Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That must be why loads of the replies are asking what's going on

if people can't understand what has happened from the tweet then the issue is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Amazing how many people are getting upset with this but also claiming there is no 'far right'. If you genuinely believed this why would you get so angry at the statement?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

dan1895 wrote: »
    Amazing how many people are getting upset with this but also claiming there is no 'far right'. If you genuinely believed this why would you get so angry at the statement?

Trying to figure out who you're referring to in this post Dan as there's only a handful of posts since the original post quoting Stephen Breen and, well, who? wha? huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

humberklog wrote: »
    Trying to figure out who you're referring to in this post Dan as there's only a handful of posts since the original post quoting Stephen Breen and, well, who? wha? huh?

Replies on Twitter. Not people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So you want the public broadcaster to spend hundreds of thousands of euro, maybe even millions of euro on putting together documentaries that give credibility to quack conspiracy theorists to solve a problem that isn't worth €500 for you to spend?

It doesn't really add up.

When you're dealing with people who believe that a guitar pedal circuit diagram, complete with bass, treble, volume labels is the 5G chip embedded in the vaccine, spending millions on documentaries isn't going to help.

https://twitter.com/mariofusco/status/1343547724013187072

So our future is playing air guitar and headbanging to songs the unvacinated

can't hear......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

There will be Moderna, Pfizer, and other manufacturers.
    How does anyone know if the actual vaccine is the same? Could even, various batches at different times differ somewhat?
    Different groups of people may be vaccinated with different manufacturers' vaccines.

And this has what to do with Gemma??

No it isn't.

A doctor won't have more than 10 minutes to hurriedly discuss what might be dozens of questions one might have about vaccine safety. Unless you are willing to part with about 540 euro to clear his morning appointments for a one on one breakdown.

I've never seen a HSE vaccine safety document for public distribution that actually went into details. It is a 2 page document with a smiling healthy baby on it for the most part.

The CMO and his deputy were claiming during all of August to October that despite going from single figures in mid June to hundreds by September, foreign travel contributed circa 2 percent to this. They released a deeply flawed study linking the opening of pubs to the spread of the virus in September that completely ignored the reopening of schools and colleges at the time, and foreign travel, as a factor. It was nothing less than a furthering of their anti pub agenda.

The CMO is probably the last person people would trust regarding a vaccine.

All of the above could be sorted by a series of documentaries or interactive current affair type set ups on the state broadcaster. But they won't bother.

You admit you get a two page document?? How many pages do you want? Truth is the majority of people will not read more than one page on any medical leaflet because they trust the medical professionals. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I've never seen a HSE vaccine safety document for public distribution that actually went into details. It is a 2 page document with a smiling healthy baby on it for the most part.

Go to your medicine cabinet and open a pack of paracetamol, and read the warning leaflet. Look at all those words! Scary! And it's in small print! Best never, ever take a paracetamol again! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I wasn't suggesting that the majority of people on boards are far-right. But it does seem like the majority of far-right people are on boards - it is their preferred home these days.

All this shows then is how the far right is virtually non existent in Ireland, yet made out to be some huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Folks, let us all try to keep our composure here. I would suggest in the interests of the discussion that we refrain from unfounded speculation on the causes of the suicide. It cant be proven either way, so no one is going to definitively 'win' that argument.

At the same time, people are free to discuss the fact this happened. I would ask they be respectful in doing so; and will issue cards if i find that is not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

<snip>
    protonmike wrote: »
    <snip>
    <snip>

Mod

Both of you done in this thread. Dont post again. My warning is less than 10 posts ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am closing this thread while I have a look through it

To be clear none of us are in a position to determine a cause of death. To speculate is potentially prejudicial to any formal investigation. Please await the conclusion of any official investigation

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A large number of posts deleted

The tragic death of the Garda is completely off topic. Anyone even mentioning it will be subject to a minimum threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but what’s happening (or has happened) in relation to the legal costs related to the case that Gemma O’Doherty and John Waters took against the State?

My understanding is that costs were awarded against them. Have any steps been taken to recover these costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

I think over three and a half thousand dead people might have disagreed with her statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

She needs to be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She needs to be sectioned.

listening to that line gets tiresome

have you any idea just how difficult it is to section someone in this country in 2021 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    listening to that line gets tiresome

have you any idea just how difficult it is to section someone in this country in 2021 ?

Yes, but the point still stands.

She needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

She needs help.

That’s one way of putting it.

Her behaviour is vile and I’m not convinced that it can be excused by attributing it to some form of mental illness.

Yes, it would be great if there was some legitimate way of preventing her from spreading her vitriol. But trying to get her committed is probably not the way to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

She needs help.

She may need help but if she's not causing acute harm to herself or others she cant be involuntatily admitted under the Mental Health Act - no matter how much you dont like her.

PhoneMain wrote: »
    She may need help but if she's not causing acute harm to herself or others she cant be involuntatily admitted under the Mental Health Act - no matter how much you dont like her.

In all honesty though she is causing serious harm to herself.

Through mental illness she will always be known as this hateful, disgusting person.

How is she supposed to come back from that and recover when it's discovered that she had some form of breakdown and had no idea what she was going on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

I reckon with the week that was and all that happened she might maybe get some clarity and tone it down abit. Same goes for the other right wing talking heads, they dont want rise their heads too far above the parapet incase of being deplatformed also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

abff wrote: »
    That’s one way of putting it.

Her behaviour is vile and I’m not convinced that it can be excused by attributing it to some form of mental illness.

Yes, it would be great if there was some legitimate way of preventing her from spreading her vitriol. But trying to get her committed is probably not the way to do this.

Cant have it both ways. It's just a matter of time until someone bricks her brain at this rate. She really is protected by the very laws and government she claims to be oppressing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I reckon with the week that was and all that happened she might maybe get some clarity and tone it down abit. Same goes for the other right wing talking heads, they dont want rise their heads too far above the parapet incase of being deplatformed also

They don't care; Mr. Miller of Yellow Vests Ireland, Mr. Heasman @ his anti RTE (Rte aren't Catholic enough despite Daily Masses, Weekend Masses, toe-ing the Iona Institute line in the Panti Bliss incident on the Brendan O'Connor Show, pulling the WWN satirical sketch this week, Urbi et Orbi, Easter Ceremonies on Holy Thursday/Good Friday/Hold Saturday/Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve Carol Service, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Masses and I think they do something New Years Day too), Dolores & her crew of Flange, Sandra Giltrap etc.

They all parrot & echo each other; even if Gemma had a Eureka moment they'd still carry on.

I can't understand why the Irexit/IFP, Renua, National Party, Yellow Vests, Christian Solidarity & Jobs Party, Identity Ireland, Gemma, Andy, Graham, Ben, Dolores, Flange etc. all don't unite and form one party to at least have some chance?

Amont of times during the General Election you'd have muppets commenting under Candidate Xs Twitter feeds saying they'd be voting for them; then you point out they're both in different constituencies......dose!

Still though they do have some TDs leaning towards them as it is; Peadar Toibin, Michael McNamara, Michael Collins & MHR & DHR too; I'm probably omitting one or two too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I can only presume she has no sane friends left who could stage an intervention/sectioning. She's clearly very unwell.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    They all parrot & echo each other; even if Gemma had a Eureka moment they'd still carry on.

I can't understand why the Irexit/IFP, Renua, National Party, Yellow Vests, Christian Solidarity & Jobs Party, Identity Ireland, Gemma, Andy, Graham, Ben, Dolores, Flange etc. all don't unite and form one party to at least have some chance?

Ego. At least that's what I think.

They are toxic, bigoted, narcissistic megalomaniacs - each of them wants the airspace to themselves and each of them wants to be the one who "saves" Ireland from the imaginary threats it faces. Because they each think they are the only one capable of doing so.

And if they won't listen to the overwhelming majority of people who disgree with them, I don't see why they would listen to one another. And I am very glad they don't appear to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nokia6230i wrote:

A mix of lefties and righties, in one party! I can't see that working

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Gemma and the head of the National Party, can't remember his name, are already at each other's throats and they're not even in the same party!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    A mix of lefties and righties, in one party! I can't see that working

Where are the lefties in that list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gemma and the head of the National Party, can't remember his name, are already at each other's throats and they're not even in the same party!

Where are the lefties in that list?

id class the yellow vests more left than anything, wouldnt surprise me if there was a few lefties involved in irexit to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement