Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Just posting here because i dont think it is necessary to open a new thread

but anyway....my 21st is in a few weeks and i have been looking a few dresses on asos......

I found a few but im liking this one

image1l.jpg

I am a natural ginger and im not too sure if the colour would go with it?

what do people think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Have you dyed your hair since I last saw you? If not I think that would be gorgeous on you! Get some sky scraper heels, nice little clutch. Get yo hair all did and you'll be only gooooorjesssssss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Pixie, I've seen pics of you in the tLL thread (hope that doesn't sound creepy :P ) and I've gotta agree, I think it would be lovely on you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Have you dyed your hair since I last saw you? If not I think that would be gorgeous on you! Get some sky scraper heels, nice little clutch. Get yo hair all did and you'll be only gooooorjesssssss.

nope its just after going different shades of red and blonde for some reason?!
    Also havent seen you in a year??!! :eek:

mmmm guurrll sounds good! I just wasnt sure coz of the red/orange clash that could happen...
    Pixie, I've seen pics of you in the tLL thread (hope that doesn't sound creepy :P ) and I've gotta agree, I think it would be lovely on you. :)

super creep alert!! :D i joke!!

Right i think that settles it...hope its still in stock coz its on sale at the moment!! Even though im technically not doing anything fancy for it i want a fancy dress!! :o

Thanks Ladies! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just spotted an ad for next months issue of Glamour: free gifts from Benefit!
    Choice between:

Bad Gal Lash mascara
    Pore Professional
    That Gal primer

All about 7.5mls and worth between £10 and £15 sterling...
    Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just spotted an ad for next months issue of Glamour: free gifts from Benefit!
    Choice between:

Bad Gal Lash mascara
    Pore Professional
    That Gal primer

All about 7.5mls and worth between £10 and £15 sterling...
    Hurrah!
    Thank you so much for posting, and they are actually products that I would use! When is it out I wonder? Think I'll buy a couple of copies with the pore professional on it and one each of the other two!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Cool, I wanted to try the Porefessional, must look out for that. :)

It's the Next issue after this one, and I think this one is recently out.. So keep a look out in about three weeks I reckon? So handy, little stash of benefit goodies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Oh that is brilliant, I love Benefit. Might have to go for Bad Gal myself, always wanted it but never tried it! :D

What date does glamour usually come out on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I think sometime around the 5 - 8th of the month, Michellenman.

Thanks for the heads up, Ladymaybelle! Love Glamour and Benefit, so it's a win win :D

Apparently the next issue is the July issue and is on sale in UK May 31st... Never know they can't just call it the June issue !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Lia lia, you are just cute as a button!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee, you look gorgeous in your latest post in WDYWT. Love the dress. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Novella wrote: »
    Twee, you look gorgeous in your latest post in WDYWT. Love the dress. :)

Awh thanks! Can't wait to wear the dress again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Twee. wrote: »
    Awh thanks! Can't wait to wear the dress again!

Total opposite to me.

I'm always afraid people with think I've got nothing else to wear :D

Total opposite to me.

I'm always afraid people with think I've got nothing else to wear :D

I wore it to a wedding in the OH's family, I reckon it'll do for a night out with the girls :D

I have a really cool Atlas Sound tshirt, and a guy I don't see too often asked if it was my favourite top as he's seen me in it so much :eek: I guess it is my favourite... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

What size in American Apparel disco pants is the same as a size 6 here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

XS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Anyone order from New Look before? Delivery says 5-7 working days and they were dispatched the next day (Monday morning), wondering if there's a chance I'll have them by Saturday.

• Advertisement

Glamour out in Uk! Got my primer'

*runs to the newsagents*

thanks!!

*runs to the newsagents*

thanks!!
    Hope its out in Ireland too...

Oh I hope you haven't gotten my hopes up for nothing now :pac:

It's feckin tiny!! I usually always get the mascara which feels like a decent gift but the primer is tiny. 7.5mls as I said but looks ickle!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Is it actually available in Ireland??? I looked everywhere in Donegal and none of shops bloody sell it!! :(

XDivaX wrote: »
    Is it actually available in Ireland??? I looked everywhere in Donegal and none of shops bloody sell it!! :(
    Prob not yet? It only seemed to come out today here so maybe at the weekend or next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

We normally get the mags here about 3-5 days after they come out in the U.K.

So if it came out in the U.K today, we should have it by Monday I'd say, Tuesday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I went looking for it this evening and didn't see it. I did end up picking up a copy of Marie Claire which comes with a Ciaté nail polish....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

We normally get the mags here about 3-5 days after they come out in the U.K.

So if it came out in the U.K today, we should have it by Monday I'd say, Tuesday at the latest.

Aww makes sense now! Thanks for that- was getting annoyed not finding it and even asked a friend in Dublin if she could look for it- she is in Liverpool this weekend so she said she will pick up few for me and herself ;) that is if there is any left. Perhaps OTT of me but the primer is one of the best I had and would really like to try bad gal ;) Ain't fussed about porefessional- didn't really seem to make a difference for me but I heard a lot of raving reviews about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 schuey2me

hi i got the glamour mag today in a small village in sligo so should be in the bigger newsagents :D

I looked in a few places in Mullingar and none of them have it, yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

What's people's opinions on this dress?

http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsavv358.html

Thinking about getting it in black, but can't make up my mind, as velvet can be tricky. I LOVE the double U-neck though. What say ye? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

The dress itself could look really good with the right accessories. Nothing too 80s though, no fishnets or crimped hair.

I wouldn't wear it myself because it looks very unforgiving but you know yourself what suits your own body.

If you really like it, go for it ;) its quite cute and could look really quirky if worn with the right accessories.

The dress itself could look really good with the right accessories. Nothing too 80s though, no fishnets or crimped hair.

I wouldn't wear it myself because it looks very unforgiving but you know yourself what suits your own body.

If you really like it, go for it ;) its quite cute and could look really quirky if worn with the right accessories.

Yeah, this is it, unforgiving. I mean, the models don't even look all that amazing in it, and let's face it, if a model doesn't, who will? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Sea Filly wrote: »
    What's people's opinions on this dress?

http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsavv358.html

Thinking about getting it in black, but can't make up my mind, as velvet can be tricky. I LOVE the double U-neck though. What say ye? :)

Yeah I have a dress just like that from Topshop and LOVE it! Very short though...the AA one will probably be pretty short too...they tend to be. Quite warm too with the long sleeves...so only really wear it in the winter.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yeah I have a dress just like that from Topshop and LOVE it! Very short though...the AA one will probably be pretty short too...they tend to be. Quite warm too with the long sleeves...so only really wear it in the winter.

I was also thinking it could be worn as a top with a full skirt over it or something. Strictly winter wear too, I think.

I really want this dress, it's gorgeous in reality, so pretty and summery.

DSC_3207__25033_std.jpg

http://www.axparis.co.uk/products/Cream-Floral-Fitted-Dress.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

very pretty and a reasonable price. Go for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

schuey2me wrote: »
    hi i got the glamour mag today in a small village in sligo so should be in the bigger newsagents :D
    I looked in a few places in Mullingar and none of them have it, yet.

I saw it in Eason in Heuston station yesterday, no primer though so I held out.

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    They had no primer in a big stack of them in Tesco in Mahon(Cork) either :( Going to check a couple of places tomorrow, am hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on one with the primer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

lindtee wrote: »
    tomissex wrote: »
    They had no primer in a big stack of them in Tesco in Mahon(Cork) either :( Going to check a couple of places tomorrow, am hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on one with the primer.

None in superquinn limerick either. Lots of badgal and one porefessional.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    I was also thinking it could be worn as a top with a full skirt over it or something. Strictly winter wear too, I think.

I have two of these and love them from over very skinny black trousers/"treggings". But as said, very warm, you'd be sweatin' in it if it's nice out! Cute though, and flattering, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Right, conspiracy theory time:

Why is there no primer anywhere? I checked everywhere in Lucan and all I found were a ton of mascaras and some porefessional. Did they not send any to Ireland or did they just put out way less of the primers?

Twee. wrote: »
    I have two of these and love them from over very skinny black trousers/"treggings".

Have you got any pics of you wearing them? From the picture threads on this site, I can see you have a lovely figure but it'd just be great to see the dress on a non-model!*

* Unless you are a model. :D:o

phasers wrote: »
    Right, conspiracy theory time:

Why is there no primer anywhere? I checked everywhere in Lucan and all I found were a ton of mascaras and some porefessional. Did they not send any to Ireland or did they just put out way less of the primers?
    Checked 3 more places today on my travels and no sign of the primer:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

There was actually primer in my local shop but they only had 2-3 magazines in total and porefessional was in two :confused: I knew this offer was too good to be true :p

Delighted to see Sapsorrow return to boards:). Looking forward to seeing more of your purchases and your pretty WDYWT pictures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Aw thanks Lind! Can you believe I've internetless all this time :eek:

207626.jpg

207627.jpg

207628.jpg

My clothes at a recent fashion show here in Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Sapsorrow: Is there any more pictures of the clothes from that show? I wanted to go but it would have costed too much. €20 for a ticket, taxi in and out from work, I'd have to have drinks and I would have liked to bring my sister.

• Advertisement
Advertisement