Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I dunno, lads. I just drop in and out of this thread from time to time, and have seen remarks in the past about how sometimes there's a tendency to just criticise the person who puts up a clip rather than the person who's bad driving they're highlighting. This is a real example of it.

Even if we take it that the poster who put up the clip was wrong to be in the middle lane, that's by far the lesser of two evils in that clip.

Yet people are queuing up to criticise him (or give thanks to others who have criticised him already), while the closest thing there is to criticising the Golf driver is statements like "I'm not condoning it, but..........."

Chances are the poster here had just gone past the lorry maybe 10 to 15 seconds earlier, and who knows, maybe he intended to pull back into the left lane just a few seconds later. If all of you are so particular about road position that you can't tolerate somebody being in the "wrong" lane for maybe just ten seconds on a virtually empty road, then wow, people really are very particular indeed.

Its the 101 of boards.....

Must do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I dunno, lads. I just drop in and out of this thread from time to time, and have seen remarks in the past about how sometimes there's a tendency to just criticise the person who puts up a clip rather than the person who's bad driving they're highlighting. This is a real example of it.

Posters aren't exempt from criticism just because they post a video of someone else being a dick.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Posters aren't exempt from criticism just because they post a video of someone else being a dick.

Aren’t exempt? They’re usually straight into the firing line for it no matter what’s on the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Aren’t exempt? They’re usually straight into the firing line for it no matter what’s on the video.

A poster on here could video a horrendous fatal crash they were approaching and still be blamed for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

neris wrote: »
    A poster on here could video a horrendous fatal crash they were approaching and still be blamed for it.

You know that's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Hurrache wrote: »

That's fine. And for what it's worth, I think a reaction along the lines of 90% "wow, that Golf driver is a total lunatic, a menace, a danger, a muppet, etc." with 10% "by the way, strictly speaking, you should have been in the left lane yourself" would be okay.

But not the other way round.

In fairness to this thread, it’s a more widespread thing across the whole site that was let breed and was never nipped in the bud. How many times have you seen someone post about a work issue only to be sold straight jt away that they must be the most useless employee of all time and it’s all their fault. Or a tenant posting that they’re paid up but the landlord burnt all their stuff only to be told they’re a liar within 2 replies.

It’s a boards thing, not a dashcam thread thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Considering that the criticism of the post by a moderator has received 35 likes whereas there has been fu(k all criticism of the golf driver says a lot about what is acceptable on our roads.

It's utterly pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Any dash cam video that's posted here or anywhere else on the Internet is open to comment good or bad either the subject of the video or the dash cam driver or anything else that's on the video

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Comhra wrote: »

That’s one of the worst manoeuvres I’ve seen posted on this thread. Shocking. Thankfully it was caught on camera and the driver will face the consequences.

It’s absolutely crazy. When you see the houses along the road where the oncoming cars had to pull in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

The poster only gets criticism because the usual "this must be a wind up" doesn't fly in the face of video evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I live not too far from where that arctic overtaking maneuver took place and practically use that N24 road every day, there is a busy fuel station a few yards up just after the end of that footage and if pulling out from the fuel station heading towards Limerick you certainly would not be checking left or be expecting an arctic coming towards you on the wrong side of the road: https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6213936,-8.4867464,3a,75y,172.56h,75.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUM_6zQFqolLpDnNi2_8fkQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

You would expect a professional driver of a rig that size to have a bit more cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I blame the dash cammer for that artic incident

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

endacl wrote: »

Love this
    I’ve never had an accident in 54 years, except one time when a fella came down the middle of the road and crashed into me — it was his fault

So many people use that excuse and completely ignore the fact that their actions caused an accident
    Only ever once nearly had a crash and that was caused by some old fella cutting in front of me without indicating and was literally inches away from my front bumper

That’s one of the worst manoeuvres I’ve seen posted on this thread. Shocking. Thankfully it was caught on camera and the driver will face the consequences.
    Looking at the screenshot, I initially thought it was from abroad (RHD territory). :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

that n24 is a well dangerous road at the best of times , never mind with that nutjob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Looking at the screenshot, I initially thought it was from abroad (RHD territory). :pac:

Just came off the M7,having spent entire journey in the "fast" lane.
    Thought they were on a two-lane ,and wondered why all these w4nkers
    were driving in the wrong directions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Just came off the M7,having spent entire journey in the "fast" lane.
    Thought they were on a two-lane ,and wondered why all these w4nkers
    were driving in the wrong directions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

endacl wrote: »

The last appeal was thrown out after driving tester Martin McNulty told the court that he had gone through a red light on Vickers Road in Cork city.

But Mr Heffernan denied he had jumped the red light, saying: “No, I did not because it was green. It had to be green because I followed another car so if I broke the red light, they did too.”

He had actually no idea what colour the light was. Sure, just follow the car in front.

I see an awful lot of this particularly with cars turning right.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Imagine having to explain that to the Sergeant back at the station and then the amount of paper work that will need to be filled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

bazz26 wrote: »
    Imagine having to explain that to the Sergeant back at the station and then the amount of paper work that will need to be filled out.

Yeah - I was like turning around about 3 kph and suddenly this big massive bus just hit me outta nowhere

Hopefully the car on the left of shot blocking the footpath and on double yellows comes into play when they look at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Hopefully the car on the left of shot blocking the footpath and on double yellows comes into play when they look at this.

What?
    Any good professional driver would have had that car twigged well in advance to accommodate his upcoming Uturn.
    Looks like he missed a gear or under revved leaving off the clutch.
    Best of all is the fact its a Dublin Bus🀣🀣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bazz26 wrote: »

Not to mention the personal injury claims by;

The Garda driving the car
    The Garda in the front passenger seat
    The Bus Driver (Physical & mental injuries)
    Any passengers on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Why didn’t they just put on the blues though? I’m sure it would have avoided the accident.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Not to mention the personal injury claims by;

The Garda driving the car
    The Garda in the front passenger seat
    The Bus Driver (Physical & mental injuries)
    Any passengers on the bus

The Garda driving cannot claim

Advertisement