Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Bob Harris wrote: »
    NIO down over 10% after ER.

The SP is taking a right trimmin, those lads who were selling yesterday knew something.Had a couple of quick in and outs over the last couple of days.
    Edit: Actually a fair bit of seesawing AH, a few bob to be made but you'd need balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Welp, down 17% AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I jumped ship yesterday, was going to let it sit but got out at what I got in at.
    I was reading about companies that get bumped down to OTC, a few but not many make it back. RGSE could well be one that does, it's really only about to get going but I'll watch from the sidelines.

Have to give it to Degiro they are very helpful.

NIO BEP 7.16

Easy back to 10+ in coming weeks or months.

Might pick up some more today.

NIO BEP 7.16

Easy back to 10+ in coming weeks or months.

Might pick up some more today.

Today looks like being a tough day, 8.4s at the moment pre-market, stocks often oversold on news, stabilise for a few days, and then start a gradual improvement. Will be interesting to see how this one develops. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Today looks like being a tough day, 8.4s at the moment pre-market, stocks often oversold on news, stabilise for a few days, and then start a gradual improvement. Will be interesting to see how this one develops. Best of luck with it.

What price ye guys thinking of getting into NIO at? Its $8 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

What price ye guys thinking of getting into NIO at? Its $8 now.

$8 is a fair enough price, I think it has mroe to drop though short term.
    I'd be confident of it recovering however as the year goes on. Electric cars aren't the future they're the now. People will be buying them. A lot of people's first car will be electric. It's becoming the new norm.
    They had sales of only 800 for one model in February but China is on shutdown for 2 or more weeks for the Chinese new year so hardly surprising they fell from January's levels. They'll be back on track for March as will the SP I think.

Bought more NIO at 8.30 then sold the lot at 8.50 after feeling the urge to take profits.

On the sidelines for now, complete U turn on my attitude towards it 24 hours ago.

Took a nice 18% BOI profit this morning too.

Current holdings:

Starbucks BEP 64.90
    Ryanair BEP 10.41
    RGSE BEP 0.51
    HIVE BEP 1.31

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Bought more NIO at 8.30 then sold the lot at 8.50 after feeling the urge to take profits.

On the sidelines for now, complete U turn on my attitude towards it 24 hours ago.

Took a nice 18% BOI profit this morning too.

Current holdings:

Starbucks
    Ryanair
    RGSE
    HIVE

HIVE killing me but have my BEP down to 1.09 from 1.72
    Ryanair (BEP 16.60 so a bit off the green yet)
    Square Enix (BEP 41 - mad swings almost daily on this for some reason)
    Verastem - write off
    Viking Therapeutics - BEP 14.16
    EVR Holdings - write off
    Barclays - BEP 213 - down about 22% but happy to hold.
    Tarsus Group plc - saw this tipped in th Fin Times a few weeks ago - liked the sound of what the guy had to say. up 10%

I think you did well, looks like there might be volatility for a while

• Advertisement

Verastem - write off
    EVR Holdings - write off
    Tarsus Group plc - saw this tipped in th Fin Times a few weeks ago - liked the sound of what the guy had to say. up 10%

I see Crypto's are having a pretty good few weeks. Up all over the place. Did they finaly bottom out ? :confused: Lost a few 100 on Bitcoin, but just thanking my lucky stars I didn't get carried away and go in heavy.

I was down 5200 on crypto at xmas, now only down 3800, hoping the recovery continues. Averaged down as much as I could, still in it for the long term though, so I'll either lose everything or reach.........the moon :pac:

Verastem - write off
    EVR Holdings - write off

I've averaged down here quite a bit. Results next week on the 12th so hopefully some decent sales and this can begin to climb out of the slump.
    It's market cap is only about $250m and must surely be a buy out candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I have a very small holding in BGSE and received this email from Degiro yesterday and also saw my holding disappeared yesterday. Can anyone advise what is going on and what I should do.

Thanks

Have to give it to Degiro they are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I'm interested in buying NIO on Degiro but I don't see a share price quoted for it. Why is that?

Also I purchased Tawana shares last year based on recommendations here. Does anyone know what happened to Tawana and why their shares are untradeable on Degiro.

Thank you

I'm interested in buying NIO on Degiro but I don't see a share price quoted for it. Why is that?

Also I purchased Tawana shares last year based on recommendations here. Does anyone know what happened to Tawana and why their shares are untradeable on Degiro.

Thank you

There's a thread on Tawana here, bought out I think.

I don't know why you wouldn't see NIO on Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

There's a thread on Tawana here, bought out I think.

I don't know why you wouldn't see NIO on Degiro.

Thanks for the Link, the NIO stock shows up but there is no price available for it. There is just a dollar symbol beside it. Its available on the NYSE.

Could be a chance for a quick trade in GTXI today, wouldn't be putting the pension fund on it

I've averaged down here quite a bit. Results next week on the 12th so hopefully some decent sales and this can begin to climb out of the slump.

In at 2.71.

Think I last got out around 5 ISH, seems very cheap now. Last cash on hand account was more than the current market cap.

NIO getting another beating today. Looks like an good entry point.
    But wait till I buy, soon as I do it'll drop another 5%.

• Advertisement

NIO getting another beating today. Looks like an good entry point.
    But wait till I buy, soon as I do it'll drop another 5%.

In at $7.20 - on it's way to 7 now.

In at $7.20 - on it's way to 7 now.

Thanks for taking it for the team, I'll get in again at 6.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Thanks for the Link, the NIO stock shows up but there is no price available for it. There is just a dollar symbol beside it. Its available on the NYSE.

Degiro is just for trading. Get your realtime prices elsewhere. Degiro is about a day behind... so be careful when you think your portfolio says x .... and it's actually y.

Degiro is just for trading. Get your realtime prices elsewhere. Degiro is about a day behind... so be careful when you think your portfolio says x .... and it's actually y.

Very true...as in y da fuq did I buy that pos!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm back in the negative :( All my great returns from last week or so...gone!

NIO & BABA :'(

Done exactly the same. My BEP on VSTM was over $6 got that down to $4 ish now. Fingers crossed for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Did anyone watch BPTH today? Opened at less that $5 yesterday to over $70 today, halted numerous times on the way and the way down. all on fairly fluffy news

XMG wrote: »
    Did anyone watch BPTH today? Opened at less that $5 yesterday to over $70 today, halted numerous times on the way and the way down. all on fairly fluffy news

1m shares float, 35m traded. Mostly due to that.
    Wouldn't like to be holding that bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I had some BPTH shares but sold around $6 on Monday. It was $12 by Wednesday, $60 on Thursday and is now $38 :mad:

• Advertisement

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    I had some BPTH shares but sold around $6 on Monday. It was $12 by Wednesday, $60 on Thursday and is now $38 :mad:

If it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck!!

Advertisement