Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

• 14-10-2019 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Remember a few years back when I boarded a coach bus from Drogheda to Dublin to go to school. Mother loaded money into my card and promised me it'd be there. There were about 15 people at the bus stop. Got in and the driver told me I had no money on my card and I didn't have any change so I had to squish people getting out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just a thought..
    Are you the alter ego of ILoveYourVibes?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Remember a few years back when I boarded a coach bus from Drogheda to Dublin to go to school. Mother loaded money into my card and promised me it'd be there. There were about 15 people at the bus stop. Got in and the driver told me I had no money on my card and I didn't have any change so I had to squish people getting out.

THAT'S the most embarrassing moment of your life? How old are you because seriously, worse shìt than that happened to me before i was even a teenager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think some of your threads would surpass that moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Was your naughtiest moment; running through a wheat field by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

OP forgot to mention the incident in school cleaning supplies with the hoover and his penis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Congrats.. You win runner up for my Ignore list.
    You missed out only marginally to your alter ego.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Just a thought..
    :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Just a thought..

don't know who that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I thought you said you were from africa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Whilst sitting up high on a gate in glorious sunshine in Israel a tour guide I knew came by with a group of about 20 people. From the distance she clocked me, said hi and walked slowly with her back to me as she talked to the group. She asked the group to stay there while she got a bag of water and they could ask me any questions.
    The group acted a bit odd if even a little rude. No questions came my way and the people were acting shifty.

When my friend returned she thanked me and walked towards me with a nice cold bottle of water...she started to slow up as she got closer and her face took on a shocked look. "Fcuk sake!" she hissed "Your junk's hanging out of your shorts!"

I had a whole week of seeing these people after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ghetofarmulous

Some of your posts are gas

Wait,This is my 100th post. I’m wasting it on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Some of your posts are gas

Whose posts?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A year ago, 2 months after I got my gallbladder out, I went to fire restaurant for dinner. Lots of rich foods meant my stomach wasn't the best (anyone who has had their gallbladder removed will know this).

So post meal, decided to wander over to the Dawson lounge for a pint of Guinness. Halfway across the road, I trusted a fart that I shouldn't have. I waddle to the pub, order a Guinness and go to the Jax to tidy up. No Jax roll. What do I do? My Guinness was ready, and as I was looking forward to the pint, instood there, consuming my pint, in full knowledge I had the equivalent of a melted mars bar down my hole.

Finish the pint, post haste, and waddle off to burger king on Grafton Street to use their Jax. Wander down. Queue for 5 minutes while the one cubicle is in use. The previous chap finishes, and in I wander. No Jax roll again. Disaster.

So thinking, I decide to wander down to McDonalds. At this stage, the mars bar had turned into something akin to a mud bath and a vienetta. Held together tightly by my arse cheeks. Making a provereable chocolate diamond.

Eventually make it to McDonalds. Only the disabled toilet free. I didn't care. In I wandered and relieved myself of this goo as well as the internal rumblings that had continued. After about 10 minutes there was knocking on the door. Security guard thought I was up to something. I opened the door and obviously a poo particle wave hit his nostrils as he realised the gravitas of the situation.

That was embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

A girl I was going out with once, found out I was on boards.ie

The shame of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Just a thought..

It's actually kinda sad that some members here do that.

Life must be very empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Caught having a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That was more embarrassing than some of the things you've posted about doing on your myriad of threads? Or have you forgotten what you've posted already?

My most embarrassing moment will have to go untold, as it would identify me and you'd only go looking up the old news footage and reawakening the shame.

That was more embarrassing than some of the things you've posted about doing on your myriad of threads? Or have you forgotten what you've posted already?

My most embarrassing moment will have to go untold, as it would identify me and you'd only go looking up the old news footage and reawakening the shame.

Did you slip on ice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Did you need medical attention after that fall?

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote: »
    Did you need medical attention after that fall?

It didn't involve a physical fall. I'm embarrassed even thinking about it now; and those weeks of being hounded by the media.

antodeco wrote: »
    A year ago, 2 months after I got my gallbladder out, I went to fire restaurant for dinner. Lots of rich foods meant my stomach wasn't the best (anyone who has had their gallbladder removed will know this).

So post meal, decided to wander over to the Dawson lounge for a pint of Guinness. Halfway across the road, I trusted a fart that I shouldn't have. I waddle to the pub, order a Guinness and go to the Jax to tidy up. No Jax roll. What do I do? My Guinness was ready, and as I was looking forward to the pint, instood there, consuming my pint, in full knowledge I had the equivalent of a melted mars bar down my hole.

Finish the pint, post haste, and waddle off to burger king on Grafton Street to use their Jax. Wander down. Queue for 5 minutes while the one cubicle is in use. The previous chap finishes, and in I wander. No Jax roll again. Disaster.

So thinking, I decide to wander down to McDonalds. At this stage, the mars bar had turned into something akin to a mud bath and a vienetta. Held together tightly by my arse cheeks. Making a provereable chocolate diamond.

Eventually make it to McDonalds. Only the disabled toilet free. I didn't care. In I wandered and relieved myself of this goo as well as the internal rumblings that had continued. After about 10 minutes there was knocking on the door. Security guard thought I was up to something. I opened the door and obviously a poo particle wave hit his nostrils as he realised the gravitas of the situation.

That was embarrassing.

It's a pity that, at the time of writing, this is the only redeeming feature of this thread. The thread will probably be closed soon, or forgotten, and this post might find a similar fate. What a shame for your carefully constructed letter to us.

I liked the Vienetta analogy, and I liked your reliance on active verbs. In case this thread gets closed, I hope you post it again in a kindred, more hospitable thread. Might I suggest the Étiquette thread ?

Good night sir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Mother loaded money....

That's your most embarrassing moment right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

antodeco wrote: »

That was embarrassing.

Post of the year! :pac:

Most embarrassing moment for me has gotta be when I was in college. Woke late one morning for a lecture. No clean underpants, and the one I was wearing had skidmarks. So went commando. Out the door anyway and to the lecture. Half way through it, we each had to go up front and deliver a 1 minute mini talk about the topic. I went up anyway and started my go. I noticed quite quickly that many of me colleagues were laughing/stunned/pointing/etc. Was questioning wtf was going on, when I looked down and saw that little John was outside the barn door. Ah the joys of being young and in college.

It didn't involve a physical fall. I'm embarrassed even thinking about it now; and those weeks of being hounded by the media.

My interest is now piqued, you can't leave such tantalising information without giving the full story.

Do tell ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I pulled a guy over over one night working as a patrol man up by dooluth/Bemidji. He scared the crap out of me with this mystic warning about monsters and old world maps and stuff then kind of told me to go back to my car and forget about it.

I did.

Turns out he had just left the scene of a shooting where a police officer and Martin Freeman’s wife had been killed.

Later when they sent around a photo of a suspect I realized I had let him go and had to go tell my police chief about how I let a killer go because he scared me.

I was put on animal patrol where I ended up shooting another police officer in a snow storm.

Anyway I deliver the mail now.

My interest is now piqued, you can't leave such tantalising information without giving the full story.

Do tell ...
    A bit of a google might turn it up "Tent...Coypu...President....rifle....helicopter"

;)

A bit of a google might turn it up "Tent...Coypu...President....rifle....helicopter"

;)

So ... you were an American cop and flew your helicopter too low over an unruly crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dropped some child tears from my wee blondy head in front of the class after a teacher whacked my hand with a leather strap. Can't even remember what it was I did wrong.

Imagine that, someone made child-beating implements lovingly shaped out of genuine leather!

• Advertisement

I was crossing a major intersection on a windy day and my dress blew up around my head and I couldn't get it down. I was wearing cartoon drawers too. I could hear people laughing in their cars.

I called my old boss Dad in a very big and very serious meeting. I call my dad by name so I don't know where that came from.

I greeted someone I knew in a crowded shop but it was my own reflection in a mirror and loads of people overheard. :(

Not that long ago, I saw my OH coming down an escalator towards me in a shop while I was waiting for him, and I gave him the finger-guns-of-love to the heart, did a little 3 part panto of holstering the imaginary guns, then realised it wasn't him. The shame.

Should have gone to SpecSavers.

So, so many more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Are you Twink? zip up your ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did you plead with the people of Ireland not to take risks on treacherous roofs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Stepping onto a train (not Ireland) had headphones on and didnt hear the door bleeps, door closes on my arm as I'm half in the train with my arm sticking out, it was really wedged against my arm and I couldn't move it.. A little bit of panic enters my face as I look around for a button to press to open the door, but the button was on my left side and it was my left arm that was trapped, so getting my other arm over was an feet in itself. Anyway, I frantically press it but nothing happens and after what seemed like minutes I eventually used all my force and yanked my arm free and as I do a wave of joy comes across my face just as I turn to all the passangers, all of them staring porkered faced at me like I'm some moron who can't walk through a door correctly.
    If it had of been Ireland someone would have laughed along when they seen the relief on my face but not this shower of joyless commuters, who I then had to sit among for the rest of the journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did you slip on ice?

That's the incident I was thinking off. Was your man ever identified?

cjmc wrote: »
    That's the incident I was thinking off. Was your man ever identified?

I don't think so. Imagine the shame? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Snotty wrote: »
    Stepping onto a train (not Ireland) had headphones on and didnt hear the door bleeps, door closes on my arm as I'm half in the train with my arm sticking out, it was really wedged against my arm and I couldn't move it.. A little bit of panic enters my face as I look around for a button to press to open the door, but the button was on my left side and it was my left arm that was trapped, so getting my other arm over was an feet in itself. Anyway, I frantically press it but nothing happens and after what seemed like minutes I eventually used all my force and yanked my arm free and as I do a wave of joy comes across my face just as I turn to all the passangers, all of them staring porkered faced at me like I'm some moron who can't walk through a door correctly.
    If it had of been Ireland someone would have laughed along when they seen the relief on my face but not this shower of joyless commuters, who I then had to sit among for the rest of the journey.

God! What country was this? They sound depressing! Im as reserved as they come and I think Id even smile or laugh at that happening to somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MondayBlues

Around 12 years ago a lot of underage people used to jump a wall to get into a certain night club in Kilkenny.

Anyway the wall was 12ft and I couldn't heist myself over it. I was well oiled at this stage.

At this wall beside the night club is a green fence with kind of spikes on top of it. There was a trailer there and i pulled it over and got up on the railing . The top of the railing was the same as this one and was around eight foot. https:// bit.ly/31eCanT. You cannot see this railing from the night club. It leads into a private sector area.

I was basically over the railing but the spike got caught in my jeans and i was hanging there with my legs dangling in the air for about two hours. I tried to rip my jeans with the spike but didn't work. I was getting myself more tangled in it the more i struggled. Eventually i fell asleep from the beer.

I was awoken by the cops who questioned what the hell i was doing. I was never as embarrassed in my life. The cops tried to get me down an at this stage there was six or seven people looking at me.
    The cops couldn't get me down off the spike and were actually causing me pain trying to get me down. They had to call the fire department who cut me out and there i was in shredded boxers with people laughing at me. This was really embarrassing and the cops were basically laughing.

They brought me home to the parents and got an earful from them. I'm just delighted camera phones weren't as popular back then and lucky I didn't do myself any serious damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

First thing that comes to mind was waiting to get off the bus on my way to my art college one morning. I tripped as I went to get off the bus and fell, in major slow motion and landed face down, literally, in the grass verge beside the bus stop, my nose was in the grass. My right hand and was still attached to the rail at the front of the bus and legs on the bus. I literally face planted. Everything other than my head/face came stayed behind. Was almost Monty Python-ish in style.

I was utterly mortified. I had to pick face up from being embedded/indented in the verge and hope to God I hadn't smashed my nose etc.

Worst thing is not one of the 17 people - mainly blokes or so behind me waiting to get off the bus, never even asked if I was ok. Some of them actually stepped over me.

I had to pick myself up and walk behind them with them all giggling and laughing at me.

People are so cruel. And I am having a good laugh at the horrible memory... LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I'm just delighted camera phones weren't as popular back then

So true!

That, or we'd all be millionaires due to going viral on youTube...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don't think so. Imagine the shame? :pac:

Its probably the most embarrassing thing in his life ! So I thought maybe he posted here.
    Gonna go looking for it. I want a good laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I thought you said you were from africa

He obviously meant Balbriggan then not Drogheda

When I was in school I got off the bus one morning and was making my way up the road when my dick suddenly felt cold......
    Looked down to see my junk hanging out a rip in my trousers!
    I moved quickly to cover myself but moved too quickly and managed to punch myself in the ballbag......
    Nobody actually saw me but i was fairly embarrassed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

When I was in school I got off the bus one morning and was making my way up the road when my dick suddenly felt cold......
    Looked down to see my junk hanging out a rip in my trousers!
    I moved quickly to cover myself but moved too quickly and managed to punch myself in the ballbag......
    Nobody actually saw me but i was fairly embarrassed

When you fingered me

Did you slip on ice?

Before I scrolled down I already knew this was gere😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Won't go into too much detail as to how the following occurred, but two Bean Garda seen my Mickey outside Turner's Cross, which is embarrassing enough in its own right. When one of them made a little gesture with her pinky finger and her colleague joked that it was smaller than most she'd seen in her lifetime is when I blushed. I rapidly retorted that she'd probably seen more than her fair share of bratwurst in her young life, but they had me burnt already. Pair of them walked away laughing, while my pals stayed beside me, also laughing heartily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I was once hospitalised with a gerbil up my hoop..oh no wait,that was Richard Gere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Second year in school, class in a room which sort of looked like a theatre so rows of cushioned seats instead of individual chairs

Anyway I have my hands behind my head while holding a pen, drop the pen and it lands behind neighbouring students arse at the back of the row of seats , i reach down to retrieve, Yer man shifts his position, my hand comes into contact with his arse momentarily, he leaps to his feet and roars that i made a pass at him in front of the entire class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Not the most embarrassing moment of my life but definitely the most embarrassing incident of the last week.

On Friday evening I was having a shower when there was a bang at my front door. I was expecting my teenage daughter home and she’s always forgetting her keys so I shouted down “let yourself in, I’ll be down in a few minutes”. When I emerged from the bathroom on to the landing I was in the nip and my mechanic was at the bottom of the stairs waving my keys in the air and telling me my car was fully serviced and he was taking away the loan car :o:o:o

I was pretty mortified. To make matters worse, we have a past so I’m pretty sure he thinks my nudity was deliberate. Needless to say I won’t be appearing in the garage anytime soon :(

Edit I’m a female poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was running for a bus on a dark evening many years ago. The driver was just pulling out, and since I was agonisingly close, I sped up even more. Bus driver spotted me and stopped, but not before I absolutely leveled myself in front of everyone on the bus. In the excitement and with my bad vision, I didn't spot the pole, ie the actual bus stop, and hit it so hard that I actually swung myself around before landing on the ground. Was thankfully uninjured, and the bus driver was p!ssing himself so much that he waved me on to the bus without charging me a fare

• Advertisement
Advertisement