Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2019 - Round 15 Singapore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,682 ✭✭✭This is it

A good start for LeClerc tomorrow and he'll be hard to beat, very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is it wrote: »
    A good start for LeClerc tomorrow and he'll be hard to beat, very impressive.

Yep, sadly its too little too late for the Drivers and Constructors, but impressive strides made by Ferrari with this upgrade package, only Hamilton driving the wheels off of his Merc stopped a Ferrari 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Way off with my prediction. Going to be a great start to the race with that top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Super lap from Leclerc. Really hope he can keep up the good form and do so again next year and it could be a very exciting year if he does. At last someone to really challenge the dominance of Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton as they have had it too easy up to these last few races.
    Disappointed for Seb as I really thought he had it it was a great lab but then Leclerc just did it better again so he deserves the pole.

Its Leclercs race to win tomorrow as long as he does not mess up anywhere.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    This is BS. Its meant to be racing

Yeah, within the rules. Everyone else followed them apparently, why shouldn't Ricardo/Renault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh for feck sake Renault. I wonder how much of an advantage power wise he had. I also wonder who/s idea it was. Maybe they thought they might just get away with it or it could have been a mistake either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    This is BS. Its meant to be racing

Come on seriously, every sport has rules. 19 out of 20 competitors followed the rules and weren't disqualified. Delivery of extra energy equates to extra horsepower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

AMKC wrote: »
    Oh for feck sake Renault. I wonder how much of an advantage power wise he had. I also wonder who/s idea it was. Maybe they thought they might just get away with it or it could have been a mistake either.
    Whatever it was, it didn't translate in time. The issue was detected on his second fastest lap in Q1 - so he went quicker when it was within limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

skipper_G wrote: »
    Come on seriously, every sport has rules. 19 out of 20 competitors followed the rules and weren't disqualified. Delivery of extra energy equates to extra horsepower.

Seems it was a very negligible overuse on a lap he made a mistake on.
    A statement from Renault after the decision was issued gave their side of events, although the team confirmed that they didn’t plan to appeal the ruling: “Renault F1 Team acknowledges the decision from the FIA Stewards to disqualify Daniel Ricciardo from the qualifying session of the Singapore Grand Prix after he benefitted from an advantage measured at one-microsecond due to a kerb hit that caused his MGU-K to overrev on his slowest lap of Q1. The decision will therefore not be appealed.”

https://twitter.com/RenaultF1Team/status/1175507054028558337

Again, everyone else managed to avoid it and keep within the rules. You can't blur the lines, it's black and white. The fact they aren't appealing would suggest that they understand that all too well and are taking it on the chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm really looking forward to this race. I don't know whether that's because of what we got in the last two races.

Remember, it's 1pm for the race.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Totally agree with Daniel Ricciardo's take on it - the penalty is too harsh, would be sufficient to just delete the lap time (like when you exceed track limits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Hoping for a Ferrari win but don't think they'll be able to manage to tires as good as Lewis.
    Also predicting max off first corner for the absolute bants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I love the street circuits ,it amazes me how fast these lads drive lap after lap and don't plow head first into a wall

I know it's a night race but no need to sing the national anthem like a flipping lullaby.

flazio wrote: »
    I know it's a night race but no need to sing the national anthem like a flipping lullaby.

And with a guy beatboxing as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fecking completely forgot the race started at 1pm. Seems like the start was eventful.

Crofty doing his best michael fish impression.

• Advertisement

Pretty tame start. Top 6 are sticking close enough. If vettel can close gap to Hamilton I can see it getting good. Danny got a good start. Up to 14th. Norris is up to 7th as aswell

Not really lining up to be a classic is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

6 within 6 , can go either way. Especially with heavy undercut

Hoping they turn up the pace fairly soon

Construction corner from brundle.

flazio wrote: »
    Not really lining up to be a classic is it?

Think it's guna get very interesting soon enough. Not much separating Hamilton vettel max and bottas.

Danny Ricciardo is feeling it.

Ricciardo doing his best to put on a show. Nice move, then Kvyat got mugged by Stroll to boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Joeface

Yeah so far it's the Danny Ric Show

• Advertisement

Honey badger finishing in the points would be a great result for him

Advertisement