Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I wonder when we will know if we have qualified for the headphones for VF. If says it's limited to the first 50 only, however when you order, if gives no indication of what order # you are (inside or outside the top 50...

I have just had this conversation on VF chat, and similar issue with s7 upgrade and free gift 2 years ago.

The first thing is say is the agents really don't have the info, and this leads them to start fobbing you off.

The first answer I got was, if your eligable you receive a txt or mail.

When I questioned this I was told

There was high volume traffic and maybe you did not make the first 50. And a link to their terms and conditions

They could not give me my order number and when I told them I order within the first 5mins as I was waiting for release they changed their tune slightly.

Now the officially answer is that they will send the email when pre-order complete and then send the texts emails to first 50.

I'll keep an eye on this and start questioning the VF reps here if no updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

ForestFire wrote: »
    I have just had this conversation on VF chat, and similar issue with s7 upgrade and free gift 2 years ago.

The first thing is say is the agents really don't have the info, and this leads them to start fobbing you off.

The first answer I got was, if your eligable you receive a txt or mail.

When I questioned this I was told

There was high volume traffic and maybe you did not make the first 50. And a link to their terms and conditions

They could not give me my order number and when I told them I order within the first 5mins as I was waiting for release they changed their tune slightly.

Now the officially answer is that they will send the email when pre-order complete and then send the texts emails to first 50.

I'll keep an eye on this and start questioning the VF reps here if no updates.

Seems like a pretty crappy system. The minute the first 50 pre-orders are done, they should remove the first 50 thing from their site. Pretty bad. Anything to make money though

Seems like a pretty crappy system. The minute the first 50 pre-orders are done, they should remove the first 50 thing from their site. Pretty bad. Anything to make money though

There is a change that they simply have not reached the 50 units yet, but there communication is very poor with this, and I am sure they will try to get some extra sales how.

Here's how the last saga with the S7 release went, It was sorted in the end but it was a very cumberson process (And they did not have the number limitation of 50 that time)

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057567191/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

I also asked VF this morning to see if their quota of 50 customers had been reached. They couldn't answer my question. Pre ordered anyway,so have the cooling off period to take advantage of, if no headphones arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I also asked VF this morning to see if their quota of 50 customers had been reached. They couldn't answer my question. Pre ordered anyway,so have the cooling off period to take advantage of, if no headphones arrive.

It's pretty shifty customer service to handle it in such a manner. Gives the impression of a big bait and switch exercise even if it's totally legit..... Their marketing team should have more sense and control...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is it not the black one are avail here so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is it not the black one are avail here so far?

The P9 and 10s were mostly only available in black here ,the P10 was terrible for finger prints all over it ,i personally would have loved the pantone green version .

Pre-ordered with eir black is the only option with them

But to get back to your earlier question I'm mainly interested in the new camera setup and storage ,
    Got really big into actually taking proper quality pictures with my P9 over the last near 2 years my OH has a P10 but it didn't seem a substantial upgrade to the P9 to buy ,
    I've been waiting for the P20 after hearing the 3 camera (4 if you include the front) rumours last year

I'm sure I heard somewhere that carphone warehouse were getting the midnight blue. It's the one I'd prefer, but can't take a chance to wait if they will also have free headphones.

It's pretty shifty customer service to handle it in such a manner. Gives the impression of a big bait and switch exercise even if it's totally legit..... Their marketing team should have more sense and control...

Luckily I'm with VF on a sim only plan so opted for a PAYG phone. Luckily no switching or porting involved for me. I agree that the offer should be removed when quota is reached and not all this mystery.
    It'll be interesting to keep an eye on the site to see if they remove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just ordered twilight version sim free from amazon.de

Will you be able to get the headphones? I looked ot the UK terms and conditions and you need to have a UK address that the headphones are delivered to.

Hi All,

For anyone that has order through Vodafone, I have posted the question about the free headphones and the issues regarding the first 50 orders and lack of information.

If you are in the same situation, I would ask to post you request to this thread also to see if we can get the reps here to help.

As I said they were very helpful in the end for the S7 VR headset gift 2 years ago, and seem to be able to get more detailed information.

Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057857212

What did this set you back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Fantastic colour. One of the best I've ever seen on a phone <wipes drool>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    What did this set you back....

Ah lad u could just look for yourself! 899 took me 30 seconds.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ah lad u could just look for yourself! 899 took me 30 seconds.

Or I found the 899 but wondered if the poster got a bargain / discount ....

Will you be able to get the headphones? I looked ot the UK terms and conditions and you need to have a UK address that the headphones are delivered to.

No discount sadly. Price as mentioned.
    Headphones offer is same but through DE version of offer so will hopefully redeem that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So could you buy this phone say PAYG then within the 14 day window return it unopened and keep the headphones? Or is that just not possible?

So could you buy this phone say PAYG then within the 14 day window return it unopened and keep the headphones? Or is that just not possible?

Is this a serious question?

What do you think? They are just going to let you keep headphone worth over €350??

Sure what not just remove the phone from the box re-seal it and send them back the empty box??

If you are making a return of an online purchase within 14 days they you must return everything you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anybody watch the early impressions videos? The camera looks seriously impressive in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered last night, dont think I am going to qualify so just chanced it by buying pre-pay and then will return if I dont get the headphones. I have a Pixel 2 XL and S9+ so dont really need it but might let the S9+ go if I get the P20 Pro with the headphones.

Hi All,

For anyone that has order through Vodafone, I have posted the question about the free headphones and the issues regarding the first 50 orders and lack of information.

If you are in the same situation, I would ask to post you request to this thread also to see if we can get the reps here to help.

As I said they were very helpful in the end for the S7 VR headset gift 2 years ago, and seem to be able to get more detailed information.

Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057857212

Done. Hopefully we'll get some good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Looks like it's paired with huavey headphones am 61. Is that all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

I ordered from Vodafone UK as I live up the north. When I ordered the phone I asked Vodafone about the headphones. They said it would be sent with the handset, even though the T&C's states you need to claim it off the Huawei website. I've seen no limit restriction mentioned with Vodafone UK though. Is the 50 handsets only with Vodafone IE?

rednoggin wrote: »
    I ordered from Vodafone UK as I live up the north. When I ordered the phone I asked Vodafone about the headphones. They said it would be sent with the handset, even though the T&C's states you need to claim it off the Huawei website. I've seen no limit restriction mentioned with Vodafone UK though. Is the 50 handsets only with Vodafone IE?

Yes, Only with Vodafone.ie there is a 50 order limit.

Vodafone.uk is limited only to pre-orders before the 6th April, i.e. everyone gets one up to this date.

it's totally possible that the VF Ireland "marketing" team think that adding the "limited to 50" is a great way to encourage potential buyers over the line. But in reality I think it does the opposite. People will go to other sources for the phone as they don't want the stress and ****ery of did I get the phone or not and the hassle of 14 day cancellations and returning phones etc etc
    ...on a side note, the way the blurb is written could easily be interpreted as being the first 50 each day.

dan786 wrote: »
    Ordered last night, dont think I am going to qualify so just chanced it by buying pre-pay and then will return if I dont get the headphones. I have a Pixel 2 XL and S9+ so dont really need it but might let the S9+ go if I get the P20 Pro with the headphones.

Hi Dan can you post in my ASK VF section, The more that post, hopefully the more response we get (See my earlier post and link).

For the S7 VR headset offer (limited to 250), they did not restrict to the 250 in the end, but gave a cut off date instead, so you might still get your headphones.

Hi Dan can you post in my ASK VF section, The more that post, hopefully the more response we get (See my earlier post and link).

For the S7 VR headset offer (limited to 250), they did not restrict to the 250 in the end, but gave a cut off date instead, so you might still get your headphones.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I pre-ordered earlier today via the Eir website.

I then received a follow up email asking to upload documents via planet verify, which I completed.

Since then I haven't received any sales order number or any other details which I find strange.

Has anyone else Pre-ordered via Eir website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Verge - Huawei’s P20 Pro takes even better night pictures than the Pixel 2 XL

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/30/17179642/huawei-p20-pro-vs-pixel-2-xl-camera-comparison-low-light

Great night photos from Huawei. Comprehensive feature with photo sliders.

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    Looks like it's paired with huavey headphones am 61. Is that all?

Not sure i understand. Its paired with the free Bose as well eventually.
    I dont think ive ever used a pair of ‘comes with phone’ headphones, tend to pick my headphones carefully.

Harvey Norman pre-orders open for 899 but no mention of headphones.

Not sure i understand. Its paired with the free Bose as well eventually.
    I dont think ive ever used a pair of ‘comes with phone’ headphones, tend to pick my headphones carefully.

I thought it's pretty straight forward :

HUAWEI P20 Pro Smartphone (15,5 cm (6,1 Zoll), 40/20/8 MP Leica Triple Kamera, 128GB interner Speicher, 6GB RAM, Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1) Schwarz + gratis AM61 Headset [Exklusiv bei Amazon] - Deutsche Version

I thought it's pretty straight forward :

HUAWEI P20 Pro Smartphone (15,5 cm (6,1 Zoll), 40/20/8 MP Leica Triple Kamera, 128GB interner Speicher, 6GB RAM, Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1) Schwarz + gratis AM61 Headset [Exklusiv bei Amazon] - Deutsche Version

Not really. No idea what you're asking is kinda why I asked you to clarify.

Does it come with anything else apart from mentioned headset above and free QC? Is that the question?
    A box and lots of moulded plastic probably.

Not really. No idea what you're asking is kinda why I asked you to clarify.

Does it come with anything else apart from mentioned headset above and free QC? Is that the question?
    A box and lots of moulded plastic probably.

Thought you could help to spot free Bose headphones included on amazon.de

Thought you could help to spot free Bose headphones included on amazon.de

You mean this? Took two seconds
    https://www.amazon.de/adlp/p20promotion

Great stuff, thank you !

Pitty twilight color phones are not eligible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Unable to translate the page since its a picture.

Does that mean the Bose headphones will be shipped with the phone?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Unable to translate the page since its a picture.

Does that mean the Bose headphones will be shipped with the phone?

You need to register online with imei number first and then when this is confirmed the headphones shipped.

You will need phone first to register, and I assume you'll need a German address.

Look at the terms and conditions on the UK website as they are probable similar.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Vodafone: Reps
    Morning all,

We can confirm that the offer will be on display on our sites until all 50 orders have been placed. This means that if you are able to view the offer details, you are able to order the phone and be entitled to the free pair of headphones.

Thanks,
    Ailis

For anyone who didnt see the Vodafone forum.

Yes, Free headphone for everyone....:D (To date at least).

So can I ask people what you believe are the main disadvantages of the P20 Pro over the S9+?

I would say I'm 99% sticking with the P20 pro, but just interested in any reasons that may make me switch.

Some that I can think of are below:-

-No Wireless charging - This could be an important one, but you do get Super Charge and 4000mAh battery
    -No Video stabilization at 4k - Will it ever be needed?
    -Video at 1080p looks soft compared to S9+
    -960fps start on movement? Is this available?
    -No SD Card - but you do get 128GB built-in

Ayone have anything else to consider?

I have to add that I am surprised Vodafone hasnt reached 50 orders. I know 5 other people apart from me who have ordered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya I would say there's something wrong there. Misinformation from poor customer service.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ya I would say there's something wrong there. Misinformation from poor customer service.

I'm going with misinformation from disingenuous social media "morketing" consultant types, thinking it will encourage impulse buying ad a buzz whereas in reality it comes across (incorrectly) more as a bait and switch programme

I have to add that I am surprised Vodafone hasnt reached 50 orders. I know 5 other people apart from me who have ordered them.

Well everywhere else in Europe seems to have the free headset as long as you order before the 6th April. No limits and no hidden terms.

I often wonder, is this the same case for the Vodafone Ireland orders, but for some reason (marketing/Protection) they want a get out clause in case they have an issues??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

From Three:
    Dear Heraldoffreeent

You registered your interest in the Huawei P20 Pro with us a little while back. Good news - it’s ready for pre-order! Even better, if you pre-order now you’ll get free Bose headphones worth €379.95 while stocks last.

Jump to the top of the queue now and be first with the most powerful Huawei smartphone yet. From the cutting-edge Leica triple camera to its gorgeous OLED display, the P20 is not to be missed.

And........

Three.ie

Terms & Conditions:
    1. To be eligible to avail of the Offer you must be a new or upgrading Three customer who preorders on three.ie or via telesales (and have your preorder accepted by Three) a Huawei P20 Pro (“Eligible Preorder”). Customers with the first 120 Eligible Preorders strictly from 9am on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 shall each receive a pair of Bose headphones (RRP €379.95) 2. For Eligible Preorders Bose headphones will be received by customers separately from device within 30 days. 3. In the event that you are permitted to return your device under applicable legal or regulatory provisions, you agree to return the Bose headphones to Three with your device. Where the Bose Headphones experiences any damage or wear and tear beyond a reasonable degree, you agree to reimburse Three for the cost of the Bose Headphones. 4. Only one Offer per customer and there is no cash alternative.

You are receiving this email from Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited because you are a customer and have previously indicated that we may contact you about our products and services. To unsubscribe please Freetext OPTOUT to 50202.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strongly thinking of the Three offer.
    I have currently the Pixel on a loan from my brother but the P20 Pro is a lovely phone.
    Question is, can I do without the great early updates on the Google branded handset?

So Three are not sending out the headphones with the phone but within 30 days and will only get the headphone if your eligible. As far as I know you have 14 days to return the device for refund, so they can come back to you after 20 days and say your not eligible and will be stuck with the phone.

Well everywhere else in Europe seems to have the free headset as long as you order before the 6th April. No limits and no hidden terms.

I often wonder, is this the same case for the Vodafone Ireland orders, but for some reason (marketing/Protection) they want a get out clause in case they have an issues??

The Amazon.de blurb said 6,000 headphones for P20 and 4,000 for the Pro. Wonder if those are the Huawei numbers for the proof of purchase claim system? If so the claim site will get hammered on the 20th. They stuck in the usual "while stocks last" get out of jail free card to cover themselves.

So Three are not sending out the headphones with the phone but within 30 days and will only get the headphone if your eligible. As far as I know you have 14 days to return the device for refund, so they can come back to you after 20 days and say your not eligible and will be stuck with the phone.

I would argue that you 14 days don't start until you receive your full order of phone and headphones? (Or confirmation that you have received full order of phone only if that is the case)

But you still could not open the phone until you get confirmation either way, as you cannot return once opened?

the must know when shipping the phone if you are in the first 120 or not. and should let you know at this stage at the very least?

• Advertisement
Advertisement