Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a Mira Elite ST Shower

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My mother had the Elite St and changed to a Triton so I inherited the Elite and fitted it to replace my one. We'll see how long it lasts , if was working fine for her but got limited use , more a fan of the bath she is ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's a dead motor or the brushes in the motor

So no point getting , someone out. Just replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Webbs wrote:
    So no point getting , someone out. Just replace it

Mira parts are very expensive. You're looking at the over 200 for a new motor supply and fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Mira parts are very expensive. You're looking at the over 200 for a new motor supply and fitted

Thanks for your help. Is frustrating as for something that is used once in a blue moon I wanted a cheap alternative and that doesnt seem likely

Webbs wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. Is frustrating as for something that is used once in a blue moon I wanted a cheap alternative and that doesnt seem likely

Recommended motor might suit the.

http://dublinshowerrepair.com/showerparts/product/mira-elite-st-pump-motor/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 pipsdad

Hi, I've read through all but can't see a definitive answer, I'm replacing a Mira Elite ST and want to put in Triton T90sr, is footprint the same or will the plumber have extra to do? the Mira is 90mm from right wall, sorry if its been asked before?

pipsdad wrote: »
    Hi, I've read through all but can't see a definitive answer, I'm replacing a Mira Elite ST and want to put in Triton T90sr, is footprint the same or will the plumber have extra to do? the Mira is 90mm from right wall, sorry if its been asked before?

The Mira Elite is taller than the Triton so the real question is your shower fully tiled behind?

The Triton should fit in the available space or the pipe might need to be moved a few mm. This isn't a problem in a stud partition.

If you live in an area that has dedicated shower repair companies they can bring a few showers with them. For anyone changing from Mira to triton I'd always bring a Mira & Triton because you never know if it's tiled behind till the old shower comes off the wall

The Mira Elite is taller than the Triton so the real question is your shower fully tiled behind?

The Triton should fit in the available space or the pipe might need to be moved a few mm. This isn't a problem in a stud partition.

If you live in an area that has dedicated shower repair companies they can bring a few showers with them. For anyone changing from Mira to triton I'd always bring a Mira & Triton because you never know if it's tiled behind till the old shower comes off the wall

I'm pretty positive its fully tiled. You are a gent, thanks.

Looking around this looks the best deal on these €214 delivered.. https://www.woodies.ie/triton-t90sr-9kw-silent-pumped-electric-shower-1128888

pipsdad wrote:
    Looking around this looks the best deal on these €214 delivered..

For this weekend only I'm told so I wouldn't wait around

• Advertisement

For this weekend only I'm told so I wouldn't wait around
    Ordered, thanks for sharing your knowledge.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

largepants wrote: »
    Was hoping you'd be the poster to answer my queries.

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. My wife would prefer the silent shower so I'll ask the showerman to bring both the tritons. I'm in Cork otherwise I'd ask you to do it.

Thanks again.

Hi Largepants,
    Apologies in advance for bumping an old thread.
    Did you get this job done in the end?
    I am in Cork and have the exact same dilemma - swapping out a MiraElite ST for a Triton.
    Finding it difficult to get someone to take on the work.
    Every one i contacted just wants to come in and out and only just swap like for like. 390 euro is the going rate in Cork for supply and fit the Mira Elite QT.
    More like 320 euro in Dubland.

Can yuo recommend anyone?
    Many thanks in advance.
    gLog..

glog wrote:
    Can yuo recommend anyone? Many thanks in advance. gLog..

I've sent you a pm with someone's details just in case largepants doesn't get back to you. It's close to Christmas and we're all flat out at the moment

Advertisement