Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Birneybau wrote: »
    The tricolour has been co-opted by any and all loopers. Does not represent Republican leanings for the most part in these cretins hands.

It's more of an 'Ireland for the Irish' thing, check out that cnut Mick O'Keefe and his ilk on Twitter.

It's only a tricolour if it's from the Champagne region of France. Otherwise it's just sparkling Cote d'Ivoire!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Birneybau wrote: »
    The tricolour has been co-opted by any and all loopers. Does not represent Republican leanings for the most part in these cretins hands.

It's more of an 'Ireland for the Irish' thing, check out that cnut Mick O'Keefe and his ilk on Twitter.

It's always seemed to me that it's supposed to be a sort of appropriation - that their displaying of the flag coupled with their antipathy for the government is intended to show that they represent Ireland/the Irish people and that the government/"establishment" doesn't. They seem to think it adds legitimacy. Or something.

It always amuses me when people say that Sinn Féin are left wing. I don't see what's any more left wing about them that any other centrist party, except perhaps Fine Gael. They are just extremely populist, slightly left of centre social democrats, imho. But the whole left/right dichotomy annoys me anyway - I would rather the term "far-right" be replaced with the more accurate "xenophobic, nativist, natalist bigots", but that's a bit clunky.

As for Gemma, she's just the gaudiest stripe on the nutjob rainbow. My fear would be that the faction she represents will outlive/outgrow her and her ilk and replace them with someone more charismatic and superficially "reasonable" who will bring their shíte into the mainstream, in the way that Nick Griffin did for the BNP during the 2000's.

That's why I think giving her any amount of publicity is counter-productive, even if it is criticism/condemnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

pinkyeye wrote: »
    In all honesty though she is causing serious harm to herself.

Through mental illness she will always be known as this hateful, disgusting person.

How is she supposed to come back from that and recover when it's discovered that she had some form of breakdown and had no idea what she was going on about?

That doesnt constitute harm as under the Mental Health Act? How come noone ever says we should section Dee Wall or Jim Corr?

I can only presume she has no sane friends left who could stage an intervention/sectioning. She's clearly very unwell.

You could get her involuntarily admitted under the Mental Health Act but she'd be out in 24 hours after review by a consultant psychiatrist. It would be very hard to even get someone to do that unless she was walking around threatening to seriously harm herself or others.

Acosta wrote: »
    It's tough on the Guards having to deal with this lot but there's not much they can do. Despite a lot of talk from the government at various stages since last March, there is no legislation as far as I know that means they can do anything other than advise people.

Just wondering could they have arrested them for causing an obstruction on the road or for going against a guards instruction? That video makes my blood boil, creeps and losers the lot of them. Look at the scenes around the country last night in hospitals which is only going to get worse in the next 2 weeks and this is the sh1te that these fooking good for nothing losers are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So shes completely deplatformed now with Parler gone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

The Nal wrote: »

she still has her banners and flyovers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

PhoneMain wrote: »
    You could get her involuntarily admitted under the Mental Health Act but she'd be out in 24 hours after review by a consultant psychiatrist. It would be very hard to even get someone to do that unless she was walking around threatening to seriously harm herself or others.

Wow, this thread keeps getting crepier, more obsessive and downright loopier then G'OD herself.

Listern to youself Mr. 'Gulag's for wrong-thinkers' guy and check you own obsessive and neurotic thought process instead perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Nal wrote: »

she still has clouds to shout at.

conorhal wrote: »
    Wow, this thread keeps getting crepier, more obsessive and downright loopier then G'OD herself.

Listern to youself Mr. 'Gulag's for wrong-thinkers' guy and check you own obsessive and neurotic thought process instead perhaps.

What the hell are you on about? I think you've misread my posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

conorhal wrote: »
    Wow, this thread keeps getting crepier,

I felt it was more of a delicious pancake myself. Hmm.

And yeah i think you misread the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

show us a an SF TD a Councillor anyone _currently_ with a specific position in SF at any level at these yellow vest/anti-mask protests? (not somebody who appears to be an SF supporter but somebody with a position in SF)

To obsessives like Eric Cartman, of course, that in itself will somehow be twisted as proof that SF are behind the Yellow Vests and anti-lockdown protests, secretly orchestrating them, like the way Mary Lou McDonald ordered the Birmingham bombings when she was barely in primary school.

But we're dealing with someone who thinks that displaying an Irish flag and Irish language material at a protest (however misguided that protest might be) in actual Ireland is a terrible thing.

wiggle16 wrote: »
    I felt it was more of a delicious pancake myself. Hmm.

And yeah i think you misread the OP.

Ah sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Did all the village idiots get released at the same time over the weekend, Twitter full of videos of them acting the boll1x in various locations.

Anyway, this one gets his ar5e handed to him by a very patient and professional Garda.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Sheridan/status/1348398878333218819

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That guard is exemplary, polite, firm and effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Gemmas goon didn't get the opportunity the whinge and cry and play the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The RPU lads are the best at not taking any crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

It's just time to stop giving these people social welfare. Just cut it and tell them to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did all the village idiots get released at the same time over the weekend, Twitter full of videos of them acting the boll1x in various locations.

Anyway, this one gets his ar5e handed to him by a very patient and professional Garda.

Did he video that interaction, get completely schooled - and then post it online anyway? :confused:

Even thicker than I thought (which was pretty thick to start with)!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Did he video that interaction, get completely schooled - and then post it online anyway? :confused:

Yes, guessing it was cut from his livestream. These are not exactly our best and brightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I believe he was streaming it live. The flute

I believe he was streaming it live. The flute

He actually replied :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/AlanSwe15236310/status/1348379884880584706

The best bit is the description on twitter profile

"Proudly from Ireland. Pharmaceutical Scientist. Critical Thinker."
    The only bit he got right was from Ireland and he didn't manage that, it happened his mother just fired him out in this country!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That donkey claims in his twitter profile to be a "Pharmaceutical Scientist" :eek:
    Is that a real scientist or one of those facebook type anti-science scientist types?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That donkey claims in his twitter profile to be a "Pharmaceutical Scientist" :eek:
    Is that a real scientist or one of those facebook type anti-science scientist types?

I think it means he grows his own weed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

https://twitter.com/ShaneCollender/status/1348375775607664648

I love this reply

Who said reading about loons on the internet isn't educational....!!!! I've learnt a new insult today

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

"It's not a game, Alan"

He fair shut him up brilliant lol

Anytime I disagree with my husband I am just going to say "coercive control!" Over and over again

I think he is mixed a bit up, one day he got lost on the way to principals office and stepped into the chemistry classroom and walked out.
    That was the best 20 seconds education he got

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That Alan Sweeney is the eejit that attempted to walk from Galway to Dublin, twice, for the 'homeless'. Total dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

BnB wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ShaneCollender/status/1348375775607664648

I love this reply

Who said reading about loons on the internet isn't educational....!!!! I've learnt a new insult today

Haha that back down was embarrassing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement