Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival Handicaps/plots 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Slattsy wrote: »
    A few Grand Annual winners and Coral Cup was all I could think off top of my head. Can't think of names. One was definitely a JP horse though.

I looked at it last night, he hasn’t won a hurdles race since the County Hurdle in 2016. He’s won at least one Chase for the last 4 years. Another interesting one is the Champion Chase Dodging Bullets won was his first Festival winner over fences since Kauto won the Gold Cup in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Motivator wrote: »
    I looked at it last night, he hasn’t won a hurdles race since the County Hurdle in 2016. He’s won at least one Chase for the last 4 years. Another interesting one is the Champion Chase Dodging Bullets won was his first Festival winner over fences since Kauto won the Gold Cup in 2009.

It was the Fred Winter that he won in 2016, Skeltons won the 2016 County.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    It was the Fred Winter that he won in 2016, Skeltons won the 2016 County.

You’re correct, my mistake. He won the Martin Pipe on the Friday so that was his last winner over hurdles. I was shocked reading that last night I thought he won a hurdles race a lot more recent than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

You’re correct, my mistake. He won the Martin Pipe on the Friday so that was his last winner over hurdles. I was shocked reading that last night I thought he won a hurdles race a lot more recent than that.

I think recently and Im not sure if it has been dictated by the horses he has at his disposal or simply a change in objectives he has definitely put far more emphasis on the trainers title than Cheltenham.

Has a weak enough team again this year at first glance, the only two I would be keen on are Bravemansgame and Shantou Flyer in the Foxhunters, maybe Next Destination and after that its only really the handicaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Salubrious was the name of the horse. Backed him at 25s! Bolted in. 2013 Cheltenham festival. My biggest priced winner.

Watching back the DRF i thought Galopin Des Champs for Willie could be one for the County. Was right there in 3rd place coming to the final flight but just faded away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think recently and Im not sure if it has been dictated by the horses he has at his disposal or simply a change in objectives he has definitely put far more emphasis on the trainers title than Cheltenham.

Has a weak enough team again this year at first glance, the only two I would be keen on are Bravemansgame and Shantou Flyer in the Foxhunters, maybe Next Destination and after that its only really the handicaps.

I still like Hazel Hill for the foxhunters
    That was very good LTO, it needed to be tho.
    This is a quality horse. Age is a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Have small fancy for us and them in the grand annual if he turns up fancied him last year too but I think ground was against him

stretchaq wrote: »
    Have small fancy for us and them in the grand annual if he turns up fancied him last year too but I think ground was against him

Finished second in a poor enough Arkle but stayed on up the hill well that day. Thought his run last year was very good to be fair but he’s a frustrating horse, the epitome of a bridesmaid. Wouldn’t put you off him though, haven’t checked but I’d say he’s a fair price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Handicap weights are out tomorrow

• Advertisement

You could argue whomever posted the picture of Gordon was a Cheltenham plot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hawkhead70

Dalton Highway ran a nice race having been upped in trip in the pertemps qualifier at punchestown today. 33’s still available

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Keep an eye out for Call Me Lord if he runs in the Coral Cup. Will have an outstanding chance running off a high 140s mark.

Hawkhead70 wrote: »
    Dalton Highway ran a nice race having been upped in trip in the pertemps qualifier at punchestown today. 33’s still available

Thought it was a good trial myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

What time will we see the weights at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 StevieNick

About 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

12.30 tomorrow supposedly.

I was informed they were out today... You just can't get the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slattsy wrote: »
    I was informed they were out today... You just can't get the staff.

Spreading lies Slatts! :pac:

Spreading lies Slatts! :pac:

I speak the trood.

• Advertisement

I’m reliably informed that the weights are out this morning at 11:30am

The Mig wrote: »

Fook. I'm a call until 12.30 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

After yesterday's false promise, I don't know if I can rely on you any longer.

Sincerest apologies NaiveMelodies. Today is the day though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Sincerest apologies NaiveMelodies. Today is the day though

Mealy mouthed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fake news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

Davy Russel hinting at Saint calvados going for the Coral cup
    Well that would be utterly bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭marty whelan

Anyone else think Campeador is a potential plot? Would have won fred winter off 141, think he's off 134 in martin pipe? I kinda want someone to talk me out if making a sizeable wager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone else think Campeador is a potential plot? Would have won fred winter off 141, think he's off 134 in martin pipe? I kinda want someone to talk me out if making a sizeable wager

around a long long time now and has won furck all, couldnt touch him.

but what do i know!!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    around a long long time now and has won furck all, couldnt touch him.

but what do i know!!!

Very little, but i agree with you.

Advertisement