Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

OldGoat wrote: »
    /Conjures a bewildering image. :eek:

:)

obviously not for use at the same time....:D its just usually so expensive I thought I may as well spread the word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

City deal are doing an offer for a hollywood or brazillian wax for just €18! I bought three of them :D

http://www.citydeal.ie/deals/dublin-special/Galligan/270845/.QRRPlX
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :D:D:D

I was debating with myself whether to post it or not in case it was a bit inappropiate, but I was raging no one told me about the last one and I found out too late when it was sold out, Im glad someone benefitted :D also as squeakyduck kindly pointed out to me you get 50 per cent off any other waxing when you use that voucher, happy days!

I was debating with myself whether to post it or not in case it was a bit inappropiate, but I was raging no one told me about the last one and I found out too late when it was sold out, Im glad someone benefitted :D also as squeakyduck kindly pointed out to me you get 50 per cent off any other waxing when you use that voucher, happy days!
    Lol there's been a few waxing threads on Boards so I don't see how it could be viewed as inappropriate lol :D

Didn't know about the 50% off other waxing treatments with this voucher, thanks for letting me know :D

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

OldGoat wrote: »
    /Conjures a bewildering image. :eek:

:)

I LOL'D!
    Cheers OP for the tip!
    Got rid of City Deals myself cos a lot of it is just spam, and it clogs up my mailbox!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the O.P.I nail polishes are any good?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anyone know any fake tans that don't come off in the shower very easily? Going away in a couple of weeks, won't have time to be redoing tan every day. I'm like really pale, so I don't want it to be very dark...less translucent white would be good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Does anyone know if the O.P.I nail polishes are any good?

Thanks!

I have 3 of 'em and they're not bad. That said, I would invest in Rimmel before OPI as I find the brushes way better and the consistency less water-y. Not bad, but not great.

Novella wrote: »
    I have 3 of 'em and they're not bad. That said, I would invest in Rimmel before OPI as I find the brushes way better and the consistency less water-y. Not bad, but not great.
    Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

They look gorgeous you should go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Gorgeous BarleyBooley, I'd be a bit wary though, those glittery shoes have a tendency to shed the glitter and can look a bit shoddy after a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

pwetty shoes!!! Lovely stuff!
    Not been round here in a bit..where's Sapsorrow disappeared to? I miss gunesax dresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

debenhams had their 20% sale this week, they sell dune shoes, you should check to see if they have them on sale...

they are fab!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Good lord, another awful make over on Off The Rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I saw the Off the Rails book on sale in Eason's after Christmas for €1 and very nearly bought it for the pictures. The advice was so awful and generic that even €1 was too much to pay for it! :eek:

I find Sonia Lennon a bit overbearing I saw her on the model scouts giving style advice and she came across very badly, I think it's a pity it's thew only style show on RTE and it's absolutely desperate, No wonder people think Irish people have no fashion sense. There is a host of young presenters who could give it an edgier feel.

Twee. wrote: »
    Good lord, another awful make over on Off The Rails.

I didn't like what they did to that woman's hair at all, and I thought the make up they put on her eyes was too dark and practically made her eyes disappear.
    Plus, what was with the spring/summer tip bit? Most of the stuff was ridiculously expensive! Like a dress for 6 hundred euro. I doubt there were many people watching who'd want to or be able to spend that much on one item of clothing.

Novella wrote: »
    I didn't like what they did to that woman's hair at all, and I thought the make up they put on her eyes was too dark and practically made her eyes disappear.
    Plus, what was with the spring/summer tip bit? Most of the stuff was ridiculously expensive! Like a dress for 6 hundred euro. I doubt there were many people watching who'd want to or be able to spend that much on one item of clothing.

Her eye make up was awful! Her hair was lovely the original colour, all it needed was a stylish tidy. And the husband. Well, my god, I don't know what to say! They're working, young, parents, should they not have given them better advice for day to day? I mean, the dad is hardly going to wear his pink cashmere sweater and loafers down at the park, or bringing the kids to school. And she's not gonna wear shorts and four inch heels doing the shopping. There definitely needs to be more practical advice, as well as the glam side.

Yep, way too expensive. Fair enough show us the cat walk inspiration, but then let us know where to find one for cheaper :pac:

Twee. wrote: »
    Her eye make up was awful! Her hair was lovely the original colour, all it needed was a stylish tidy. And the husband. Well, my god, I don't know what to say! They're working, young, parents, should they not have given them better advice for day to day? I mean, the dad is hardly going to wear his pink cashmere sweater and loafers down at the park, or bringing the kids to school. And she's not gonna wear shorts and four inch heels doing the shopping. There definitely needs to be more practical advice, as well as the glam side.

Yep, way too expensive. Fair enough show us the cat walk inspiration, but then let us know where to find one for cheaper :pac:

Exactly! Her hair was much nicer lighter. Oh, I know! The husband! I couldn't believe some of the stuff they were putting him in - those cream chinos with the sweater and the blazer! He looked way older than he actually is, and it was just so... wrong!

Or the under fifty euro look. Sonia's wasn't even under fifty 'cause she didn't include the price of the shoes, just the top and skirt and I thought it was awful anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

God I am so sick of shops with their vanity sizing. Was at topshop yesterday and the dresses in the "love" range (some of which are very nice) are swimming off me in the s/m size! I'm not that small...what about very skinny people! And there were a dress in the topshop own brand range that I liked which was way too big in an 8. Are clothes just getting bigger everywhere?!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    God I am so sick of shops with their vanity sizing. Was at topshop yesterday and the dresses in the "love" range (some of which are very nice) are swimming off me in the s/m size! I'm not that small...what about very skinny people! And there were a dress in the topshop own brand range that I liked which was way too big in an 8. Are clothes just getting bigger everywhere?!
    +1 to this.

In London a few weeks ago I tried on [URL=http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2109870&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208523&parent_categoryId=203984&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=20&refinements=Colour{1}~[grey]&noOfRefinements=]this[/URL]and looked two sizes too big on me! :(

It's difficult to find nice knitwear as it is then when I finally find something, it's too big!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Lia_lia wrote: »

And everyone got rid of their size six! An 8 is like a 10 in most places now, I can never buy anything and the 8s were too big on me to begin with. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

There is an awful lot of oversized stuff in too though which as I've mentioned before irritates the hell out of me. Topshop are particularly guilty of it. There was an off the shoulder top I thought looked nice, Im normally a size 12 and had to put on a size 6 so that you could actually see that I had a body underneath it.

This can be a killer with online shopping, If you order your own size the dress can look like a tent and it looks like you have no figure. I find Darling, Mina and Modcloth the best in these situations.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Saw this dress and this one in Oasis yesterday, want both but can't really justify dropping that much money on clothes after I spent quite a lot in Barcelona last weekend :mad:

On a slightly related note, wanted to buy another dress in Promod in Barcelona but they didn't have my size, went to check the website and it's €20 more expensive on the Irish website than it was in Spain! :eek:

The second dress is beautiful!

I tried this dress on today in River Island. So lovely, but I can't really justify it. €53 isn't obscene, but I wouldn't be able to wear it for ages, until the weather gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

On a slightly related note, wanted to buy another dress in Promod in Barcelona but they didn't have my size, went to check the website and it's €20 more expensive on the Irish website than it was in Spain! :eek:

Yeah that's really bloody annoying. I got a lovely scarf in Promod in Germany, lost it, then went to buy it online from here and it was almost twice the price! :eek: Nearly rang my Dad to get him to buy it in France for me and just post it over!

I am such a genius, bought the wrong size shoes in Penney's :( Gonna have to go in tomorrow to change them because I want them for tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Anyone know any good second hand shops/markets in berlin?

Advertisement