Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Well that was a poor game last night actually thought we were going to lose it on the final drive of the 49ers, we still have a s##t show at kicker missing two pats, the long field goal I can accept 54 yarders are not gimmies like a pat, defense is poor so far, apart from Derwin James no standout player, Darius Phillion is playing well, offense gone 22 game's now without scoring a td on the opening drive of game's is concerning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Where is the BP party on? I might venture by... still not going to the game though, anybody know the best sports bar in the city? I'm not going out to Wembley so won't be the green man for me.

It's on in the tank and paddle,Minister Court, ticket only event for £20, get a free drink or two as well.
    Can get them from boltsoverseas.com

Think ill be heading it to myself.

The Chargers bar for the weekend is Admiralty, Trafalgar Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Rochey18 wrote: »
    It's on in the tank and paddle,Minister Court, ticket only event for £20, get a free drink or two as well.
    Can get them from boltsoverseas.com

Think ill be heading it to myself.

The Chargers bar for the weekend is Admiralty, Trafalgar Square.

I might stick my head into the Admiralty but won't goto the Tank and Paddle event thingie.

Drew Kaser cut... You have to just scratch your head.
    Performing really well punting, surely someone else could hold the ball.

Anybody going to be in the Admiralty Sat afternoon? I plan to be there about 4.

• Advertisement

Anybody going to be in the Admiralty Sat afternoon? I plan to be there about 4.

I'll be there at some stage on Saturday.. Just not sure what time.

I'll be there at some stage on Saturday.. Just not sure what time.

I'll PM you my number and if we meet we meet. If not no sweat, I am meeting a few more bodies later but that might be in the Titans pub (barrow boy and banker, near London bridge).

I'll PM you my number and if we meet we meet. If not no sweat, I am meeting a few more bodies later but that might be in the Titans pub (barrow boy and banker, near London bridge).

Sounds good.

Anyone else heading over?

Sounds good.

Anyone else heading over?

U make it back in 1 piece Rochey? good to meet u. Hope u enjoyed Sunday.

U make it back in 1 piece Rochey? good to meet u. Hope u enjoyed Sunday.

Just about, took me a week to fully recover.

Great to meet up and have a drink.

Was a good weekend, great to get the win.

• Advertisement

I see it's confirmed the Chargers will be doing another Intl game in 2019. A few thinking it will be the Packers in London as they've never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tijuanaboozer

Go Bolts:P

So the Chargers are heading the playoffs.

Huge game tomorrow, really looking forward to it.
    Hopefully we produce a performance and make them sweat against Seattle.

Also the Chargers look like they're heading to London again next year, confirmed as a home team for the international series next year.

Great win and performance for about 50 minutes.

Looking forward to next so much.. We really owe the Patriots one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done tonight guys.

You completely shut down the run game which was going to be the key.

All the best for the rest of the playoffs.

Great win and performance for about 50 minutes.

Looking forward to next so much.. We really owe the Patriots one.

Big-time.. because it is the Pats (who I detest) I might even watch this one.

Adrian Phillips and Melvin Ingram yesterday wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

I would love to see Rivers win or st the very least get to a SB but I think Chargers come up short against the Pats.

Couldn’t put away a rookie QB who did absolutely nothing for 3&1/2 quarters.

Brady is Foxborough is a totally different animal.

I would love to see Rivers win or st the very least get to a SB but I think Chargers come up short against the Pats.

Couldn’t put away a rookie QB who did absolutely nothing for 3&1/2 quarters.

Brady is Foxborough is a totally different animal.

Might be a shoot out as Pats D not nearly as effective as Ravens D.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Might be a shoot out as Pats D not nearly as effective as Ravens D.

I agree it’s not but the Chargers dominated the Ravens for nearly 3 hours & could only win by 6.

They won’t dominate the Pats (as much as I would love it if they did).

I agree it’s not but the Chargers dominated the Ravens for nearly 3 hours & could only win by 6.

I have a feeling they very well might dominate them. Run game is huge for us.
    Ingram was a man possessed yesterday.
    Bosa and Ingram getting after Brady will be a joy.

Hopefully Mebane plays, we'll know today if Henry is involved.

• Advertisement

The Chargers D dominated, the O was awful... that has a lot to do with how good the Ravens D is. The Chargers O should put up many more points next weekend. Will be interesting to see how the D deal with Brady et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Having two elite edge rushers is very important. Bosa and Ingram will give the Patriots O-line the vapours.

I just don't think the Chargers offence is playing well enough. Tough to see a Patriots loss.

Terrible news about Mebane hope he has the game of his life Sunday

Terrible news about Mebane hope he has the game of his life Sunday

Something like that could provide extra motivation for the others ie. do it for his daughter kinda thing... or it could go the other way and tire them out mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Fantastic to see Rivers back in the play-offs and with a legitimate team around him. Telesco has done a great job at building the roster and Lynn has brought real character to them. They don’t seem as flakey as previous Charger teams.
    I don’t think they’ll win it all but I think they’ll win this weekend.

We've signed another kicker, Rose who'll take kick-offs to ensure Patterson can't return them. Was undrafted and signed with the Falcons

What happened??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

What happened??
    Pats had a game plan that they executed perfectly. Short passes that were caught, gave the Chargers pass rush little time to get to Brady, and the Pats turned those short passes into nice gains (breaking tackles). Pats rarely in 3rd and long. Allowed them to run the ball as well. And dominated possession.

On the other side of the ball, the Pats got to Rivers early and got into his head big time. He lost control of things, the delay of games a sign of him being flustered. Apart from the opening drive, when Gilmore gave up the open TD, the Pats made everything tough for the receivers, and never left the Chargers really run the ball.

Brady was vintage, and his OL run blocked and pass protected really well. With the quick passes, it was too easy for Brady. Pats in the second half took their foot off the pedal and worked the clock.

Maybe it was the experience of being there and done that, or the extra week off, or the travel for the Chargers.... but it was mismatch tonight. Good season for the Chargers, and they are a better team than what turned up today.

The Mebane moment was a nice touch. As a dad of two, really felt for the guy. At the end of the day, it's a football game, not life or death.

Best of luck next season, you've a lot to build with going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

What happened??

Men against boys.

Old man Rivers had a mental break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Season just days away so I thought I'd look this thread up and see if there's many if any of us left on here,

What does everyone think for the new season, I'm not overly confident I think 8-8 or 9-7 is the limit for the team, the reason be I have nlvery little confidence in the offensive line, especially the tackles Scott or tevi, I think they will have rivers under constant pressure and very little to no run game while Melvin is holding out, i like ekler and Jackson but don't think they can carry the full load especially against stacked box's inside the 5 where Melvin got most his tds, defense is going to carry this team I think, even without James they should be top 8 defensive unit, bosa Ingram and tillery upfront should be exciting to watch imo,

Advertisement