Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will the betting shops be open ? I have online account anyway but like going into the shop when Cheltenham on

Depends on what kind of easing they announce the beginning of march. I'd have thought no personally, that they'll not be open until April at the earliest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I doubt it.

The curtain twitchers would go nuts for starters. The gov have enough hassle without creating new problems.

There will be enough guff from the anti racing brigade about Irish horses travelling.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I doubt it.

The curtain twitchers would go nuts for starters. The gov have enough hassle without creating new problems.

There will be enough guff from the anti racing brigade about Irish horses travelling.

Jus be greatful they are travelling. I had my doubts about 4 weeks ago. It would have been a sham festival

Not sure whether to back Abacadabras now for CH or wait until he runs at the weekend. Don't know if his horses have hit form yet, but if he wins his price will half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Not sure whether to back Abacadabras now for CH or wait until he runs at the weekend. Don't know if his horses have hit form yet, but if he wins his price will half

PP special 50/1 to win this weekend and the CH at Cheltenham - couldn't resist a fiver just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

whatever happens this weekend Abacadbras will relish the spring ground and the bigger field come the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

whatever happens this weekend Abacadbras will relish the spring ground and the bigger field come the festival

Big time. He was my early fancy. He cruised around Cheltenham last year as good as any horse you'll see.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    PP special 50/1 to win this weekend and the CH at Cheltenham - couldn't resist a fiver just in case!

Jesus, how did i miss that. Getting on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Jesus, how did i miss that. Getting on it now

Where would a good place to go up the north for watching the racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Huge Abacadabras fan
    Going looking for that special now!

• Advertisement

Huge Abacadabras fan
    Going looking for that special now!

Missed it
    Sh*t!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Missed it
    Sh*t!!!!

It's still there. Go into 'Specials', then click 'Show more'.

Does anyone know if Ashdale Bob is likely to go AB or Ballymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Slattsy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ashdale Bob is likely to go AB or Ballymore?

I have him backed for the Albert Bartlett so you can take it that he will go Ballymore :D

Not 100% but think will be AB. Better chance of winning that anyway

Can't find any comments from trainer. I fancy him to run well this weekend, tempted to have a pop beforehand.

ballyhagan wrote: »
    It's still there. Go into 'Specials', then click 'Show more'.

Got it

I went for the Saldier special myself - 80/1.

Down there for dancing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

5 weeks!!!

• Advertisement

The Mig wrote: »
    5 weeks!!!

Can't wait migster. Not only do i get to watch best sporting event of the year, i take the week off but i have my first drinks since xmas starting from the Tuesday @12 bells! I'll be locked by the time the CH starts

Confession
    I am going to break lockdown!

My auld fella will shnake me in the back door of his gaff (he lives alone)
    Stock the fridge with guinness
    Big pot of stew in the slow cooker
    PP Acc topped up and we are good to go!

He doesn't have an online so he will give me £50 and i will do his bets for the week. He doesn't play big, he jus loves the craic :)
    Classic auld lad, he backs ONLY WPM horses and the odd horse with a funny name that gives him a giggle, like "The Big Dog" or "Dasmyhoss" :)

The Mig wrote: »
    5 weeks!!!

Yes Hunch!

Confession

He doesn't have an online so he will give me £50 and i will do his bets for the week. He doesn't play big, he jus loves the craic :)
    Classic auld lad, he backs ONLY WPM horses and the odd horse with a funny name that gives him a giggle, like "The Big Dog" or "Dasmyhoss" :)

I'll be doing something similar with my old man. I'll get him up for a few beers and do his bets for him.

What do people here generally budget for cheltie. I have 70 already in AP bets and will have 500 for the 4 days. i have 410 in the pot already from bets won from football and leopardstown since xmas. If i can come out after 4 days with a slight profit i'll be happy.

Last three years have been down minimu 50% of budget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Confession

didnt know you were in england rog!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

What do people here generally budget for cheltie. I have 70 already in AP bets and will have 500 for the 4 days. i have 410 in the pot already from bets won from football and leopardstown since xmas. If i can come out after 4 days with a slight profit i'll be happy.

Usually about 90k and generally come away with double that in profit.

Usually about 90k and generally come away with double that in profit.

Fair play JP

Jesus Christ man, a Priest wouldn't ask you that!!!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    didnt know you were in england rog!

I can't be arsed looking for a Euro symbol !!
    Trust you Kelly :)

Can't wait to come on here loaded with money and beer on the Tuesday after Aba hacks up in the CH, I will be looking for you son!!!!:cool:

Advertisement