Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And you’re not allowed to like both?!

absolutely not. It is like blur vs oasis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

absolutely not. It is like blur vs oasis

Only with more eye scratching !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

More of an S Club 7 person myself

Well im shocked.Shocked i tell ya.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The whole celebration of Philip Schofield for being "so brave" in coming out was farcical. He made a fool of his wife and a mockery of his marriage. Imagine realising that the entire life you'd built with someone was a lie, that they knew about the whole time. His wife should have been given the tonnes of support dished out, but instead people were tripping themselves up to congratulate him for living a lie. It's 2020. Nobody cares if you're gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Antares35 wrote: »
    The whole celebration of Philip Schofield for being "so brave" in coming out was farcical. He made a fool of his wife and a mockery of his marriage. Imagine realising that the entire life you'd built with someone was a lie, that they knew about the whole time. His wife should have been given the tonnes of support dished out, but instead people were tripping themselves up to congratulate him for living a lie. It's 2020. Nobody cares if you're gay.

shame on you, you must admire his bravery!!

he had an ongoing affair for what, 30 years?

like anyone having an affair, ****ing scumbag!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

maybe its me, i was not surprised he was gay, i was shocked years ago when my wife told me he was married to a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My two cents on it is that she probably knew and was happy to go along with it and stay in the lifestyle she’s in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

maybe its me, i was not surprised he was gay, i was shocked years ago when my wife told me he was married to a woman
    The Big Shock would have been if Schofield was Straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

My two cents on it is that she probably knew and was happy to go along with it and stay in the lifestyle she’s in.

I wouldn't like to put a probability on it but it's certainly possible that it was an arrangement. It's pretty unlikely he could have had a 30 year affair and not have his wife find out. And other people are free eto run their relationships any way they like.

If it was arranged and part of the deal then it's not cheating. But we don't know so probably best not pretend we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My UO is that his sexuality, or anyone else's for that matter, is none of our business.
    If you care about a strangers sexuality, you need something else to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn't like to put a probability on it but it's certainly possible that it was an arrangement. It's pretty unlikely he could have had a 30 year affair and not have his wife find out. And other people are free eto run their relationships any way they like.

If it was arranged and part of the deal then it's not cheating. But we don't know so probably best not pretend we know.

I did mean possible not probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

NIMAN wrote: »
    My UO is that his sexuality, or anyone else's for that matter, is none of our business.
    If you care about a strangers sexuality, you need something else to worry about.

True. Like I said, nobody cares if he's gay. It's the media outpouring and social media "hero" binge and vomit that got me. I couldn't give a shíte who he sleeps with. :)

True. Like I said, nobody cares if he's gay. It's the media outpouring and social media "hero" binge and vomit that got me. I couldn't give a shíte who he sleeps with. :)

correct.
    to me he is a cheating adulterer, who treated his wife like dirt.

He should be criticized, not praised for sleeping around and lying to his wife, but they wont for fear people will be called anti gay.

its ridiculous

correct.
    to me he is a cheating adulterer, who treated his wife like dirt.

He should be criticized, not praised for sleeping around and lying to his wife, but they wont for fear people will be called anti gay.

its ridiculous

Yeah but you don't know what his and his wife's relationship arrangement is. Maybe it was based on monogamy and he cheated, maybe it wasn't based on monogamy and his same sex relationship was fine.

Yeah but you don't know what his and his wife's relationship arrangement is. Maybe it was based on monogamy and he cheated, maybe it wasn't based on monogamy and his same sex relationship was fine.

how does that alter the fact of him portrayed as some "brave" figure

If your sisters husband was cheating on her for 30 years, would you be calling him brave ?

If your sisters husband was cheating on her for 30 years, would you be calling him brave ?
    If Schofield was a woman he would be a slapper !

Yeah, you don't know if it was cheating or not. That was the point of the post you quoted. Not sure if you missed the point or just ignored it.

again you missed the point

even if his wife and he had an open relationship, it still does make him "brave"

which part of this are you having difficulty with ?

even if his wife and he had an open relationship, it still does make him "brave"

The right thing to do would have been to come out years ago when he first knew he was gay. The Brave thing to do ~ ~ might have interfered with his career back then. Might not have been as popular with the Ladies ! !

There's far too many restrictions for a disease that has a 99.96% survival rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There's far too many restrictions for a disease that has a 99.96% survival rate.

Maybe, but we don't have much info on this little fcuker yet, prevention is better than cure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

So everyone's had the virus so?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dubstarr wrote: »
    I like Steps.

The ABBA of the 90’s

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Airbus507

In my opinion most wives are not sexually attracted to their husband. They had sex with men wmthat were attracted to in their younger years, but when it comes time to settling down they want to find a dependable man they can control.

It seems Like the Black Covid-19 Version is Not Nearly as Dangerous.

And BLM Protestors have some Super Power Against Covid-19 ! !

Omackeral wrote: »
    The ABBA of the 90’s
    Hardly when you consider the Impact ABBA had on Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Airbus507 wrote:
    In my opinion most wives are not sexually attracted to their husband. They had sex with men wmthat were attracted to in their younger years, but when it comes time to settling down they want to find a dependable man they can control.

Or maybe some didnt bond with your partners in a functional and respectful manner

I have no opinion on how brave/cowardly it was. It wouldn't make the news if i was in charge of news.
    Doesn't change the fact that you have no clue whether he was cheating or what his relationship with his wife was based on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

blinding wrote: »
    The right thing to do would have been to come out years ago when he first knew he was gay. The Brave thing to do ~ ~ might have interfered with his career back then. Might not have been as popular with the Ladies ! !

Sexuality confuses me to no end. If a previously straight guy has homosexual sex, the conclusion is often that he is gay or on the way, whilst if a previously gay man has heterosexual sex, he is still considered a gay man perhaps occasionally bi. It seems we define people by homosexual acts but not heterosexual acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Airbus507 wrote: »

I think most people get what they think they want. Many men grow up with over bearing mom's and seem to replicate that in their marriage.

But it's not all the same stereotype.

Advertisement