Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Bob Harris wrote: »
    In at $7.20 - on it's way to 7 now.

Could still be a few dodgy days ahead, comes out of lock up on Monday, another 160m shares available to trade, risk of some/a lot of these appearing on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can anyone recommend penny stocks.

Lost on Tawana previously but would like to add a penny stock to portfolio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Can anyone recommend penny stocks.

Lost on Tawana previously but would like to add a penny stock k to portfolio

RGSE, do your homework though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Could still be a few dodgy days ahead, comes out of lock up on Monday, another 160m shares available to trade, risk of some/a lot of these appearing on the market.

I think the fact that the price has fallen over $3 dollars this week will mean that not many would sell. IPO was $6.25 so I'd guess/hope most will hold at current levels. The Hang Seng took a big fall today though of nearly 2% which won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bought some TEUM on a couple of days ago, eyeing up CRNT, LPTH and TEVA ,anyone in any of those, any recommendations?
    SPY is scaring the pants off me currently, part of me wants to dump and sit on the sidelines for a bit while I'm still a bit but declining, ahead!.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anyone think smurfit kappa might see a second takeover bid this year?, its always been an example of a great company but a rubbish stock, goes nowhere on good results or at least looses all its post earnings gains pretty quickly

RGSE, do your homework though.

Thank you

Thank you

Edit: just seen that its not available on Degiro

Should be available as RGS Energy on the Frankfurt exchange

A fair bit of activity on SEEL this morning, closed at $3.04, has traded over $7 already this morning, currently around $5.30, might be an opportunity for a quick in and out

Should be available as RGS Energy on the Frankfurt exchange

Yes it is. Do you know if a minimum amount of shares must be purchased or can you buy any amount.

• Advertisement

Yes it is. Do you know if a minimum amount of shares must be purchased or can you buy any amount.

Not sure, my shares were moved from NASDAQ and didn't have a minimum there. Down 20% today, probably not worst time to buy.

SPY looking a bit hairy to me.

A fair bit of activity on AXGT pre market, closed at $1.48 on Friday, currently around $2.15, might be an opportunity for a quick trade today

Not sure, my shares were moved from NASDAQ and didn't have a minimum there. Down 20% today, probably not worst time to buy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Nice Facebook rebound in recent weeks, long may it continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I've averaged down here quite a bit. Results next week on the 12th so hopefully some decent sales and this can begin to climb out of the slump.
    It's market cap is only about $250m and must surely be a buy out candidate.

Verastem.... up to high of 3.30 today since 2.80 last week.
    Dump or hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Verastem.... up to high of 3.30 today since 2.80 last week.
    Dump or hold?

I have some VSTM too ... my BEP is in the $4's soo I'm holding until it at least reaches my BEP :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I have some VSTM too ... my BEP is in the $4's soo I'm holding until it at least reaches my BEP :p

Hold for possible buyout though?

I dumped it.

Also dumped everything bar RGSE and HIVE.

Too under water with both to sell.

Needed to cash out for a big purchase so on the sidelines otherwise for now.

Got out of Ryanair just before the drop, same with NIO and BOI. Was due a bit of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

I've been using ig index as my broker for the last 3 years. I recieved an e-mail from them last week basically saying that due to brexit I may have to close my account with them. I originally had an account with Davys but their platform is like something from the nineties. And as for charges!!!!! I trade mostely US shares. $15 to buy, $15 to sell, whether it's one share or a thousand, and thats it. Lightning fast and up to date on everything. Davys on the other hand are a joke (a bad joke). I see a lot of people here use degiro. Is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

VSTM with crap Q4 sales.
    Tanking AH.

Thanks for taking it for the team, I'll get in again at 6.50

Might wait a bit longer actually...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anybody looking at Boeing?

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody looking at Boeing?

They hovered around 320 after the last crash so think there's more to go.

Had a pre-market order for AKTX at $2.04, didn't fill and didn't chase it, now over $5 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Can someone recommend where a newbie can dip their toe in the share world, I'm talking about a few hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Green&Red wrote: »
    Can someone recommend where a newbie can dip their toe in the share world, I'm talking about a few hundred
    Degiro.

US finally grounded 737 Max's too. BA sure to drop further.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MuttonChop

Aryzta AG went up 20% over the last 24 hours. I went in right after the stock split. If only i had some extra cash to chuck into it at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Had a great day yesterday with TEUM, took profits at $4.85 , undecided now whether I should get back in as its a little below my sale price now, I think this is ripe for a takeover bid in the coming future and if not plenty of room to grow, anyone else have some?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement