Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Will have to stick with my buddy del roy and go for Echo express in the 2.50 Zim.

Well done,you may have misread my post and mistook 12.50 for 2.50,we should have taken the tip as Echo was a nice winner.

Tricky and mostly low grade stuff thursday,but 3 at Chelmsford who are in good form might pay to back in ew doubles and an ew treble and i will have a couple of single bets also.

PRETTY EYES 5.15 ran down the field in her first 3 races going off at 14/1,25/1 and 40/1 and was 16/1 for her first handicap when a good 3rd over 7 furlongs.Left at 56 the filly can win an ordinary nursery for Richard Hughes at 4/1--7/2.

ROSINA won the 7 15 off 1 lb lower last year and showed she is back in form with 2 good runs back on the AW,just touched off last time in a class 4 looks to have a very good chance as she seems to run well at this time iof the year,9/2--5/1.

I am surprised to see YOUR BAND drop down a furlong in the 8 .45 as i was hoping the gelding would go up a furlong.left with way too much to do over 11 furlongs he ran on well for 2nd but had no hope of catching the winner.

Won over 12 furlongs on his previous run showing good speed when again coming late to win at Lingfield.Only raised 3 lbs for that win,i believe the 3 year old is very well handicapped on the basis of 3 runs over 7,8 and 9 furlongs when going off at 66/1,100/1 and 66/1.

Despite the drop in distance YOUR BAND could still be the bet of the day as i reckon the horse has a lot in hand and his trainer,Jamie Osborne may have him ridden closer to the pace this time.5/2 and a couple will probably go 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Really like PIVOTAL FLAME in the 2:40 @ Lingfield today (currently 9/4 on BF).

Traveled really well held up out the back last time out, only to cruise up around the outside and go on and lead by 5 lengths a furlong and half out, but perhaps made the move a little too early as was just nabbed on the line by a late closer.

Drops back 2f to his optimal trip of 1m2f today (his four career wins have all been over this trip, two of them over C&D) so looks to me like he has a really good shout.

We'll get him again, easily the best horse in the field.

Have to say fair play to Bradley for the following comments. Be great if more jockeys held their hands up similarly when they've not preformed to their best.

https://twitter.com/Simongoff21/status/1072869822562627585

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Western Sun runs again today at 12:55 in tramore had it backed at 8/1 when it ran last time out, hopeful again today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

but1er wrote: »
    Western Sun runs again today at 12:55 in tramore had it backed at 8/1 when it ran last time out, hopeful again today

Fair punt on elliots yoke in that race 4s was as big as I seen

• Advertisement

Fair punt on elliots yoke in that race 4s was as big as I seen

Are they punting tough cause it's elliot and Jack? First run past runs very poor

Are they punting tough cause it's elliot and Jack? First run past runs very poor

Same owners as labaik? Might have something to do with it

Hope a few where on it

One more today Beautiful people 3.50 Taunton 4/1

Hope a few where on it

One more today Beautiful people 3.50 Taunton 4/1

Great shout I don't think any morning gambles are to be trusted anymore

Captain Mowbray can get a bit detached but can run on when stamina counts.Worth a little ew at 8s in the 2 55 Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Captain Mowbray can get a bit detached but can run on when stamina counts.Worth a little ew at 8s in the 2 55 Newcastle.

12's now wit PP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Amor Fati 6.15 Chelmsford 14s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Amor Fati 6.15 Chelmsford 14s

Last.

Money back for wooden spoon? :/

Jk

Minella for me 12.00 tomorrow at 2s

My first thoughts on Your Band were right.Probably needs a mile and a half.Lucky I changed my bet to ew at 9 to 4 rather than 100 win.I still lose 22 but could have been worse.

The Bay Birch 1 55 Chel 7 to 1 Lads money back if 2nd to fav
    Turn On The Tears 8 30 Dun 11 to1 4 places Lads.
    Got word for those two.

Single farm payment 2 30 Chel 7 to 1
    My Hometown 3.05 7 to 1 Chel.I give these two ew chances money back Lads.

Tangled 6 45 Kem has been disappointing and owes me a few quid.
    Has been running on too late in his races and must win soon.
    Has a good chance tonight and PP money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to fav and looks a decent bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

From Bettingzone-

2 point tip Theatre Territory 2:30 Chel
    2 point tip Aaron Lad, 3:40 Chel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Baybirch unseated jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Luap wrote: »
    Tamerlane looks like his time is now to win. Currently being nibbled at 2/1

This won came home well to win that time and runs again tonight in the last at Kempton and looks like it will be in the winning enclosure twice in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This won came home well to win that time and runs again tonight in the last at Kempton and looks like it will be in the winning enclosure twice in a week.

Every Breath in Dundalk. Got strong word for this.

Going to do these in a double

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Every Breath in Dundalk. Got strong word for this.

Going to do these in a double

I'll go with that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    From Bettingzone-

2 point tip Theatre Territory 2:30 Chel
    2 point tip Aaron Lad, 3:40 Chel

Aaron Lad won. Happy that the longer odds one won out of the two..

Pipes of Peace,Kempton.7:45 big tip in RP, 6/5.

I have no idea what they are doing with Tangled,breaks well reined back to last shaken up 2 furlongs out,finishes 5th with the fav winning and PP money back 2nd 3rd and 4th.

My 3 at Chel,one falls and other two beaten a head and a neck.

Tamerlane is well fancied in the 8. 45 at Kem but i backed AMERICAN ENDEAVOUR ew at 7s,can be a bit tricky coming out of the stalls but she has solid class 5 form whereas the fav,who won very easy last time in a class 6 and may find class 5 tougher as last time.

won nicely showing good speed at the finish and well backed,my fancy reared leaving the stalls again and will soon get it right i hope.

The Bay Birch 1 55 Chel 7 to 1 Lads money back if 2nd to fav
    Turn On The Tears 8 30 Dun 11 to1 4 places Lads.
    Got word for those two.

Single farm payment 2 30 Chel 7 to 1
    My Hometown 3.05 7 to 1 Chel.I give these two ew chances money back Lads.

Tangled 6 45 Kem has been disappointing and owes me a few quid.
    Has been running on too late in his races and must win soon.
    Has a good chance tonight and PP money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to fav and looks a decent bet.

Did not have the best of luck today with a couple finding trouble and a couple of near misses.Luck however balances itself out and no point moaning too much.

A couple of big priced horses for modest money that could run well on saturday.

CASABLACA MIX is only 6 but is improving all the time and can bustle up a few of the older horses in the 1.55 at Cheltenham,i backed it ew with PP at 14/1 6 places and i expect the horse to run well.

VENTURA BLUES 7 .45 WOL is also 14/1 and i believe that is too big a price for the Hannon filly so i have a few quid ew on.

WATERSWEET 12 .55 Newcastle simply loves staying races on the AW and has a tremendous record on the artificial surface.
    Is opposed in the betting by Festival Of Ages from the powerful Appleby team and this horse could turn to be very good,however on what he has achieved to date (a maiden and a novice over i mile 4) he should not be fav to beat a listed class horse like WATERSMEET particularly as Festival is not certain to stay and at 11/4 WATERSMEET is my fancy to win.

Casablaca mix 14/1 with William Hill, paying 7 places 1/5

Just to mention that 1.55 race at Cheltenham again, Ladbrokes giving online offer, bet €10 win on this race and if it loses you get a €10 free bet for tomorrow. It also includes win part of ew bet.

Away from the big stuff with 3 selections did an ew lucky 15.
    Nearly there 2 40 New.
    Pammi 2.05 New.
    Western wave 2 55 Her.
    Old Guard 3.05 Chel

And despite the fact that Waters meet has drifted to 5 to 1 I have backed it again ew at 5s and unless there is something wrong with the horse he must be placed and unless the Godolphin horse is very good Waters meet should win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

12.20 cotswolds at 8/11

In a double with

12.30 rhinestone 11/4 (and this lad single)

Advertisement