fact they will probably be playing it like a training game makes me think I'll bank this weeks free transfer. :pac:

Currently have:

McCarthy
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Doherty
    De Bruyne, Fernandes, Martial, Antonio
    Vardy, Kane(c), Greenwood

Not sure who I would want to drop for the last game and options to bring in all look like having a reasonable shot at a one pointer or blank. Aurier might be an option for Doherty but Doherty got 12 points last week and could do similar against that leaky Chelsea defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

macraignil wrote: »
    September 2019 and it was 3-2 to Norwich in the smae fixture so maybe a Norwich win over a nothing to play for Man City might not be that much of a shock.

All this talk about Man. City rotation and the fact they will probably be playing it like a training game makes me think I'll bank this weeks free transfer. :pac:

Currently have:

McCarthy
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Doherty
    De Bruyne, Fernandes, Martial, Antonio
    Vardy, Kane(c), Greenwood

Not sure who I would want to drop for the last game and options to bring in all look like having a reasonable shot at a one pointer or blank. Aurier might be an option for Doherty but Doherty got 12 points last week and could do similar against that leaky Chelsea defense.

Not sure where you are in relation to leagues etc. but surely you need to have Burnley defensive cover at the very least as a blocker. I am going double Burnley defense to be honest and didn't really give it a second thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Possibility of a shock?
    33/1 for Norwich to win, I agree with you, it's setup for a shock

Shedite27 wrote: »

I'm always shocked when I check my online account and there is no money in it as well.

Man City's ladies team would beat this Norwich team who are a collection of broken men at this stage who just want the season to end. Playing against a selection that alll 11 players will be fighting for a place in the Champions League 11. City will pump them its just a question of which 11 get the go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭COH

26 point lead in my main league and 1FT .. we have 6 of the same players (Fernandes/Martial/Greenwood/TAA/KDB/Vardy) the rest is (mine VS his)

Martinez V Pope
    Mane V Salah
    Doherty V O'Connel
    Saiss V Boly
    Ings V Jimenez

Not sure how to play it... I could do Mane > Salah as a blocker but seems kind of boring. A -12 sounds like much more fun to shoehorn in the likes of Antonio/Dilva etc.

Damn it
    Charlie Taylor out injured again

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Not sure where you are in relation to leagues etc. but surely you need to have Burnley defensive cover at the very least as a blocker. I am going double Burnley defense to be honest and didn't really give it a second thought.

Not playing for anything in particular at this stage of the season as it went so poorly from the start. Well clear at the top in a small league with a few friends. I agree Burnley defense is a good option but at the same time I think Brighton have been playing well and would not be fully convinced of a Burnley clean sheet. Thinking my current defenders at least have some chance of attacking returns. Pieters would be an option alright and he did well for me earlier on the season before he lost his place in the team for a while but still fancy my own current defenders to get a goal or an assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think I'm gonna do Vardy to Jesus with my final transfer leaving me with this:

McCarthy(or Martinez)
    TAA Maguire Boly
    Dilva(C) Foden Salah Bruno
    Jesus Auba Rashford

Been a forgettable FPL season but hopefully can finish it on a high note

manual_man wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna do Vardy to Jesus with my final transfer leaving me with this:

McCarthy(or Martinez)
    TAA Maguire Boly
    Dilva(C) Foden Salah Bruno
    Jesus Auba Rashford

Been a forgettable FPL season but hopefully can finish it on a high note

I think I would sell Foden and keep Vardy tbh

I feel like my final (possibly ever ) transfer should be bringing Siggy in ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    I think I would sell Foden and keep Vardy tbh
    I can see Foden doing damage even if he comes on as a sub. Man U will probably set up defensively as they need a point to guarantee top 4. Alternatively I could do Maguire to Mendy. Just 0.2 in the bank so just enough to do either move.

manual_man wrote: »
    I can see Foden doing damage even if he comes on as a sub. Man U will probably set up defensively as they need a point to guarantee top 4. Alternatively I could do Maguire to Mendy. Just 0.2 in the bank so just enough to do either move.

Not convinced they know how to, their change in fortunes has been all down to the more attacking approach. No doubt it will be a funny game with so much at stake and anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is Mahrez a better option than Dilva if both start?

Is Ings worth a -4 to start ahead of Jimi or Greenwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Did Pep say anything about Sterling in the press conference??

Did Pep say anything about Sterling in the press conference??

No
    Everyone fit except aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Fairly settled on my FH team. But have an option of;

Martial and Kane Or

Son & Aubameyang

1st option means I have no Arsenal players. 2nd option means I have Arsenal and Spurs but only Greenwood for United. 1st option would allow me upgrade Lamptey to Aurier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AirGuitarist

4 points from top of my mini-league, any advice is welcome!

Dubravka(Leno)
    TAA/Walker/Bardsley/VVD(Saiss)
    Antonio/Sterling/Bruno(Sarr/Traore)
    Jesus/Jimi/Greenwood

Option 1: Pope for Dubravka
    Option 2 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lacazette for Jimi
    Option 3 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lucas Moura for Traore (dropping Jimi to bench)

Rival team:
    Dubravka(Button)
    TAA/Doherty/AWB/Kiko/J.Robinson
    Fernandes/KDB/Saka/Mahrez/Dilva
    Ings/Jimi/Greenwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm on FH. I've good team value but I am 30 points behind in ML. So I won't pick, D Silva, Martial, Rashford, Fernandez. I'm going big up front because I think there is great cheap options in the back (I would love to have TAA though)

My proposed team is

Martinez

Bardsley, Pieters, Williams, Branthwaite, 3.9...

Salah, Sterling, Mahrez, Pulisic/Antonio, Guendouzi

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

A. If I keep Antonio over Pulisic or put in Mane over Salah I save 0.3m to upgrade my 3.9 defender to a 4.2 defender.
    B. Mahrez is also a worry? Will he start?

Have I gone to big on attack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Need Burnley cover, given I don't have Pope nor really want to use a transfer on him as I've Martinez against Watford.

Tarkowski is the best option there yeah? Money not an issue

Even at walking pace city are probably too good for the last few weeks norwhich team.

Dilva will want to score most likely, Debryune will want at least 2 assists for the Premier league record, he is also 2 of joint first in the big leagues this season and 3 would take him top

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm on FH. I've good team value but I am 30 points behind in ML. So I won't pick, D Silva, Martial, Rashford, Fernandez. I'm going big up front because I think there is great cheap options in the back (I would love to have TAA though)

My proposed team is

Martinez

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

A. If I keep Antonio over Pulisic or put in Mane over Salah I save 0.3m to upgrade my 3.9 defender to a 4.2 defender.

Guendouzi hasn't been part of the matchday squad for weeks never mind first 11, I appreciate he is an enabler for you but its very risky to have a weak bench in this particular GW.

Personally I would downgrade Jesus to Greenwood and upgrade Guendouzi and the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FatRat wrote: »
    Fairly settled on my FH team. But have an option of;

Martial and Kane Or

Son & Aubameyang

1st option means I have no Arsenal players. 2nd option means I have Arsenal and Spurs but only Greenwood for United. 1st option would allow me upgrade Lamptey to Aurier.

M and K I think.
    Could bite but motivation/something to play for is the big factor for me. Palace are on the beach and have injuries. Goal difference a factor in relegation battle even if Bournemouth go ahead.

4 points from top of my mini-league, any advice is welcome!

Dubravka(Leno)
    TAA/Walker/Bardsley/VVD(Saiss)
    Antonio/Sterling/Bruno(Sarr/Traore)
    Jesus/Jimi/Greenwood

Option 1: Pope for Dubravka
    Option 2 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lacazette for Jimi
    Option 3 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lucas Moura for Traore (dropping Jimi to bench)

Rival team:
    Dubravka(Button)
    TAA/Doherty/AWB/Kiko/J.Robinson
    Fernandes/KDB/Saka/Mahrez/Dilva
    Ings/Jimi/Greenwood

I would not get hung up on a GK change especially involving a hit.
    TAA/VVD to fodder or Sarr/Traore to Guendozi could allow a big hitter for a hit perhaps.

Jesper wrote: »

My proposed team is

Martinez

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

Don't worry about your 3,9M man.
    Martinez and 2 of Long/Pieters/Bard are solid and popular for saving budget.
    Abu out (say) brings Laporte/Aurier/TAA/Digne etc into the picture.

Only Pep knows. Mahrez has had reduced minutes. I'll be looking for early lineup info but it's going to be mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's better:
    Silva (v NOR) and Greenwood (v lei)
    Foden (v NOR) and Richarlison (v BOU)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

What's better:

The first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'm assuming there will be leaked team news before the deadline on Sunday so I guess I'll hold off doing transfers until then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sawduck wrote: »
    I'm assuming there will be leaked team news before the deadline on Sunday so I guess I'll hold off doing transfers until then

Is it going to be reliable info though? I can see a lot of phony news being touted for a laugh.

Only one I trust is FPL Rockstar and he said he was done.

What's better:

A easily
    Foden won’t start

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Why do you think Bilva starts ahead of Mahrez in his first 11? First choice front 3 is Sterling Jesus Mahrez now I would have thought.

I think Bilva is first 11 material.

Talented as but also a workhorse.

I tipped him for the first GW ( I definitely owned him for a period) as a must have and predicted he’d score over 200 points.

I was wrong but I was going off what Pep said late last season ‘there is Bernardo and 10 others’.

Didn’t quite work out this season but in City’s strongest 11 I think Bilva starts. Immaculate player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think Bilva is first 11 material.

Talented as but also a workhorse.

I tipped him for the first GW ( I definitely owned him for a period) as a must have and predicted he’d score over 200 points.

I was wrong but I was going off what Pep said late last season ‘there is Bernardo and 10 others’.

Didn’t quite work out this season but in City’s strongest 11 I think Bilva starts. Immaculate player.

I tend to agree. I think Jesus might be the one to miss out.

Mahrez Bilva Sterling for Madrid with Sterling through the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lads, serious question.

Andre Gray was dropped for going to a party (for fear he could have contracted the virus) and Jordan Henderson had to pick the PL Trophy up himself to avoid possible contamination.

Based on that, how can Sterling (or the others) just go straight back to training/playing after being on a beach, clearly mixing with all sorts (apart from Piers Morgan :pac:)

I've heard nothing about him not being able to play, but it doesnt seem right that the PL would be so cautious about a trophy lift and not about players on a beach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »
    Lads, serious question.

Andre Gray was dropped for going to a party (for fear he could have contracted the virus) and Jordan Henderson had to pick the PL Trophy up himself to avoid possible contamination.

Based on that, how can Sterling (or the others) just go straight back to training/playing after being on a beach, clearly mixing with all sorts (apart from Piers Morgan :pac:)

I've heard nothing about him not being able to play, but it doesnt seem right that the PL would be so cautious about a trophy lift and not about players on a beach!
    I think there are inconsistencies across the board, even outside of sport. I think the Watford lads were dropped for a breach of discipline really rather than the health risk. I'm not so sure the same would have happened to Doucoure or Sarr. I expect Sterling to start and score well.

Benimar wrote: »
    Lads, serious question.

I think the precautions about the trophy lift and the player being dropped due to breach of protocol are mainly just for optics and if they tried to make a case of banning from playing anyone who had any contact with someone not tested for COVID 19 it would decimate teams and make the end of the season a bit of a joke and particularly difficult for teams without large squads. If one of these got relegated the bans on large numbers of players could allow them a case to take legal action against the league for loss of income.

The actual risk of a person of playing age being actually killed by the virus is relatively small (0.2% of those infected under 39 years of age according to some figures) and the precautions in my opinion are more to show solidarity with the general population who need to take actions like wearing masks when going to the shop which in practical terms could be more risky than playing a game in an almost empty stadium with only people tested to be free of the virus allowed in.

The confirmed cases in the last 14 days in France was 9776 and in the UK was 9781 according to this site. This might imply the risk of a player having time off in France is not significantly higher risk than having time off in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    I'm going into this weekend 10pts off 2nd and €€€. Was 16 points ahead going into gw 37 but his BB and having sterling put him 10 ahead. Currently our teams are similar both having TAA,KDB,Bruno,Martial & Ings. His biggest differential is Sterling to my Foden. So to make up points I'm wondering what to do this is my current team I plan on upgrading foden to silva but will have to take a -4.

Mine:

Henderson
    TAA Doherty Pieters
    KDB Bruno Martial Foden
    Vardy Rashford Ings

His:
    Pope
    TAA VVD Egan
    KDB Bruno Martial Sterling
    Jimi Greenwood Ings

0.3 ITB and 1 FT

What would you do?

Considering TAA/Foden/Vardy out for -8 but unsure who to get in? Looking at Kane as a differential.

Any suggestions appreciated thanks!

Decided to only take a -4 so looking at TAA + Foden > 5.5 + Silva, would Mendy play and be a differential against Norwich or any other 5.5 Def's?

My head is wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I just don't know what to do if theres no city leak.

Bruno to Silva would be conservative
    Bruno to sterling with Doherty out too for a hit more aggressive

Also tempted by jesus to auba possibly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

I need the help of the good folk of boards. Currently 4 points ahead in my league with 1 ft this week. My team is currently (with 0.4m itb).

---Pope--( Reina)
    -Otamendi-Bardsley-Doherty-(Egan)(Lascelles)
    -Willian-Martial-Fernandes- De Bruyne-(Foden)
    -Rashford-Vardy-Jiminez

My nearest Challenger has TAA, Pulisic,Ings,PEA,Dilva,De Bruyne.

I'm guessing he captains Dilva and makes 1 transfer

So should I
    1- Rashford for Ings to block,
    2- De Bruyne to Dilva

Or how would people play this??

COH wrote: »
    My head is wrecked!

Now I see what happened.... I thought today was Sunday and made my panic transfers at the 3pm 'deadline'.

Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pope
    Tark pieters taa
    Sterling bruno kdb Antonio dilva(c)
    Ings auba

3.9m Greenwood lamptey doherty

At the moment. Gonna try to get online before kick off tomorrow if I need to take sterling out or not. But if he deosnt play, I have greenwood coming in so not the worst.

I wont feature at the latter end of any money leagues unless I hit about 150 points so this week is just for the bantz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I need the help of the good folk of boards. Currently 4 points ahead in my league with 1 ft this week. My team is currently (with 0.4m itb).

---Pope--( Reina)
    -Otamendi-Bardsley-Doherty-(Egan)(Lascelles)
    -Willian-Martial-Fernandes- De Bruyne-(Foden)
    -Rashford-Vardy-Jiminez

My nearest Challenger has TAA, Pulisic,Ings,PEA,Dilva,De Bruyne.

I'm guessing he captains Dilva and makes 1 transfer

So should I
    1- Rashford for Ings to block,
    2- De Bruyne to Dilva

Or how would people play this??

With such different teams and no real margin it's really in the lap of the gods. I'd suggest just trying to play your own game and don't try to second guess your opponent. Wait in case there's a reputable leak before gametime. Trying to nail down Man City starters is probably the best policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Still gonna wait for the leaks myself I think.

Probably best idea to try come up with a few scenarios for if different players do or don't start.

I'm settled on Dilva. It's just between KDB, Sterling or Mahrez then. I'm gonna get rid of Jesus I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Fitz* wrote: »
    Still gonna wait for the leaks myself I think.

Probably best idea to try come up with a few scenarios for if different players do or don't start.

I'm settled on Dilva. It's just between KDB, Sterling or Mahrez then. I'm gonna get rid of Jesus I think.

I expect Jesus to start. Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet last time out (had a late goal ruled out). Is a target man through the middle for KDB (going for the assist record) and Dilva.

Pep will also want his confidence up ahead of the Madrid game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What's the consensus on Bruno?

I was late on the bandwagon so have missed his major hauls and have a feeling he could be worn out.

He's my only hit free route to Dilva (Salah, KDB, Pulisic, McNeil are my other other mids)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Bruno?

I was late on the bandwagon so have missed his major hauls and have a feeling he could be worn out.

He's my only hit free route to Dilva (Salah, KDB, Pulisic, McNeil are my other other mids)

Depends on your objective. Do you need him to cover main rivals or anything?

Personally think Dilva will outscore Bruno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Up against a Free Hitting Man United fan in one league alright.. currently I'm six points behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Three City attackers is really starting to feel like overkill in a game there is nothing riding on

• Advertisement
Advertisement