Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Google? There’s your problem.

Parent company that owns google, alphabet inc is worth 1.6 trillion, it speaks for itself really https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20210427-alphabet-revenue-soars-for-google-owner-in-covid-19-lockdown-boom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Health care workers starting to contract delta variant of covid at worrying rates. Gone from virtually no cases in fully vaccinated staff for months to increasing though still small numbers due to less efficacy, problem is it's not in huge circulation yet either.
    Outcomes are encouraging with only milder forms reported and no need for hospitalisations, that's why indoor dining isn't going to happen as it's a step back already.
    Sisters hospitals has 4 possibly 5 nurses out from a&e.

Big question is what will it do in the winter when it's at it's peak in seasonal strenght. Allowing max spread now wouldnt be a bad thing, give people a broader natural immunity when the severity will be much less compared to mid winter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The one million mRNA vaccines coming from Hungary are great news for younger people. Most over 60 will be done this week with their 2nd AZ.
    In less than 2 months almost all adults will be fully vaccinated. Hope they do from 12 years upwards too.
    At that point we will have to live a pretty normal life, with Covid in our midst.

Risk ATM is both the numbers still not fully vaccinated and also a breakthrough of the Delta variant in those already vaccinated because of the numbers infected as indicated by Waffle above.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

Children in US have died from these experimental injections. And others injured.
    Children rarely suffer from Covid. Why would any sane person risk a child's health?
    It is not their duty to take a risk to protect an older population.

So far, in US there have been over 6000 adult deaths reported due to these injections.
    In Europe there were over 12000 the last time I looked.
    If you want to take it that's your choice. Leave the children alone FFS

Water John wrote: »
    The one million mRNA vaccines coming from Hungary are great news for younger people. Most over 60 will be done this week with their 2nd AZ.
    In less than 2 months almost all adults will be fully vaccinated. Hope they do from 12 years upwards too.
    At that point we will have to live a pretty normal life, with Covid in our midst.

Risk ATM is both the numbers still not fully vaccinated and also a breakthrough of the Delta variant in those already vaccinated because of the numbers infected as indicated by Waffle above.

There really isn't any scientific basis to be aiming for x% of people vaccinated in the hope covid just dissapears. There is a big difference between the real world and theory. Herd immunity is thr latter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Children in US have died from these experimental injections. And others injured.
    Children rarely suffer from Covid. Why would any sane person risk a child's health?

So far, in US there have been over 6000 adult deaths reported due to these injections.

Someone already said something like there are 1 in 300 deaths from these vaccines - which would mean around 5000 deaths in ireland alone (I think we have around 1.5M vaccinated)
    Which I don’t think is the case...

So, do you have links for your statement above...

Re your last statement, it’s the parents choice what vaccines their kids get. So it’s both the parents choice whether they get it, and whether their kids get it. That’s the way it works...

There is a big difference between the real world and theory. Herd immunity is thr latter

Why do you think people get the rubella vaccine,particularly young kids,who are likely to have mothers who could be preganent again?

American data is on the VAERS system. European data on Eudra Vigilance.
    It's there if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Someone already said something like there are 1 in 300 deaths from these vaccines - which would mean around 5000 deaths in ireland alone (I think we have around 1.5M vaccinated)

Re your last statement, it’s the parents choice what vaccines their kids get. So it’s both the parents choice whether they get it, and whether their kids get it. That’s the way it works...

I think it’s obvious that we’re seeing anti establishment and anti vaxers making up ridiculous claims and spreading them as facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

American data is on the VAERS system. European data on Eudra Vigilance.
    It's there if you want it

Conspiracy theory nonsense and lies.
    You are spreading anti vax disinformation.
    Its there if you want to believe it

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/05/27/no-proof-covid-vaccine-has-injured-killed-over-900-children/7454519002/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Devils advocate what happens if it becomes state mandated that your kids cant attend school, indoor dining, particpate in sports etc unless vaccinated, people seem to forget that pharma have no liability to the long term consequences of this vaccine, its ludicrous to vaccinate childern given this fact alone

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory nonsense and lies.
    You are spreading anti vax disinformation.
    Its there if you want to believe it

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/05/27/no-proof-covid-vaccine-has-injured-killed-over-900-children/7454519002/

How dare you?
    I never said 900 children died. Post something relevant. Read my post. I said children have died in the US. And I said over 6000 adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

How dare you?
    I never said 900 children died. Post something relevant. Read my post. I said children have died in the US. And I said over 6000 adults.

Who knows what you said with your vague innuendo and 'look it up'.

If you have a source for your claims post a link.

Its obvious you are pushing an anti vax conspiracy theory angle with your vague hints.

Your claims are garbage and dangerous disinformation. How dare you?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Devils advocate what happens if it becomes state mandated that your kids cant attend school, indoor dining, particpate in sports etc unless vaccinated, people seem to forget that pharma have no liability to the long term consequences of this vaccine, its ludicrous to vaccinate childern given this fact alone

Yeah, I'd probably vaccinate them.

Questions back at you - would you home school them? Would you make them sure they never ate out again? Make them give up sport?
    Do you think imposing a lockdown on your own kids is the way to go if it was mandated?

Why do you think people get the rubella vaccine,particularly young kids,who are likely to have mothers who could be preganent again?

This is the covid thread, comment was in relation to covid which is a totally different disease to rubella. Not all disease can be eradicated by "herd immunity".
    Ultimately covid vaccine comes down to a risk vs reward on an individual basis. Any broad population targets have no basis as to somehow eradicate or severely limit community spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Tend to agree on that my daughter will not be getting this any time soon I snd nobody else knows the long term affects of these vacines and I don’t want to inflict any possible side affect on her ….she can make her own choice in time
    This vaccine roll out has picked up serious pace this week after what nephet came out with ….case numbers have gone up can they be trusted ??…the scaremongering has been ratcheted up a couple of gears ….people nearly feel guilt tripped into getting them ….there’s obvious short term benefits but long term side affects ??????.the sudden and quick offer of az snd Jansen to under 50s despite known side affects and a recommendation that neither should be used in under 50s is alarming

There really isn't any scientific basis to be aiming for x% of people vaccinated in the hope covid just dissapears. There is a big difference between the real world and theory. Herd immunity is thr latter

Covid won’t be disappearing anytime soon ,delta variant now there will be more …….we can choose to hide away and allow it to rule our life or get out take precautions and live with it ….that’s my plan

_Brian wrote: »
    I think it’s obvious that we’re seeing anti establishment and anti vaxers making up ridiculous claims and spreading them as facts.

I have my own doubts as do many I know ,far from an anti vaxer but your right there’s an amount of absolute ****e out there on line ….we can’t take everything govt and nephet tell us as gospel either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Tend to agree on that my daughter will not be getting this any time soon I snd nobody else knows the long term affects of these vacines and I don’t want to inflict any possible side affect on her ….she can make her own choice in time
    This vaccine roll out has picked up serious pace this week after what nephet came out with ….case numbers have gone up can they be trusted ??…the scaremongering has been ratcheted up a couple of gears ….people nearly feel guilt tripped into getting them ….there’s obvious short term benefits but long term side affects ??????.the sudden and quick offer of az snd Jansen to under 50s despite known side affects and a recommendation that neither should be used in under 50s is alarming

What really put me off this week was how it was suggested younger people get €150 for taking the vaccine. Doesnt sit well with me at all really, and i saw a headlime on the journal today saying there running lotteries for vaccinated young people with a chance ro win a million dollars as well as other incenrives being offered.
    Things are only just started to open back up and the scaremongering has already began.

Better living everyone

Yeah, I'd probably vaccinate them.

Questions back at you - would you home school them? Would you make them sure they never ate out again? Make them give up sport?
    Do you think imposing a lockdown on your own kids is the way to go if it was mandated?

This is a democracy …..at least it used to be jays point about the drugs company carrying no indemnity is relevant

• Advertisement

This is the covid thread, comment was in relation to covid which is a totally different disease to rubella. Not all disease can be eradicated by "herd immunity".
    Ultimately covid vaccine comes down to a risk vs reward on an individual basis. Any broad population targets have no basis as to somehow eradicate or severely limit community spread.
    Yous claim herd immunity was only a theory.......is it not essentially the reason behind the rubella vaccine though??

.....to vaccinate those around/in contact with people at risk (preganent women)thus effectively stopping it via what most would describe as herd immunity

mahoney_j wrote: »
    This is a democracy …..at least it used to be jays point about the drugs company carrying no indemnity is relevant

Oh, I know, its a made up scenario.
    But I was asked what I would do if it was state mandated, and I answered.

I would like to see what the person who asked would do in the same scenario...

Yous claim herd immunity was only a theory.......is it not essentially the reason behind the rubella vaccine though??

.....to vaccinate those around/in contact with people at risk (preganent women)thus effectively stopping it via what most would describe as herd immunity

Rubella is a very different disease to covid. What works for one isn't necessarily going to work for another as they work in very different ways.
    There isn't any evidence to suggest that it's actually possible to get anyway close to eradication of covid via vaccination and immunity.
    It is purely for the benefit of the person receiving the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

That'srubbish, most of the older generation will be vaccinated before the children are even offered it.
    I've been double vaccinated two or three months and haven't used sanitiser since. OH will be vaccinated on monday and after that i'll be out a lot more.
    There's not too many older generation bothered whether any young people ever get vaccinated now

Rubella is a very different disease to covid. What works for one isn't necessarily going to work for another as they work in very different ways.
    There isn't any evidence to suggest that it's actually possible to get anyway close to eradication of covid via vaccination and immunity.
    It is purely for the benefit of the person receiving the vaccine.

Rubella is spread by people coughing or sneezing into the air?

Surely its a reasonable comparison with covid in terms of how its spread??

Oh, I know, its a made up scenario.
    But I was asked what I would do if it was state mandated, and I answered.

I would like to see what the person who asked would do in the same scenario...

Not a chance id let them, people have very short memories remember the swine flu vaccince https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/swine-flu-vaccine-side-effects-so-bad-that-children-were-like-schizophrenics-37275895.html&ved=2ahUKEwi-sPnw_8bxAhWOYMAKHcG-B2gQFjAHegQIIRAC&usg=AOvVaw3MoKFZ8eAOzH7JXlSEU_ir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

150000 in Europe, latest figures.

jaymla627 wrote: »

Fair enough...

But just to answer my questions - you would impose a lockdown where you wouldn't send them to school, nor let them out to any restaurant nor do any sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭green daries

Has anyone ever heard of polio...........
    Does anyone realise its a virus .......
    I think there's money to be made on tinfoil hats.......... but seriously do have a Google of polio....or some other safer search engines since Google is only one step away from being the matrix according to some

• Advertisement

Rubella is spread by people coughing or sneezing into the air?

Surely its a reasonable comparison with covid in terms of how its spread??

Bicycles and buses are both modes of transport and both have wheels. But yet there are vast differences between them

Advertisement