Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

keano_afc wrote: »
    Plenty to be concerned about. This person also supports giving puberty blockers to children. Thread below is worth reading.

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1351552566161625090?s=19

That tweet says "Trans-identified male". Is that term considered interchangeable with Trans-woman? Google search results aren't clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

keano_afc wrote: »
    No, I don’t think it makes sense to give drugs to children that will make them sterile and cause issues with bone development, especially when the vast majority of gender dysphoric children grow out of it.

But I guess I’m old fashioned like that.

Another topic for another thread methinks.

By all means, academia will explore many of the factors involved, the one she shared appeared to especially regard psychological trauma of going through what amounts to two puberties. Sterility and bone complications may be another. Doctors will surely consider all factors when working with their patients, and consult them accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Overheal wrote: »
    Another topic for another thread methinks.

By all means, academia will explore many of the factors involved, the one she shared appeared to especially regard psychological trauma of going through what amounts to two puberties. Sterility and bone complications may be another. Doctors will surely consider all factors when working with their patients, and consult them accordingly.

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to be the case in an alarming number of examples, but I agree with you that this discussion is not for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

We speculate about it idly but yea, there’s at least a chance he never lives in Deleware ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I present to the world, the new Messiah!

https://streamable.com/hxjon

Metoo, feminists and any one with a shred of human decency or integrity should be appalled by this absolute creep!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

theguzman wrote: »
    I present to the world, the new Messiah!

theguzman don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Not a good look tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not a good look tbh.

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Not a good look tbh.

You need a new tune.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114770759

Not a good look tbh.

It's a great look, that's what a real 'alpha male' looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Thread's not even 12 hours old and two bannings already :pac: :pac:

Donnie's disciples just can't help themselves icon9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

When someone needs a million troops to protect them when taking a job on day one, it's not confidence-inspiring as to where the "company" is headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As somebody who was initially concerned about Joe Biden and even when those concerns were obviously not an issue I didn't consider him a good candidate. What I've seen of him since the last debate has changed my mind completely. I think he'll be a great POTUS. I think he'll reunite the country, I think he'll do a lot of good and I'm looking forward to the next four years.

Gradius wrote: »
    When someone needs a million troops to protect them when taking a job on day one, it's not confidence-inspiring as to where the "company" is headed.

You mean the protection he needs from Trump supporting terrorists?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

eagle eye wrote: »
    As somebody who was initially concerned about Joe Biden and even when those concerns were obviously not an issue I didn't consider him a good candidate. What I've seen of him since the last debate has changed my mind completely. I think he'll be a great POTUS. I think he'll reunite the country, I think he'll do a lot of good and I'm looking forward to the next four years.

Hmm..blink twice if you're in danger eagle.

After his speech today, and the live commemoration of the 400,000 American citizens who died of covid, currently on CNN and other channels, Joe Biden- ROCKS!

America has its President back-and he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

He's beyond name calling now- and today has proved that.

The 400 candles representing 400,000 dead Americans is very moving.

I've nothing more to say- the "Sleepy Joe" term has been nuked - it's absolutely confined to history - honour, empathy- remember that?

Joe Biden- President of the United States of America.

God Bless America- we missed you. !

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thanks, Ulysses S. Grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

After his speech today, and the live commemoration of the 400,000 American citizens who died of covid, currently on CNN and other channels, Joe Biden- ROCKS!

America has its President back-and he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

He's beyond name calling now- and today has proved that.

The 400 candles representing 400,000 dead Americans is very moving.

I've nothing more to say- the "Sleepy Joe" term has been nuked - it's absolutely confined to history - honour, empathy- remember that?

Joe Biden- President of the United States of America.

God Bless America- we missed you. !

This is worse than the Trump fanatic rhetoric. I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.

You mean the protection he needs from Trump supporting terrorists?

You mean large swathes of the company's employees? Yes, I do.

Pretending that this is all normal or going to become normal over time is ridiculous. The country is on a slide, regardless of who is supposedly in charge.

You can't run a country when one side believes in martians and the other side doesn't believe gravity. Stark raving lunatics left, right and center. It's only going to get more violent, and that's hardly a long shot prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Overheal wrote: »
    Over 400,000 Americans have died under his tenure and care, due to a pandemic he himself declared a 'war' and he a 'war time president.' We haven't lost that many Americans to a tragedy since the Civil War. He tried, in vain, several times to deploy the military in US Cities, and at our southern border. He was simply too busy waging wars at home and on television to give a toss about the rest of the world, and even at that he still has dropped more bombs than any other President save for FDR during WWII. Easily dropped more than Bush or Obama. https://www.2lt.com.au/trump-who-vowed-to-end-wars-has-dropped-more-bombs-than-bush-or-obama/

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game! We will also see how many armed conflicts Biden gets involved with. As for the appointment of health secretary...
    https://twitter.com/mary89299980/status/1260789830012882944?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game! We will also see how many armed conflicts Biden gets involved with. As for the appointment of health secretary...

And I'll be ignoring such facile and irrelevant posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,538 ✭✭✭✭briany

Very tough ask for Biden to reunite the American public. The only thing I will say is that at least he won't actively prey on division like Trump did as a cynical and utterly reckless tactic to grow his base, and can at least be sane and try to seek something resembling a consensus.

But, but, but...

Sam Harris discussed this on his podcast, and I think it's a good point - Biden had a speech planned to talk about his COVID relief proposals, including a plan to prioritise minority-owned businesses. You can see how this could be perfectly well-meaning yet be an own goal and something that feeds into the increasing paranoia across the whole spectrum of the American Right. The Right will see it as blatant favouritism, exactly the same way as Donald Trump had been accused of favouritism towards white people, Biden/Harris would be accused of favouritism and it just rives that divide, even if it's a more innocent way to do it. I would take the point that minority-owned businesses do need the help more if you look at the economic statistics, but I don't think that all those white people from the left-behind wastes of the Rust Belt take that point in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Covid deaths aren’t going to magically stop tomorrow.
    They could hit half a million next month.
    The opportunity to somewhat control it was wasted months ago.

Also this person is nominated for Assistant Health Secretary.
    Not the health secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

They know that. The truth doesn't suit the mindset and the agenda.

briany wrote: »
    Very tough ask for Biden to reunite the American public. The only thing I will say is that at least he won't actively prey on division like Trump did as a cynical and utterly reckless tactic to grow his base, and can at least be sane and try to seek something resembling a consensus.

But, but, but...

Sam Harris discussed this on his podcast, and I think it's a good point - Biden had a speech planned to talk about his COVID relief proposals, including a plan to prioritise minority-owned businesses. You can see how this could be perfectly well-meaning yet be an own goal and something that feeds into the increasing paranoia across the whole spectrum of the American Right. The Right will see it as blatant favouritism, exactly the same way as Donald Trump had been accused of favouritism towards white people, Biden/Harris would be accused of favouritism and it just rives that divide, even if it's a more innocent way to do it. I would take the point that minority-owned businesses do need the help more if you look at the economic statistics, but I don't think that all those white people from the left-behind wastes of the Rust Belt take that point in the same way.

That's just it, I'm not half as optimistic as you. If you have two distinctly opposing groups of people, everything done/undone, said/not said, implied/ignored just adds fuel to one or the other (or both!)

It's well and easy to see the United States as an experiment, but how you can see it as anything other than a failing experiment, in real time, requires some serious jam-jar glasses.

Look at what the United States has done in the last 10 to 20 years as a society, learn the lesson, and avoid repeating it like your countrys existence depends on it.

I wouldn't even blink if government/opposition members started getting knocked off. It's that close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Same can be said about leaders of all countries where the numbers have increased. Can we blame our leaders for the massive spike in cases across Europe? Covid is not something to be controlled. I suppose Biden could lockdown the country down until numbers start to drop. Plus he has the added advantage of there being vaccines now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Polar101

While the country is very divided, I think Biden's job might be "easy" - if he doesn't do anything that's too dramatic, he'll be compared favourably to Trump. Outside the US, it will be very easy for him to improve relations and do better than Trump.

Advertisement