Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I seen an article in last weeks Phoenix about the Stewards at Tramore - seemingly ABP ran the wrong distance?

Lydia is a far better looking broad on a webcam than on course!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Just on Asterion Forlonge - it is worth saying.

Al Boum Photo was not a great novice chaser by any means either? I remember he fell at the second last in Pery's RSA and then made a shambles of the last at Punchestown with the race at his mercy.... roll on 10 months... Gold Cup winner.

Even Ruby agrees. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Lydia is a far better looking broad on a webcam than on course!!

She is a ride Ramjet, I love her, she is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Lydia Hislop? Jaysus I'd sooner throw the leg over Ruby. Lockdown has ye bate lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

You're right kid
    apologies

Good man. Roll on March 16th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Goshen to regain the form from 12 months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Goshen to regain the form from 12 months ago :)

Friday night heavy drinking. You love to see it.

Meanwhile back in the real world!

Do we think Buveur D'air regains the champ hurdle, tempted to have a nibble at 14s as if he wins today he'll surely be halved no matter what. You'd imagine he's got to win today to have any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Meanwhile back in the real world!

Do we think Buveur D'air regains the champ hurdle, tempted to have a nibble at 14s as if he wins today he'll surely be halved no matter what. You'd imagine he's got to win today to have any chance.

PP are 16/1 to win today and the big one, only an extra 2 pts but there is no way he goes there unless he wins today so if having a punt on the big one its a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Nicky still talking about the CH for the dear boy
    Sure why not old chap
    Will come on loads the bugger
    Straight to the festival for him, the rascal.............

NOT A CENT OF OL ROG'S MONEY WILL HE SEE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I don't know Rog. Hendo is right in that he'll come on massively for that. Its far from a vintage renewal either with big questions about many runners, now that trainers want to send their top novice hurdlers chasing these days.
    He's still 10yo with relatively little milage on the clock. 20/1 now so 4/1 to get 3rd is a tasty price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Nicky still talking about the CH for the dear boy
    Sure why not old chap
    Will come on loads the bugger
    Straight to the festival for him, the rascal.............

NOT A CENT OF OL ROG'S MONEY WILL HE SEE!

At the price's i think id prefer him than anything else in the race. 20/1 nrnb seems a great price. And as had been said before CH form means far more than anything. I think i found my 4th horse for the NRNB Lucky 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

aidankkk wrote: »
    At the price's i think id prefer him than anything else in the race. 20/1 nrnb seems a great price. And as had been said before CH form means far more than anything. I think i found my 4th horse for the NRNB Lucky 15

Cmon, spill the beans.

He definitely looked like he needed the run, similar to Saldier at a similar price for March. Probably rather have my few bob on buveur d'air as he's been there and done it.

Ill be spilling the beans, i've been backing the same horse every day for the last 2 weeks (paddy limit your bet nrnb, but let me have the same bet every day)

I'm hoping for another firm to go nrnb so lads can get on.

I also like Storyteller, and Darver's Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

At the price Saldier is a much better punt and dare I say it, I'd sooner back Goshen for March than BDA....but I've backed Goshen already so maybe I'm just an idiot.

Coneygree wrote: »
    At the price Saldier is a much better punt and dare I say it, I'd sooner back Goshen for March than BDA....but I've backed Goshen already so maybe I'm just an idiot.

I'm also in that club of Goshen and now BDA so you're in bad company I'm afraid to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ill be spilling the beans, i've been backing the same horse every day for the last 2 weeks (paddy limit your bet nrnb, but let me have the same bet every day)

I'm hoping for another firm to go nrnb so lads can get on.

I also like Storyteller, and Darver's Star.

Hmm. Sounds like pure bollix man. Unless you're having hundreds on said horse in total?
    You've said before you're a small play man.. tenners and twenties etc.

Backed saldier the other day @25s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hmm. Sounds like pure bollix man. Unless you're having hundreds on said horse in total?

Why would he lie? I'm a very small gambler, odd big bet here and there and my ante post bets have got limited previously, only with bet365 but.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Why would he lie? I'm a very small gambler, odd big bet here and there and my ante post bets have got limited previously, only with bet365 but.

I don't know?
    The facts:
    There's a limit on every bet on PP.
    Unless he limited to pennies, he has 100s or 1000s on the horse.
    He has stated before on numerous occasions he does not bet in those sums.

• Advertisement

I don't know?
    The facts:
    There's a limit on every bet on PP.
    Unless he limited to pennies, he has 100s or 1000s on the horse.
    He has stated before on numerous occasions he does not bet in those sums.

I was backing a horse last week for the festival NRNB and the max stake I was allowed was €23

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

Pogue eile wrote:
    I was backing a horse last week for the festival NRNB and the max stake I was allowed was €23

Ya similar, aidan is right that they will allow you to have the same on the day after, and the day after...

Pogue eile wrote: »

Yeah I know. I'm referring to this dramatic increase in his stakes.

I'm generally and small punter (out of necessity , as with 25/1 and up bets, there can be a long time between drinks)

All that said, if i think there is money lying around on the floor to be picked up(Obv there are no certainties in life), Ill have a larger bet. Especially around Cheltenham. On that handicap horse Ive had back it a number of times (in two bloody races).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

50 days till off day!

Annual Leave booked in for the Tues, Thurs & Friday!

50 days till off day!

Full week off, as I have done since I was 14 years old :D won't say how long ago that was!

A mixture of anticipation, excitement and a little bit of disapointment of not being able to travel .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

50 days till off day!

Wondering how to approach that week with work. I'm going on the assumption pubs wont be open. Could have cans and watch from home, push all calls to the am and try to a bit of work in between to save annual leave :D

Usually take the week off myself but this year it would probably seem a waste of annual leave with the pubs not being open. Will see closer to the time though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

Will probably take a few half days leave. Don't want to be disrupted by work during the races and I don't need to take full days off for it as I'm wfh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I normally take the 4 days off.

I can work flexi hours and working from home so im going to start work early on the tuesday and finish in time for the first race and just take thursday and friday off.

7 weeks to go!!

Advertisement